1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Difference Between Pre and Post Law

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by saturneptune, Jun 11, 2012.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

By lost I mean lost. Let me point you to Romans 2:12-16

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "doeth the truth" - a present participle (one who practices the truth) which IMO no unregenerate human being is able to do.

Here (again IMO) is where "doing the truth" begins:

Luke 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.​

He acknowledged the truth with no excuses.
    He pleaded for mercy.​

That is what "doing-practicing the truth" (responding positively to the reproval/conviction of the Holy Spirit) is all about.​

Responding positively to the reproval of the Holy Spirit is "doing (or practicing) the truth".

The pharisee on the other hand denied the truth by trying to convince God that he was not that bad.

So, yes in my estimation the penitent man had all ready been regenerated by this moment in time and his prayer.​

One second, one minute, one hour, one day, week, month, year before, I don't know.​

Admitedly the longer the time of regeneration before the prayer of conviction of sin the more problematic (at least for us) the situation becomes in terms of salvation and the rebirth.​

HankD​

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    good works, doing the law will NOT save ANY!

ONLY basis for being justified is by atonement of christ on the Cross, as he kept perfectly that which we can not, the law of God!

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose by 'save' you mean regenerate, i.e., obtain eternal life.

Have you ever pondered WHY Christ would answer these questions thus?:

18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
    19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, even God.
    20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother. Lu 18

25 And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and made trial of him, saying, Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?26 And he said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
    27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.
    28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. Lu 10

Or why Paul would make such a statement as this?:

.....the doers of the law shall be justified Ro 2:13

#24 kyredneck, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was why jesus died on our behalf, as NONE could EVER keep the law as intended to by God, as we were ALL sinners, and weak to be able to fulfill it!

Christ kept it perfectly in our stead, and faith in Him is when the Father freely justifies us due to his obedience!

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the answer is no, you've never pondered the questions, you have no real answer, only a knee jerk renunciation with no scripture (as usual) and no remedy or solution for the contradiction of scripture you've implied. You just upchuck.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ONLY jesus EVER kept the law as god required it to be kept in order to be able to be justifed by it!

And Even IF one could keep and obey the Law fully, impossible since we are sinners, than that would justify us for sins going forward, but we STILL would be found guity of having the Lord imputing sin of Adam unto us, we would NEVER be able to pay off that debt!

9. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Question? Have you ever tried ex-lax? That's a remedy!

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have thought about getting justifed before God by keeping the law, or be being obedient to Him, but whever I think one could be...

just sinned, thinking could do that!

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....is not the same as 'doing by nature' the things of the law.

The Samaritan acted out of compassion, by nature of his heart, to help him who had fallen to the robbers. The priest and the Levite went to the other side of the road and walked on by.

13 for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified:
    14 (for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves;
    15 in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing them); Ro 2

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still no good, as sinners, we needed an atonement for all sins done, and to cancel out debt to God of our sin natures!

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More knee jerk renunciation from you with no scripture.

I assure you those with the law written in their hearts have been atoned for:

And she shall bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name JESUS; for it is he that shall save his people from their sins. Mt 1:21

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The law is written on the new hearts that come to us once born again!

That happens when we place faith in jesus!

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist