1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DIFFERENT BIBLE VERSIONS.

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by GM, Oct 24, 2003.

1. GM

GM Guest

( My Apologies and no disresprat or harshness intended.)

SINCE MY PAGES ON THIS WEBSITE WERE CLEAR, WITH FACTS AND PROOF AND TO THE POINT, But yet Cut off because people couldn't handle the truth.( And deep inside you know that to be true.) I would like to thank you all very much for showing how you really feel toward Gods Truth -KJV. My opinion is, that most on this website could have Act more like a Adult with the topic. " Different Translations of the BIble. ( Whats you're opinion.?) " instead of getting out of hand and acting like spoiled brats when not getting their way. ( I know the truth hurts, but I want to Thank Most of you for making my reward in heaven greater. Maybe this wasn't even thought of But, Most of you have made sure that my post pages were taken off By you're childish behaviour. Thank you so much. and Pastor Bob, I Thank you & Most people here so much for you're unchrisitan act. If ANYONE is a TRUE Christian they should UPHOLD THE NAME ("CHRIST"IAN) and STAND STRONG, and be TRUE to God and His Holy and Preserved Word-KJV. You good people are not lost, just deceived. and It sugguest that you research the bible versions and find the truth you're selves.
    God Bless my Brothers and Sisters in Christ. GM

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Somebody bring the hotdogs. The martyr's fire is heating up and it's dinner time. [​IMG] [​IMG]

The audacity of suggesting that people who know the truth haven't studied ... and then saying that we made his reward in heaven greater ... This is good stuff to end a week with. [​IMG]

3. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I personally took some of your "truth" and proved it false with hard facts. Feel free to respond anytime you wish if you can show that my facts are not in order.

If you didn't take my rebuttals and attempt to prove them true or false then it is you who can't handle the truth.
    How so? By ignoring facts and accepting what KJVO's say in blind faith? The KJV tells us to prove all things and hold to that which is true- this is a mark of maturity. Denying reality when it disagrees with your preconclusions is a mark of both pride and immaturity.
    This is known as the victim syndrome albeit with a twist. Deny responsibility. Blame the results of personal actions on others. And now, claim a reward in heaven because of it(?).
    Maybe pride blinds some people to the point where they cannot see their own flaws, mistakes, childishness, etc. and causes them to reject rightful authority.
    I don't always agree with Pastor Bob but if you are going to accuse someone of acting unchristian, there should be some substance to the charge... but maybe read Galatians 6 first.
    Can you please cite the passage where the KJV or any other version says that "TRUE Christian(s)" will be true to the error of KJVOnlyism?
    I am afraid it is you who is deceived. Most of us have researched this issue. We know that the KJV is a great translation... but only a translation.

We know that KJVO beliefs such as yours are a 20th century aberration to historic, fundamental, orthodox doctrine on the Bible. We know that the KJV contains some minor errors or flaws just like any other effort of men... but these do not effect doctrine, nor do the flaws and errors of faithful MV's effect doctrine. The charge that MV's pervert doctrine is a lie conjured up in the imaginations of false teachers such as Riplinger, Ruckman, Gipp, Marres, etc.

I hope the moderators will not delete GM's comments. They do as much harm to his position as anything anyone else could say.

4. mioque

mioque New Member

GM
    Quoting some of your staments from your previous thread:
    "Proof & Facts
    The" NASB,YTL,NIV,NKJV,RSV,NRSV,NWT, DARBY,WESCOTT &
    HORT, "ETC", are " satans novels" because words were taken away and added when Godsaid in...."
    That's nice, I ofcourse don't use any of these. I'm one of the few Baptist Board members that isn't a native English speaker. My language is DUTCH. A large number of the folks in my church have no skill whatsoever in any other tongue. So naturally we don't use the NIV, or the KJV for that matter.

