1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Different Baptist Groups

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Hawaiiski, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Hawaiiski

Hawaiiski New Member

Does anyone know of any links which provide info. on what varying Baptists (e.g. Free-Will, Missionary, Hardshell, etc.) believe, especially main differences which distinguish them from other Baptists?

2. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

I guess the first thing you could look at is the denominational sites sticky note on the history forum, toward the top. As for a comparison chart, I'm not sure of where to find one.

David

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a pretty difficult thing to find, considering the number of Baptist denominations there are right now.
    I guess what you will have to do is to look up each one of them and that' ll take a while.
    Personally, and I realize not many will agree with me on this one, I think that Baptists are pretty much divided on the question of Election and Free Will, so I will probably start with that. Maybe find out the percentage of mainline Baptists versus non-mainline Baptists who hold to one doctrine or the other.
    Then there would be the matter of when to worship, considering there are now 7th-day Baptists, although I would suppose these are few.
    Paedo-baptism will also be a minor issue because I think 98% of Baptists stil hold to the view of Believer's Baptism.
    Another major difference would probably be on the matter of tithing and musical preferences.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This LINK may help you

Salty

6. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian