1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Trump demonstrate ability to 'forgive?'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jul 22, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When he named Gov. Pence to be his veep, he demonstrated forgiveness for snubbing him with an endorsement in Indiana! By inviting both Rubio and Cruz to speak, he demonstrated the ability to rise above the dirty politics that made this an ugly primary season.

This tells me a lot about the man. And it did impress me. Maybe Cruz could learn from Trump, what Christian forgiveness is all about? Just sayin'!

2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump did not have a choice about Cruz speaking because he had won enough states. If Cruz had really wanted to be the petty all the Trump supporters think he is, he could have had his name included in the nomination and had 3 speaking spots given to him and his supporters. Instead he declined to have his name considered for the nomination, giving up 3 spots and just took his one that was his right. Trump and his party are the ones that come off looking like petty people with their booing of Cruz for telling people to vote their conscience and for Freedom and the Constitution. Talk about over playing their hand and showing that the Trump Party cares nothing for conscience or Freedom or the Constitution. Of course I expected nothing more of Trump.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk