1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Different Versions of The Bible. ( Whats you're Opinion?)

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by GM, Oct 20, 2003.

1. GM

GM Guest

Now, Please don't get me wrong,I'm [not] here to beat anyone down, or be rude,hateful or disrespectful, But Because I LOVE each of you. but I'm here only to speak out as a Christian should against things like this.

I have researched to see what bible is the True Word of God and I have found to be 100% Fact that the KJV IS The True Word of God. Please take a few minutes and see why. ( Thank you.)

New Word Translation- John 3:15, that everyone believing in him may have everlasting life.
    King James Version- [Written in the color red]. John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    New World Translation took away the words..." should not perish". these 3 words are important to this bible scripture. & the Whole Biblical Verse is "John 3:15" is what Jesus said. So the New World Translation HAS taken away from what Jesus Said in this verse.
    King James Version- [Written in the color red], Luke 21:8, And he said, Take heed that ye not be deceived: for many shall come in my name saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
    What's different in these verse's?...[ A Whole Lot]... First off The New World Translation has taken the name "Christ" OUT and added the word "he".. The Name, "Christ" is a VERY SPECIAL Name and can ONLY fit One, The Name Christ means, "The Anointed One" Jesus Christ was and STILL IS The Anointed One. The Word "he" that is written in "The New World Translation" in Luke 21:8, can mean, Anyone.
    New World Translation Psalms 23:1, Jehovah is my Shepherd I shall lack nothing..2, In grassy pastures he makes me lie down. By well - watered resting places he conducts me.3.my soul he refreshes. 4, He leads me in the tracks of righteousness for his name sake. Even though I walk in the valley of deep shadows, I fear nothing bad, For you are with me; Your rod and your staff are the things that comfort me. 5, You arrange a before me a table in front of those showing hostility to me. With oil you have greased my head. My cup is well filled.6, Surely goodness and loving kindness themselves will pursue me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of Jehovah to the length of days.
    King James Version Holy Bible- Psalms 23:1. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.2, He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.3, He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.4, Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.5, Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.6, Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
    NWT had Took away the words- "The Lord" Meaning Master, The Great King, Jesus Christ. and added "Jehovah" Meaning: The God of Creation. The name Jehovah is the name of God in Heaven, [God The Father]. The word "Lord" is mentioned in KJV is addressed to Jesus Christ,"The Messiah", [God The Son], The Saviour. / The NWT has taken away the words, " of death" Out and added the words "deep shadows", The Word, "deep" Means: Going far below a surface, low in voice or sound. the word,"shadows" Means:An area from which light is blocked. And the NWT used a, (s) at the end of the word "shandow, that means "more then 1". The NWT has also added the word, "hostility" That word Means:A very deep seated opposition or hatred war. KJV uses the word Shadow, "1(s)", Meaning: 1 shadow, An area from which light is blocked; a shaded area. KJV also uses the word, "death" that NWT has Taken Out, the Word,"death", Means: Dead, No Longer Alive on earth. NWT has taken away the word "evil" and added the word, "bad". Means: Naughty or spoiled. KJV has the word, "evil", and that word Means: marked by misfortune or distress; low in public esteem. The NWT has taken away the word, "restoreth" from the KJV, and added the word, "refreshes". The word "refreshes", Means: To freshen something again. The KJV uses the word "restoreth" and that word Means:To bring back to a former conditoion. Two Different Word & Two Different Meanings. The NWT in the verse 5 The word, "greased" was added, that word Means: Melted or soft animal fat; any thick fatty or oily substance, lubrication. The Word "anointed" that is mentioned in KJV Means: To apply oil in a religious ceremony.Big Difference between the two words. last but NOT least, The NWT has taken the word, "forever" OUT and added the word " length", The word "length" Means: The measurements of something to estimate distance. In the KJV The Word "forever", Means: for eternity.
    This is just a [Small] example of how The New World Translation, "NWT" Better known as, " The Jehovah Witness Bible". has corrupt verses and has added and taken away from [Gods Preserved Word-KJV].
    Remember what God said in His Preserved Word: KJV-Revelation 22: 18 & 19, -18. For I testify unto that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add the plagues that are written in this book: " 19. And if any man shall take away from the words of this book of this prophecy. God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things that are written in this book.
    Also the Jehovah Witness seem to be good people and do for others, As MOST Christians in American should be doing, but are [not]. I have met a few of them, "Jehovah Witness" before in my life. They as Most Christians [should] do, Knock on peoples doors and give them ," Jehovah Witness Tracts", But that's just one of there ways to get the person to start believing in their, "Jehovah Witness" ways. And no offence, but No Jehovah Witness can tell me different because I have seen how they work. Their good people but they are sly. {Jesus said} In Luke 16:23 & 24, And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments,and seeth Abraham afar off, and Laz'-a-rus in his bosom. 24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Laz'-a-rus , that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue: for I am tormented in this flame.
    Meaning: "the rich man" In, Luke 16, after death his soul went to a place of "torments & flame",[Hell]. as is mentioned in the beginning of Luke 16.
    Jehovah Witness Teach that hell,"Sheol", "hell", is just a grave, In The New Compact Bible Dictionary the word,"Sheol" Means: The reference is to the souls of good men. Now ANY man or woman can be good, But being good [DOESN'T] mean a person will go to heaven, a person can be, " The Worlds Top Kindest Man Or Woman That Ever Lived" & [STILL] can after death go to Hell. it TAKES {Salvation}, Meaning:[Receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.] - {Believing in Him, Having Faith and Walking in Jesus ways and no longer ones own.}. Here's a very small part from NWT Luke 16:23, " And in Ha'des he lifted up his eyes, in existing in torment,". -- Now, lets research the word "Ha'des", The Word "Ha'des" Means: the place or state of the dead, which is variously rendered "grave" or " hell pit"., -Now think of this, When One dies, What happens? .... Someone digs a "Deep Hole" in the ground and the body is placed in the Deep Hole ,IN the ground, The Word, " Deep Hole" Means:{Deep} Going far below the surface. {Hole} opening in a solid mass . The Word {Hell} that is Mentioned by Jesus Christ in KJV Means: The abode of the dead souls condemed to eternal punishment, a place of evil, torment, or distruction. . NWT says that hell is just a "grave" When Jesus Christ in KJV said,"hell", Hell is a WAY! MUCH! {WORSE} place then a grave. Jehovah Witness mean well, but are misled by false teachings, and are leading others with them on the road of unrighteousness, Since they teach that hell is a grave, then they are calling Jesus Christ a LIAR. Because Jesus Christ was specific about hell. Here's the Proof. In Matthew 18:8-9, Wherefore if any hand or any foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. 9, And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be casted into hell fire.
    And if they or anyone calls Jesus Christ a Liar, then they are anti-chirst,
    Jehovah Witness are good people but are lead down the Wrong Path By Unbiblical Teachings & Refuse to believe other wise. But Yet, go door to door trying to get others to believe in their, [false teachings]. Please Everyone, Remember, They might have the name of {{Jehovah}} But they are also using that ((Wonderful Name)), Knowingly/Unknowingly for unbiblical and ungodly purposes. So be aware of the , " Jehovah Witness".
    Thanks for taking the time that God has given you to read this. Sister B.C
    ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    NIV UK- Matthew 24:7-8-9-18
    7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.8 All these are the beginning of birth-pains. 9 Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,18 Let no-one in the field go back to get his cloak.

NIV UK Matthew 26:64, Yes, it is as you say, Jesus replied. But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.
    Please research if you don't believe me, God Bless my Brothers and Sisters in Christ. GM

Proof & Facts that the "NIV" is [NOT] The True Word of God.
    NIV-Matthew 6:13. And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from the evil one.
    Matthew 6:13 says,And lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom,and the power, and the glory forever.A-men.
    NIV-Luke 12:31.
    But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
    Luke 12:31
    But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

NIV-Mark 13:33. Be on guard! Be alert ! You do not know when that time will come.
    King James Version, Written in the color red. Mark13:33, Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is._____________________________________________________
    Prayer and Fastings has been OMITTED from the NIV.
    But you [CAN] find it in the King James Version,
    Matthew 17:21 Written in the color red. (KJV-Matthew 17:21,Howbit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
    Matthew 17:21 Written in the color red. (KJV-Matthew 17:21,Howbit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Jesus' Teaching on Prayer

1One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples."
    2He said to them, "When you pray, say:
    " 'Father,hallowed be your name, your kingdom come.
    3Give us each day our daily bread. 4Forgive us our sins,
    for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
    And lead us not into temptation
    Luke 11:2, And he said unto them, When ye pray,say, Our Father which art in heaven,Hallowed be the name. Thy kingdom come.Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.3. Give us day by day our daily bread.4. nd forgive us our sins for we also forgive everyone that is indebeted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

The NIV has taken God out of this verse. And made Jesus say ask a totally different question in Matthew Chapter 19 verse[17]
    NIV-Matthew 19:17,"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."
    Matthew19:17,
    And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

The NIV has OMITTED Matthew 23:14.
    King James Version Matthew 23:14, Woe unto you, scribs and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour windows houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
    Look at the change in this Scripture. The have OMITTED the name "Christ" and added the word "him". Since they have tooken out Christ and added "him". Makes me wonder Are they addressing satan in their bible as their god? Read below.
    NIV-Philippians 4:13,I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
    King James Version ,Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
    There are many other verses in the NIV that have left out MANY things about God, The Authors & Translators of the NIV have Changed Jesus Word around to suit their own wants and needs. And another fact, one of the Editors of the NIV is Lesbian, and the gay lifestyles go AGAINST God according to His Word, [KJV-Romans 1,26: For this cause God gave them up to vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature. ] The above Scriptures are PROOF . And I'm asking Everyone that reads this to please focus on & Keep with [Gods Preserved Word-KJV] Because going to the NIV& Ect, will ONLY lead you to satans croud and his ways.

I thank you for reading this far. God Bless My Brothers and Sisters in Christ, GM

When God said in His Preserved Word-KJV. Not to add or take away, The New King James Version.."NKJV", DID.
    (1).NKJV-Psalm 56:12 I am under vows to you, O God;
    I will present my thank offerings to you.
    KJV- Psalm 56:12, Thy vows are upon me,O God: I will render praises unto thee.

Difference between New King James Version & Authorized King James Version.
    NKJV Says " thank offerings" ... KJV Says, "render praises".
    Thank Offerings,Mean: [ Thank: to express one's gratitude. Offering:The act of one who offers; a contribution, as money, given to a support of a church.]- [ KJV- "render praises" Means:,[ Praising God with Joyful Words & Showing that you Appreciate HIM for what HE has done for others & you.]
    (2). NKJV-Matthew 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it _____________________________________________________________________
    Written In the color red. KJV- Matthew 7:14, Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way,which leadeth into life, and few there be that find it.
    _____________________________________________________________________Difference between New King James Version & Authorized King James Version.[NKJV the word "small" Means: Little in Size. the word "road" Means: A public highway used for Vehicles.]---- [ KJV, the word "striat" Means: Without bend, or curves, upright. Thw word "way" Means: a direction.]_____________________________________________________________________
    (3)NKJV-Psalm 37:20, But the wicked will perish:
    The LORD's enemies will be like the beauty of the fields,
    they will vanish-vanish like smoke.
    KJV- Psalm 37:20, But the wicked shall perish, and the ememies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume away _____________________________________________________________________
    [NKJV- above has, "the beauty of the fields". The word "beauty" Means:pleasing to the eye. the word "feilds", Mean: A peace of land with few or no trees. The word "vanish", Means: to disappear suddenly; to drop out of sight.] -- [ KJV- Psalm 37:20 has the words "fat of the lambs".. the word "fat" Means: having superfluous flesh or fat; obese; plump; containing much fat or oil, the word "lamb", Means: A young sheep, . The word, "consume", Means to eat or drink to distroy completely.]
    (4). NKJV- Job 39:13,
    "The wings of the ostrich flap joyfully,
    but they cannot compare with the pinions and feathers of the stork.

KJV- Job 39:13,Gavest thou the goodly wings unto the peacock? or wings and feathers unto the ostrich?
    NKJV Job 39: 13, Mentions in the begining of this verse. The words." the wings of the ostrich flap joyfully," | Ostrich Means: common name for a large flightless bird, this bird is about 8 ft) and a weight of up to(300 lb). NKJV Mentions a "stork".Description: [40-44" (1-1.1 m). W. 5'6" (1.7 m). White with black flight feathers and tail. Head and neck bare, dark gray. Bill long, stout, and slightly curved] In the KJV it mentions a "Peacock", A male peafowl, distinguished by its crested head, brilliant blue or green plumage, and long modified back feathers that are marked with iridescent eyelike spots and that can be spread in a fanlike form. And stands Approximately 6 feet.] Mighty Big Difference between a Pecock & Ostrich.

(5). NKJV- 2 Samuel 14:14, Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him.

KJV-2 Samuel 14:14, For we must needs die, and are as water spilt on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again; neither doth God respect any person: yet doth he devise means, that his banished be not expelled from him.
    Look Above, The NKJV OMITTED,"took away",... " For we must needs die," and they added. " But God does not take away life;" Took away the words, " Neither doth God respect any person.]

According to a Book that G.A.Riplinger Wrote."New Age Bible Versions". The " word below have been "LEFT OUT" numerous times.

And I have researched Different Bibles,"NKJV,NIV, YTL, Mormen Bible,"Etc. And found many difference's. And Sister Riplinger is 100% Correct, on her book. [Other then the King James Version Holy Bible, The book By: G.A. Riplinger "New Age Bible Version" I HIGHLY Recommend to Anyone.

Words that were LEFT OUT of [The New King James Version, .."NKJV".]
    The Word- Blood is left out 23 times.
    The Word- Hell is left out 22 times.
    The Word- repent is left out 44 times.
    The Word- God is left out51 times.
    The Word- Heaven is left out 50 times.

Thank you for the Time that Father God has given you to read this. God Bless GM

KJV- Matthew 24:7-8, For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
    8. All these are the beginning of sorrows.
    NASB says."Birth pangs" The word "Birth " Means: the moment of extraction of an offspring from the womb. The word "pangs" Means:The unpleasent feeling to the flesh.-- KJV says, "begining of sorrows" The Word "sorrows"Means: Anguish, mental sufferings, an expression of greif.

NSAB-Matthew 15:4, "For God said,"..........
    (KJV), Matthew 15:4, "For God Comanded".......
    In these two verses, NSAB says, "said" meaning: God said something. KJV says" comanded" meaning: God gave orders and we "Christians" are to follow them. Two DIFFERENT meanings.

