1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Different Rewards In Heaven

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Old Union Brother, Feb 28, 2011.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where does Scripture say we all receive the same reward? Don't you recall the parable of the 10 minas?
    That is comparing myself to others...which is also a sin. Same difference.
    This violates the law of continuity. If there are differing degrees of Hell, why would there not be differing levels in Heaven?
    To answer the question...I don't know, that is up to God to decide when I get there. I am called to be obedient and imitate Christ.

2. Ron Wood

Ron Wood New Member

Everywhere. It is the teaching of the whole of the Scriptures.
    Not sure which one you are reffering to could you give the reference? The word minas isn't a familiar one in the Greek and I prefer the KJV. So I am sure I am familiar with the parable but not as you name it.
    Explain how comparing myself to others is a sin. If other's good works expose my lack of them and humbles and shames me how is that a sin?
    I am not familiar with the law of continuity. Did you just make that up? I am familiar with the law of noncontradiction though and differing degrees of punishment doesn't contradict no degrees of rewards. One is the just wage of rebellion the other the riches of grace.
    See my last statement.
    So you think you have done something that deserves a reward from God then.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, we must not be reading the same Bible, or you are seeing something that is not there.
    Luke 19
    Christ is to be our measuring rod...not other finite humans.
    No, I did not make it up...Gestalt did, but I actually meant law of consistency.
    No idea how you got that from my answer, but in order to store up treasure in Heaven, wouldn't we have some king of understanding how that is done?

4. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

deleted post due to what I said in post 19

#24 Old Union Brother, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011