1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did the AV1611 Translators use the TR?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

The Erasmian text was actually published by a man named Froben, since Erasmus was not a publisher! :cool:

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

According to Hoskier, he compared and examined between Vaticanus and Sinaiticus AND the TR and the TR. He found Vaticanus and Sinaiticus disagreeing each other in the Gospels alone 3,000 times.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

According to Hoskier, he compared and examined between Vaticanus and Sinaiticus AND the TR and the TR. He found Vaticanus and Sinaiticus disagreeing each other in the Gospels alone 3,000 times. </font>[/QUOTE]Just because something agrees or disagrees does not mean it has any accuracy. Know any manuscripts that agree 100% with what is the perceived text? Some years ago my in-laws went into a room and set their clocks to the same time and went into the next room where the master clock was and realized that the time they set their watches to was not in agreement with the master clock.

It is generally thought that even some of the originals have been corrected after they were dictated.

If 20,000 manuscripts were to agree does not mean they are all accurate. They may be precise and totally inaccurate. Numbers mean nothing when it comes to this. There may not be one manuscript that is totally accurate. I am convinced that is the case the more I study.

We know that scribes wrote text in the margin to help explain the text and then later it was introduced into the text itself. Now some who are much more qualified than I are trying to unravel the mess.

Personally I have a great appreciation for those experts who are trying to do their best. I know they will listen to others because some students where I went to seminary worked on some of this and the committee changed its position on some things.

4. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

So you deny that Erasmus brought the TR to public attention, and or was the writer or author of the work? On what basis do you make that accusation?