1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did the Glorious Appearing Already Happen?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preacher4truth, Jul 5, 2011.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

If so, what's next?

I don't believe it has happened, and have looked into this preterist teaching that says it has, and I'm not buying it. It reminds me too much of Hymenaeus. I've read all the verses used to make Gods kingdom some type of invisible thing, seemingly anemic.

Symbolism in Scripture is generally weaker than it's reality. The elements of the Lord Supper being an example. The symbolism of hell, and its reality must also be much worse. The explanations and symbolism of the Glorious Appearing must be in their wording much weaker than the actual event yet to take place, and to say that it happened almost obscurely, each and every part in 70 A.D. sounds bogus to me. It doesn't line up.

This also comes to mind when reading these things from preterists:

Mat 24:26 "So if they say to you, 'Behold, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out, or, 'Behold, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe them.
    Mat 24:27 "For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

From what I read, this thinking only came about a few hundred years ago. From my passages and other Scriptures I think what is being told us is that it was some "isolated" event, akin to what is described to in the above verses. I just don't buy into this for half a second.

The event will be a worldwide catastrophe, all the tribes mourning for seeing the Sign of the Son of Man coming in glory, not this event in 70 A.D. If this was it, it is weaker than the symbolism to explain it. It doesn't match up. I don't buy into this all of a sudden everything that will happen will be "spiritual" that leaves too much to be explained away "spiritually."

Not buying it.

- Peace

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the 'next' coming that I look for:

....Christ`s, at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have abolished all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all his enemies under his feet. 1 Cor 15:23,24,25

Note at least two things here, He HAS been reigning already, and the Kingdom HAS been already.

[....and I really really don't have time for this now....shouldn't have even logged on]

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Actually, the Bible states that He will rule and reign in Jerusalem for a period of time, taht satan will be bound, at end of that time, After Jesus as messiah fulfills prophecy of a "Golden Age" of Kingdom rule upon earth, check Isaiah/John for that...

After that period of time, satan judged and cast into hell, as well all of those that he was able to persuade to rebel against Messiah at end of this age...

Than comes Great White Throne judgement, tahn new heavens and new earth, TAHT will be the time that you referenced...

At LEAST a 1000.00 years to go for that to happen!

4. preacher4truth

I just don't buy into this already having happened. Not in the least bit.

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Jesus has not already appeared in His second coming. He is coming in the cloud, with a "shout, with the voice of the Arch Angel, and with the Trump of God." This hasn't happened yet, but it sure looks like He could in a moment's notice, according to the scritpures.

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Here is a hilarious video concerning this issue. Absolutely hilarious!

7. preacher4truth

People argue that the rapture won't happen, isn't what is happening, and use two in the field taken, one left, and that the one taken is taken into judgment.

Look at Noah, he was taken up above the earth literally and all the lost were under being destroyed/judged, then he of course settled back upon the Earth.

I tend to think people have a hard time believing this stuff, so when one does it gets "spiritualized" which is much easier to accept, and much more anemic.

The JW's also affirmed with their false prediction that He only came "spiritually."

He's coming back in the same manner they SAW Him go. No one will miss it and no one will have to guess whether or not it happened.

- Peace