And especially.
    "I have researched the (KJV) and found that the KJV IS the Only True Bible on the face of this earth, I know God has his Word Preserved in The KJV, "
    I'm not an only myself, but we do have them on this side of the pond. Dutch Authorized Version onlies so to speak. They believe that the only good translation of the Bible into Dutch is the Statenvertaling of 1637.
    You probably don't read Dutch. So I compared the list of flaws you mentioned in your first post to that bible. By your standards there now seem to be 2 True Bibles on the face of this earth. Because it past with flying colours. [​IMG]

5. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do not allow anyone to call an English Translation of God's Word "Satan's Bible". Nor call such users "unsaved". Or a "cult".

GM, you have been warned and I promise to zap your posts and suspend your privileges of posting if you continue.

Ask anybody. I'm not a nice guy on this issue. :mad:

7. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, we've noticed. Since GM disagrees with you, he is highly censored, while you continue use Christlike terms like "KJVO, an evil and divisive group" and "KJVonly crappola." (Quotes from another thread) This is real scholarship and open, honest discussion. BTW, I am not KJVO. Just like to see fairness in these discussions.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

There is fairness galore on this issue, far more than maybe is deserved. But the foolishness has no place on a board where we're supposed to be Christians.

Keep up the good work, Dr. Bob. Defend the truth of God's Word! [​IMG]

9. GM

GM Guest

Hello everyone its me GM. The one who is being persecuted. [​IMG] .

Dr. Bob, your not being far to someone that is being TRUE to God by Standing only with his Word and promises.

I did NOT call Gods Word "Satans Novals"... I called those other bibles " Satans Novels" because they added and took away when God said NOT to in Revelation 22:18-19.
    Revelation 22: 18 & 19, -18. For I testify unto that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add the plagues that are written in this book: " 19. And if any man shall take away from the words of this book of this prophecy. God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things that are written in this book.

If you and most here would take the time to read my post instead of racing through them and making it look like I said something totally different, you all would see the (Truth, Proof and Facts.)

I am a child of The Almighty God, and I don't like to see His word messed with in any way. It is Preserved in the KJV.

This below verse, please keep in mind it was written 392 years ago.and Still Stands Strong Today.

Dr. Bob & Most, if you wish to be angry and vote that my post be dismissed, then take a minute and think about who's side you're really on. If Most here wish to make me look like the enemy, then it would be wise to think of who the enemy really is. and who is being Brainwashed & Deceived.

If you kind people wish to disobey JESUS, by going to bibles that Added and Took Away when JESUS FATHER SAID NOT TO. Then that is up to you. I wash my hands of it.

I NEVER came here to start a fight, ONLY give Information that has Total Facts and Proof and to show everyone here how sly satan is by those other bibles. how deceiving satan can be. But looks like I'm alone on this website on this matter, and Dr.Bob & Most. Do you know how christians sleep with the devil?.. By walking away from Gods Truth, they are Committing Adultery on JESUS by walking away from Gods Truth found in the KJV,hanging with unsaved people, doing thing of this world, A few Questions for Everyone.Wheres you're heart when you go to church? Is it on, wanting to look better then others? is it on, how much money in the collection tray? Is it on, gossiping? Is it on,hurting someone? Is iton, Thinking of a game and not paying attention to the preacher?... How many times have you heard a Preacher prech on Hell Or Salvation this year . How many times have you been convicted if you're reading another bible? Be Truthful. Gods Truth is Found in the KJV. EVERYTHING In the KJV has been coming TRUE ever since Day 1. and thats Fact [not] fiction. ( I KNOW that this Post will anger people, But thats NOT the reason why I'm posting it. The reason why I'm posting it is because I LOVE YOU ALL. and I Don't want to see JESUS in Heaven one day Pointing His finger at you and BALLING you out for HIS Truth that you have been told about and didn't stand by.)

{{ When you find a Church that,}}

1. DOESN'T look at how you dress.

2.DOESN'T care how much money is in the collection Tray.

3. Preachers Preaching on , LOVE, HELL & SALVATION, KINDNESS, & walking ing in Jesus ways and NOT you're Own.

4. Doing for others before you do for you're self.

5. Witnessing to unsaved sinners about Jesus and His Blessed Gift for Everyone.

6.Not Gossiping.

7. Obeying the 10 Commandments and Staying True to God and His Preserved Word.

8. Men preachers Only. Read 1 Corinthians 14:33-34.

Then you dear friends, you know you found a GOOD God Filled Church.