NIV UK- Col 3:6, Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.
    (KJV) Col 3:6, For which things' sake the wrath of God is coming on the children of disobenience.
    NIV UK- "took away "-- "sake" & "on the children of disobenience."- KJV The word "disobenience", Means: Not listening,(Or) "obeying" to God & His Word or Parents.
    NASB -Col 3:6, For it is because of these things that (1) the wrath of God will come upon the sons of disobedience,
    NASB says, "sons". meaning: A male child of a man and woamn./ .... KJV says, "children". Meaning: A young people of either sex. BIG DIFFERENCE
    These are a few examples of how people can twist Gods Preserved Word -KJV into a Lie.( Romans 1:25, Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more then the Creator , who is blessed forever. A-men'.
    NASB-Matthew 24:29-30,"But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
    30. "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.
    (KJV) Matthew 24:29-30, Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
    30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

NASB Matthew 24:29-30, in both the verses"NASB" had taken away the word "heaven" and added the word,"sky".
    Fact #1.,. God, "The Creator", had Preserved HIS Holy Truth in the KJV, and His Truth KJV STANDS ALONE as Jesus Stood Alone over 2,000 Years Ago.
    Fact #2. The Original, Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls were being Translated in the Year 1604 and Authorized & Published in the Year 1611. Every thing in the Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls & KJV has been coming to pass, Meaning: coming TRUE Ever Since Day1.
    Fact #3. This Scripture and the one below is Extream Fact & Truth that The other bibles are a counterfeit & The Took away & added from [Gods Preserved Word -KJV] And in the below Scripture "Revelation 22/:18-19 it is written clearly that no one is to take away or add to the words of the Prophecy of this book, What book? Original, Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls and KJV, Its Awesome to me that. If you think about it, KJV Is a book, but 66 books in 1. So that means (The Whole Book).No one is to add or take away. But the other bibles DID.( KJV-Romans 1:25, Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more then the Creator , who is blessed forever. A-men'. )
    Revelation 22: 18 & 19, -18. For I testify unto that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add the plagues that are written in this book: " 19. And if any man shall take away from the words of this book of this prophecy. God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things that are written in this book. )
    New Word Translation- John 3:15, that everyone believing in him may have everlasting life.
    King James Version- [Written in the color red]. John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    New World Translation took away the words..." should not perish". these 3 words are important to this bible scripture. & the Whole Biblical Verse is "John 3:15" is what Jesus said. So the New World Translation HAS taken away from what Jesus Said in this verse.
    King James Version- [Written in the color red], Luke 21:8, And he said, Take heed that ye not be deceived: for many shall come in my name saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
    What's different in these verse's?...[ A Whole Lot]... First off The New World Translation has taken the name "Christ" OUT and added the word "he".. The Name, "Christ" is a VERY SPECIAL Name and can ONLY fit One, The Name Christ means, "The Anointed One" Jesus Christ was and STILL IS The Anointed One. The Word "he" that is written in "The New World Translation" in Luke 21:8, can mean, Anyone.
    New World Translation Psalms 23:1, Jehovah is my Shepherd I shall lack nothing..2, In grassy pastures he makes me lie down. By well - watered resting places he conducts me.3.my soul he refreshes. 4, He leads me in the tracks of righteousness for his name sake. Even though I walk in the valley of deep shadows, I fear nothing bad, For you are with me; Your rod and your staff are the things that comfort me. 5, You arrange a before me a table in front of those showing hostility to me. With oil you have greased my head. My cup is well filled.6, Surely goodness and loving kindness themselves will pursue me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of Jehovah to the length of days.
    King James Version Holy Bible- Psalms 23:1. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.2, He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.3, He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.4, Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.5, Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.6, Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
    NWT had Took away the words- "The Lord" Meaning Master, The Great King, Jesus Christ. and added "Jehovah" Meaning: The God of Creation. The name Jehovah is the name of God in Heaven, [God The Father]. The word "Lord" is mentioned in KJV is addressed to Jesus Christ,"The Messiah", [God The Son], The Saviour. / The NWT has taken away the words, " of death" Out and added the words "deep shadows", The Word, "deep" Means: Going far below a surface, low in voice or sound. the word,"shadows" Means:An area from which light is blocked. And the NWT used a, (s) at the end of the word "shandow, that means "more then 1". The NWT has also added the word, "hostility" That word Means:A very deep seated opposition or hatred war. KJV uses the word Shadow, "1(s)", Meaning: 1 shadow, An area from which light is blocked; a shaded area. KJV also uses the word, "death" that NWT has Taken Out, the Word,"death", Means: Dead, No Longer Alive on earth. NWT has taken away the word "evil" and added the word, "bad". Means: Naughty or spoiled. KJV has the word, "evil", and that word Means: marked by misfortune or distress; low in public esteem. The NWT has taken away the word, "restoreth" from the KJV, and added the word, "refreshes". The word "refreshes", Means: To freshen something again. The KJV uses the word "restoreth" and that word Means:To bring back to a former conditoion. Two Different Word & Two Different Meanings. The NWT in the verse 5 The word, "greased" was added, that word Means: Melted or soft animal fat; any thick fatty or oily substance, lubrication. The Word "anointed" that is mentioned in KJV Means: To apply oil in a religious ceremony.Big Difference between the two words. last but NOT least, The NWT has taken the word, "forever" OUT and added the word " length", The word "length" Means: The measurements of something to estimate distance. In the KJV The Word "forever", Means: for eternity.
    This is just a [Small] example of how The New World Translation, "NWT" Better known as, " The Jehovah Witness Bible". has corrupt verses and has added and taken away from [Gods Preserved Word-KJV].
    Remember what God said in His Preserved Word: KJV-Revelation 22: 18 & 19, -18. For I testify unto that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add the plagues that are written in this book: " 19. And if any man shall take away from the words of this book of this prophecy. God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things that are written in this book.
    Also the Jehovah Witness seem to be good people and do for others, As MOST Christians in American should be doing, but are [not]. I have met a few of them, "Jehovah Witness" before in my life. They as Most Christians [should] do, Knock on peoples doors and give them ," Jehovah Witness Tracts", But that's just one of there ways to get the person to start believing in their, "Jehovah Witness" ways. And no offence, but No Jehovah Witness can tell me different because I have seen how they work. Their good people but they are sly. {Jesus said} In Luke 16:23 & 24, And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments,and seeth Abraham afar off, and Laz'-a-rus in his bosom. 24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Laz'-a-rus , that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue: for I am tormented in this flame.
    Meaning: "the rich man" In, Luke 16, after death his soul went to a place of "torments & flame",[Hell]. as is mentioned in the beginning of Luke 16.
    Jehovah Witness Teach that hell,"Sheol", "hell", is just a grave, In The New Compact Bible Dictionary the word,"Sheol" Means: The reference is to the souls of good men. Now ANY man or woman can be good, But being good [DOESN'T] mean a person will go to heaven, a person can be, " The Worlds Top Kindest Man Or Woman That Ever Lived" & [STILL] can after death go to Hell. it TAKES {Salvation}, Meaning:[Receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.] - {Believing in Him, Having Faith and Walking in Jesus ways and no longer ones own.}. Here's a very small part from NWT Luke 16:23, " And in Ha'des he lifted up his eyes, in existing in torment,". -- Now, lets research the word "Ha'des", The Word "Ha'des" Means: the place or state of the dead, which is variously rendered "grave" or " hell pit"., -Now think of this, When One dies, What happens? .... Someone digs a "Deep Hole" in the ground and the body is placed in the Deep Hole ,IN the ground, The Word, " Deep Hole" Means:{Deep} Going far below the surface. {Hole} opening in a solid mass . The Word {Hell} that is Mentioned by Jesus Christ in KJV Means: The abode of the dead souls condemed to eternal punishment, a place of evil, torment, or distruction. . NWT says that hell is just a "grave" When Jesus Christ in KJV said,"hell", Hell is a WAY! MUCH! {WORSE} place then a grave. Jehovah Witness mean well, but are misled by false teachings, and are leading others with them on the road of unrighteousness, Since they teach that hell is a grave, then they are calling Jesus Christ a LIAR. Because Jesus Christ was specific about hell. Here's the Proof. In Matthew 18:8-9, Wherefore if any hand or any foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. 9, And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be casted into hell fire.
    And if they or anyone calls Jesus Christ a Liar, then they are anti-chirst,
    Jehovah Witness are good people but are lead down the Wrong Path By Unbiblical Teachings & Refuse to believe other wise. But Yet, go door to door trying to get others to believe in their, [false teachings]. Please Everyone, Remember, They might have the name of {{Jehovah}} But they are also using that ((Wonderful Name)), Knowingly/Unknowingly for unbiblical and ungodly purposes. So be aware of the , " Jehovah Witness". They truly believe they are doing right in Gods eyes, but infact they are going against Him with their beliefs.

