1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did the RCC ever change Trent as pegards to Protestants NOT getting saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DaChaser1, Feb 20, 2012.

1. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

God grants the saving faith by his own intiative, NOT mediated through the RCC!

church again of Gos is the Body of Christ, those who have been saved, NOT the RCC, or any other earth bound/based organization!

Eraly church was NOT what we call today as the RCC, that which is called RCC was Apostated of from the groups that taught true Christianity!

The Lord revelaed the doctrines of faith/salvation to the reformers from his word, so even IF RCC was not around, would have still had that restablished in church!

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We are just going to have to agree to disagree. The Early Church is indeed the current day Catholic Church and it has always been true Christianity.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

>God grants the saving faith by his own intiative, NOT mediated through the RCC!

You REALLY believe that? Or does the person first have to accept an offer of salvation?

4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The more I study the Early Church, the clearer it gets that it was the Catholic Church. The evidence is overwhelming.

5. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

So you would hold that an Apostate christian faith, that denies the cardinal truths of salvation would be the true church on christ on earth?

6. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

God has to enable the person before they can accept the person and work of Christ, as we are born spiritual blinded to pacing faith in jesus ina saving fashion!

7. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Some baptists claim the Apsotolic church was first baptist church!

Again, jesus true church NOT one teaching a false Gospel!

8. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, because - news flash - it isn't apostate

9. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I don't see how anyone can read the New Testament and conclude that these churches had any of the characteristics of what would evolve into the hierarchical, superstition-laden, political and spiritual amalgamation known as the RCC.

There is evidence for a "catholic" church, but not the Roman Catholic Church.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you need to use words like apostate to describe Catholics JF? Really! As a side note, the RCC is the largest growing Church today in the USA. Coming to a fellow Christian who is also Catholic with those type of words will only turn them off & then you will never achieve a meaningful dialog with them.

11. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I agree. I think they are seriously wrong on some issues, particularly polity and sacraments, but I wouldn't say apostate. The RC's are standing in the gap for traditional morality; we should stand with them. And they do hold to the Apostles and Nicene Creeds, so I don't see how they could be considered apostate.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps it would behoove you to describe in detail just what "true Christianity" is TH & then fit it to the tenants & doctrines of the RCC. That way you would provoke a dialog that could debate your claims.

After 32 years of operating under that organization, I believe I have some knowledge of the doctrines & would love to debate their charter.

13. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Apostle paul had no trouble using that term to describe those who had come into early Church like wolves and spread false teaching, as per Jude/peter, even denying the Lord that gave his life to save us!

again, the RCC itself as an organization is indeed Apostate, as deny the true Gospel of Christ... extra biblical sources/apostolic succession etc..

more mormon than NT!

individuals catholics can and are saved there, its due to the election and grca eof God, in spite of false teachings!

IF saved by God, come ye out and be seperate from among them!