Let me ask you all something.

If a preacher was preaching One Sunday from a King James Version Holy Bible,and 5 people were there with there, NASB,NIV,NKJV,RSV,YTL Bibles,
    There would be Confusion.

What did God say In 1 Corinthians 14:33? He said In

1 Corthians 14:33, For God is not the the Author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

God Bless My Brothers and Sisters in Christ,GM

* @ ^@^ @ *
    *@*^@^*^\^*^@^*@*
    ^@^*\*@*/*@*/*^@^
    *\*@*|@^\^@|*@*/*
    ^\_^\_\_\//_/_/^
    ^\_^\_\\/_/^
    ^\_\\/_/^
    /|\ Roses..
    ____________________________________________________________________________

10. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, Persecuted. Amazing how debate becomes persecution to those on the side with no viable argument.

No confusion here. I, for most of my life, have used a different version than the pastor, and it has not created confusion; it fostered analysis and contemplation.

This is obviously something foreign to someone who would declare modern translations of the word of God to be "Satan's novels."

11. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

That's scarey, God's gonna ball me out because I don't have the intellectual capacity or training to understand the old English of KJV? Then I have no recourse but to appeal to God's mercy, because I won't use a Bible I can't understand without another book (ie. dictionary) to translate.

12. GM

GM Guest

Dr.Bob,
    You said and I qoute:

"GM, you have been warned and I promise to zap your posts and suspend your privileges of posting if you continue.
    "

I HAVE DONE [NOTHING] WRONG. I have gave Proof and Facts about The King James Version Holy Bible and other bibles. and Most people here are fighting me because of it. Thats find with me.

Just remember what JESUS said in
    Matthew 5:11, Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsey, for my name sake.

To my Brothers and Sisters in Christ that are True to the KJV. Advice: Step out of satans trap B4 he slides his way into you life.

God Bless My Brothers and Sisters in Christ,GM

13. GM

GM Guest

GOD HAVE MERCY ON MOST OF YOU PEOPLE.

14. GM

GM Guest

Yes Dr.Bob,
    Dismiss my entry on this website.

You people are lost and wish to be willing ignorant to Gods Truth.

I LOVE You all and will Pray Deeply for each of you that are Wiling Ignorant to Gods Preserved Word-KJV BOLD ITALICS .

15. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

No confusion here. I, for most of my life, have used a different version than the pastor, and it has not created confusion; it fostered analysis and contemplation.

This is obviously something foreign to someone who would declare modern translations of the word of God to be "Satan's novels."
    </font>[/QUOTE]Quit kidding yourself rsr. When you were in school, did you use a book different from the teacher? No, their words read exactly like what you had in your book. Why, so you could read with the teacher and not be confused.

16. Priscilla Ann

Priscilla Ann Member

Hello!

I've only been Baptist for six years, so all of this discussion about "KJV only" is still a bit new to me. Personally, I came to the point of repentance and faith in Jesus while reading an NIV bible. Since my conversion, the NIV is still my preferred version; however, I have other versions and frequently refer to the King James as well as the NKJV, NASB and ESV. Reading a passage in several versions has enabled me to better understand what I read.

One point that seems significant to me is that the King James Version did not even exist for the first 1600 years of Christianity, and yet the faith continued to grow. The King James is just one of many translations; and while the language is beautiful, it is not the most easily understood style of writing, especially to someone new to the faith.

Priscilla Ann

17. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If by "unchristian act" you are referring to my closing the thread that, in my opinion got out of hand, then I guess I am guilty.

When the Webmaster entrusted me with the position and responsibilities of Moderator, I agreed to uphold the rules of the Baptist Board.

The closing of the thread had nothing to do with your posts. It was closed because personal attacks on other BB members were being posted.

As far as researching the subject, I have spent hundreds of hours researching the subject and do believe that I have found the truth.

You may want to do a little searching and see exactly where I stand on the issue. You just may be surprised.

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I appreciate your prayers, GM. You will have time to pray because you will not be allowed to post on the BaptistBoard.

Play the martyr, but we all see through it.

Good bye (thread closed) [​IMG]