Thanks for taking the time that God has given you to read this. GM
    They were nice fella's, They even showed me
    the King James Bible and showed me the Mormon bible.
    I explained how their Mormon bible was a false Teaching,
    and gave them the History of the King James Bible.
    I have a tract here on my desk from the Fellowship Tract League, that shows
    "3 Lies that Mormons will tell you." (One they will say that "God was once like us."). Jesus was and STILL is the Only begotten Son of God Almighty and was and STILL is WITHOUT SIN. God said in His Holy and Preserved Word,{ Talking about One of Gods Creation: Human Life.} -- ( Romans 3:23, For all have sined and come short of the glory of God. and in .... Romans 3:10, As it is written, THERE IS NON RIGHTEOUS,NO, NOT ONE: ) These Scriptures are from the King James Bible. these Scriptures were Translated from The Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls in the year 1604 and Authorized and Published in the year 1611, there was a few error's but that was Corrected in 1617.

2ed Lie The Mormon Church Teaches: About the Virgin Birth of Christ
    The Mormon Prophet Brigham Young stated that : "Jesus Christ was not begotten by the Holy Ghost...., but was begotten in the same flesh by the same character that was in the garden of eden" )

-- ( The King James Bible Tells us that Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to our Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ and that Jesus was conceived in her by The Holy Spirit of God. for a person to teach otherwise, is denying the very foundation of our christian faith.

The Old Testament Scriptures fortold His virgin birth; "therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign;Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son and shall call his name Immaneul." Isaiah 7:14

The New Temstament confirms His virgin birth
    Luke 1:35, And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Matthew 1:18 through 25, Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily. 20. But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23. Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24.Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25. And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Lie #3.What Mormons Church Teaches About Salvation Through Jesus Christ.

The first thing we need to understand is that the Jesus of the mormonism, is not the Jesus of the bible. "Joseph Smith taught that there were certian sins so grievous that man may commit, that that they will place the transgressors beyond of the power of the anointment of Christ. If these offenses are commited, then the blood of Christ will not cleanse them of their sins even though they repent. Therefore the only hope is to have their own blood shed to atone, as as far as possible, in their behalf." *Doctrine of Salvation, Deseret Publishing Co. 1954) This clearly states the false teaching of Mormon Church.

We do have to accept the lies of men, since we have the Wrod of God as our athority. Notice what God had said, in His Word, concerning the atonement for sin. "And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumsision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiving you for all trespasses: Blotting out the handwritten of ordinance that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;" Colossians 2:13,14

Notice: how Scripture testify that all sins have been paid for, removed and forgotten,by God. It is very easy to see that the teachings of the Mormon church are nothing but lies and distortions of the Word of God. There is nothing "Christian" about them. Please do not le them lead you away from the Truth that is found only in Gods Word. The Bible.

Mind you, there are many bibles in the world, But the KING JAMES VERSION HOLY BIBLE is the ONLY bible that IS THE true word of God. If anyone wants (Proof and Facts) please do Post me, I will provide you with the information. Have a nice day GM

Now, Please don't get me wrong,I'm not here to beat anyone down, or be rude,hateful or disrespectful, Because I LOVE each of you. but I'm here only to speak out as a Christian should against things like this.
    God Bless you all and Love you in Christ, GM

2. joshknighton

joshknighton New Member

That's a lot of good data. I'm sure you put in a lot of time for that.

Personally I prefer the NKJV. That's what I preach from, and I catch a lot of flack from it. I know that there are some translations of the Bible that are way out there, but all aren't. When I ask someone where they are going I don't say, "Where goest thou?" I say, "Where are you going."

It seems to me that some people forget that the Bible wasn't written in English. I believe that the KJV is the unerrored word of God, but not the only word of God.

Think about this:
    If you had a 1980 Honda car and a 2000 Honda car, which one would you rather drive?

3. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

Excellent post GM. Now sit back and watch how people will go out of their way and disprove everything that you said. BTW, welcome to the BB both you and joshknighton.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Josh, Good point.

GM, I haven't read your post thoroughly yet but here are a couple of points in the mean time.

First, it is difficult in a forum like this to answer so much at once. It isn't that there aren't reasonable arguments against what you've posted (there are) but that the length of the post makes it cumbersome to deal with in one sweep.

Second, be careful what kind of arguments and conclusions you make. Most if not all of the arguments you have employed against MV's can be used against the KJV as well. For instance, no MV has ever been the official version of the Mormons or the JW's but the KJV has. When you use guilt by association, you can't legitimately limit it to what you are opposing. Once you establish a standard, it must apply both ways.

Third, be careful who you trust as a source. GA Riplinger is not a honest source on this issue. Besides that, she has made some very "off the wall" comments such as stating that God authored her book and Jesus gave her something called the "acrostic algebra" to show that NIV+NASV(B)=SIN. Her use of ellipsis to strip quotes of their context can be called nothing but lying.

For the record, I believe the KJV is the preserved Word of God. But it is not the only reliable, valid version of the preserved Word of God. Before the printing press, God saw fit to use thousands upon thousands of handwritten Bibles that all differed from one another.

The biggest problem with most of your arguments is that the KJV is not the original... it isn't even the first English version.

I hope you will be open and honest enough to look at both sides of the argument on this board. I (along with several others here) was KJVO at one point. Even now, I have many strong external reasons to either be KJVO or compromise with that view. But the truth is more important than making my present circumstances easier... and KJVO simply does not line up with the truth of scripture nor the truth of historical fact.

5. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Yawn. Another long list of "differences" that doesn't really prove anything.

Come on, KJV-onlyists, get a real argument.

6. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

The only reason the Mormons and JWs use the King James Bible is because they know where the power of God really is. [​IMG]

7. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another error. Mormons and JW's have absolutely no idea about where the power of God really is.

8. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

2 + 2 = 4. Do you agree or disagree?

9. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Only in certain systems. It is possible for two plus two to equal eleven or ten.

10. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. But the Bible is not a mathematically equation. It is the Word of the Living God!

Someone's word is not limited by a single set of words to express it. A sales contract on a home can have various wording but still cover all the same details and covenant the same agreement.

Consider this: two state vehicle inspectors accurately describe your car covering all of the same details. It would be absurd to say that only one of the descriptions was legally accurate just because they used different words to communicate the same thing. One would be shorter. One longer. One more redundant. The other more concise. However, both would be equally valid descriptions of your car.

If you want a mathematical equation then the only one that works is: the original words of the OT + the original words of the NT = The Word(s) of God.

If you insist on a single set of words then we cannot have the Word of God in English and can never know for sure what the Word of God in the original languages is.

You need to recognize that the message is the Word of God rather than limiting God's Word to one set of human chosen words. The better the translation and text, the better the message is communicated.

11. mioque

mioque New Member

My opinion is that I can go to several websites, collect several pages worth of information that 'proof' that the Statenbijbel (the Dutch States Bible) is the best and only truly accurate translation on the face of the earth and post it here.
    All this info is ofcourse in Dutch, but most people around here wouldn't notice that anyway. Mostly because almost nobody bothers to read such posts anyway, partly because certain members here are surprisingly well educated.
    The sad thing is, that KJV-onlyism has a lot more adherents than States Bible Onlyism despite the fact that the States bible is no worse in the New Testament and contains a better translation of the Old Testament.

12. GM

GM Guest

My Post might be long, But its to the point with 100% Facts and Proof, those who don't get it, don't really want it. What I have done with the information that I researched, I have found that The King James Version Holy Bible is (THE) True Word of God in Heaven. and If anyone can't except that, Then I will keep them in deep prayer. I Appreciate those who have read and are still reading my posts and May God Bless you all. GM

13. GM

GM Guest

Mioque,
    I know you could go and find information on different websites and post it here. No offence, disrespect or harshness toward you or anyone, but, I have researched the (KJV) and found that the KJV IS the Only True Bible on the face of this earth, I know God has his Word Preserved in The KJV,

Proof & Facts
    The" NASB,YTL,NIV,NKJV,RSV,NRSV,NWT, DARBY,WESCOTT &
    HORT, "ETC", are " satans novels" because words were taken away and added when Godsaid in....

Revelation 22: 18 & 19, -18. For I testify unto that heareth the words of
    the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall
    add the plagues that are written in this book: " 19. And if any man shall
    take away from the words of this book of this prophecy. God shall take away
    his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the
    things that are written in this book.

Proof & Facts
    The " NASB,YTL,NIV,NKJV,RSV,NRSV,NWT, DARBY,WESCOTT & HORT, "ETC",has done
    JUST that, they have added and took away when God said (Not to) in the Above
    Scripture. They have also "changed the truth of God into a lie."

Proof & Facts
    God said in Romans 1:25, Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and
    worshipped and served the creature more then the Creator, who is blessed
    forever. A-men'.

Proof & Facts
    The Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls were CAREFULLY being Translated
    into The English Language in 1604 and Authorized and Published in 1611 By
    the English Scollers that King James CAREFULLY picked out. Yes there
    [WERE] a few spelling errors in The KJV BUT Corrected in 1617. BUT The KJV
    is The ONLY Bible that has been coming to pass, (coming true) ever since it
    was Written in Hebrew and Greek and Translated into English, and Authorized
    and Published 392 years ago.(1611) You say you have heard it all about the
    KJV. that's good, but seems to me that you forgot to pay attention. God
    has Inspired His word in the KJV, 2 Timothy Chapter 3: 15, All scriptures
    is given by inspiration of God, and profitable for doctrine, for reproof,
    for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Proof & Facts
    God has also PRESERVED HIS Word in The KJV,

Psalm 12:6 &7, The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a
    furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7, Thou shall keep them, O LORD,
    thou shall preserve this generation forever.

Proof & Facts
    But people have been deceived by other bibles and Preachers & Teachings that there minds are preverted.

2 Timothy 3:13, But evil men and sedcers shall wax worse and worse,
    deceiving and being deceived.

Proof & Facts
    God, "The Creator", had Preserved HIS Holy Truth in the KJV, and
    His Truth KJV STANDS ALONE as Jesus Stood Alone over 2,000 Years Ago.
    Fact #2. The Original, Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls were being
    Translated in the Year 1604 and Authorized & Published in the Year 1611.
    Every thing in the Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls & KJV has been coming
    to pass, Meaning: coming TRUE Ever Since Day1.
    Fact #3. This Scripture and the one below is Extream Fact & Truth that The
    other bibles are a counterfeit & The Took away & added from [Gods Preserved
    Word -KJV] And in the below Scripture "Revelation 22/:18-19 it is written
    clearly that no one is to take away or add to the words of the Prophecy of
    this book, What book? Original, Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls and KJV,
    Its Awesome to me that. If you think about it, KJV Is a book, but 66 books
    in 1. So that means (The Whole Book).No one is to add or take away. But the
    other bibles DID.( KJV-Romans 1:25, Who changed the truth of God into a lie,
    and worshipped and served the creature more then the Creator , who is
    blessed forever. A-men'. )
    Revelation 22: 18 & 19, -18. For I testify unto that heareth the words of
    the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall
    add the plagues that are written in this book: " 19. And if any man shall
    take away from the words of this book of this prophecy. God shall take away
    his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the
    things that are written in this book. )

Proof & Facts
    Wescoot and Hort were In to Spiritualism and Didn't believe in the
    Ressurection of Jesus Christ, there fore they were against God, (anti
    christ.) anybody that is against God in any way are ( anti christ )
    regurdless if you or you're followers wish to believe that or not, its
    true. and I'm sure deep down in side you know that.
    The Mormon Church teaches a different gospel and a different Jesus as well as the other false bibles, preachers and teachers do.

Dear Friends,
    I have had the opertunity to speak with a couple of
    Mormon's from: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
    They were nice fella's, They even showed me
    the King James Bible and showed me the Mormon bible.
    I explained how their Mormon bible was a false Teaching,
    and gave them the History of the King James Bible.
    I have a tract here on my desk from the Fellowship Tract League, that shows
    "3 Lies that Mormons will tell you." (One they will say that "God was once
    like us."). Jesus was and STILL is the Only begotten Son of God Almighty and
    was and STILL is WITHOUT SIN. God said in His Holy and Preserved Word,{
    Talking about One of Gods Creation: Human Life.} -- ( Romans 3:23, For all
    have sined and come short of the glory of God. and in .... Romans 3:10, As
    it is written, THERE IS NON RIGHTEOUS,NO, NOT ONE: ) These Scriptures are
    from the King James Bible. these Scriptures were Translated from The
    Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls in the year 1604 and Authorized and
    Published in the year 1611, there was a few error's but that was Corrected
    in 1617.

2ed Lie The Mormon Church Teaches: About the Virgin Birth of Christ
    The Mormon Prophet Brigham Young stated that : "Jesus Christ was not
    begotten by the Holy Ghost...., but was begotten in the same flesh by the
    same character that was in the garden of eden" )

-- ( The King James Bible Tells us that Mary was a virgin when she gave
    birth to our Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ and that Jesus was conceived in
    her by The Holy Spirit of God. for a person to teach otherwise, is denying
    the very foundation of our christian faith.

The Old Testament Scriptures fortold His virgin birth; "therefore the Lord
    himself shall give you a sign;Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a
    son and shall call his name Immaneul." Isaiah 7:14

The New Temstament confirms His virgin birth
    Luke 1:35, And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall
    come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee:
    therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called
    the Son of God.

Matthew 1:18 through 25, Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise:
    When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together,
    she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19. Then Joseph her husband,
    being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded
    to put her away privily. 20. But while he thought on these things, behold,
    the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son
    of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is
    conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21. And she shall bring forth a son,
    and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their
    sins. 22. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken
    of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23. Behold, a virgin shall be with
    child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel,
    which being interpreted is, God with us. 24.Then Joseph being raised from
    sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his
    wife: 25. And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and
    he called his name JESUS.

Lie #3.What Mormons Church Teaches About Salvation Through Jesus Christ.

The first thing we need to understand is that the Jesus of the mormonism, is
    not the Jesus of the bible. "Joseph Smith taught that there were certian
    sins so grievous that man may commit, that that they will place the
    transgressors beyond of the power of the anointment of Christ. If these
    offenses are commited, then the blood of Christ will not cleanse them of
    their sins even though they repent. Therefore the only hope is to have their
    own blood shed to atone, as as far as possible, in their behalf." *Doctrine
    of Salvation, Deseret Publishing Co. 1954) This clearly states the false
    teaching of Mormon Church.

We do have to accept the lies of men, since we have the Wrod of God as our
    athority. Notice what God had said, in His Word, concerning the atonement
    for sin. "And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumsision of your
    flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiving you for all
    trespasses: Blotting out the handwritten of ordinance that was against us,
    which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his
    cross;" Colossians 2:13,14

Notice: how Scripture testify that all sins have been paid for, removed and
    forgotten,by God. It is very easy to see that the teachings of the Mormon
    church are nothing but lies and distortions of the Word of God. There is
    nothing "Christian" about them. Please do not le them lead you away from the
    Truth that is found only in Gods Word. The Bible.

Mind you, there are many bibles in the world, But the KING JAMES VERSION
    HOLY BIBLE is the ONLY bible that IS THE true word of God. If anyone wants
    (Proof and Facts) please do PAY ATTENTION AND RESEARCH MORE ON THIS MATTER.
    Have a nice day GM

No Didsrespect or rudness or harshness what so over, But If people want to involve their self into a conversation with others, lets say, on a biblical topic, they need to take the time and research and find facts instead of just talk.

God Bless my Brothers and Sisters in C

14. GM

GM Guest

//God Bless my Brothers and Sisters in Christ.\\

If anyone is offended by my posts, then you might want to research for you're self and find the information on The King James Bible and those other bibles."Satans Novels." Loves yeah much and God Bless my Brothers and Sisters in Christ. GM

15. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

GM carefully researched it and that settles it for me.

16. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

I just finished an eight tape series on the Bible
    in college, my teacher took his time and explained it very well.
    Parts of the the new version manusrcipts were 'redone' and then slipped into the translaters. The translaters never knew about it.
    Too much to post, so little time.

17. GM

GM Guest

joshknighton, First off I Appreciate you're comments on my post , But I have to be truthful as I do any other time.

God said in Revelation 22:18-19,
    For I testify unto that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add the plagues that are written in this book: " 19. And if any man shall take away from the words of this book of this prophecy. God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things that are written in this book.

The NKJV has OMITTED, ( Taken Away.)

The Word- Blood is left out 23 times.
    The Word- Hell is left out 22 times.
    The Word- repent is left out 44 times.
    The Word- God is left out51 times.
    The Word- Heaven is left out 50 times.

If this above information doesn't bother you, then brother, you are conformed to the world.

The KJV is set at a 5th grade reading level, while those other bibles are set at a 6th on up grade reading level.

That's between you and God if you want to still involve you're self and others in a bible that disobeys God. I for 1 FEAR GOD (WAY TO MUCH) to Even step over that boundry. and I have A (GREAT AMOUNT OF RESPECT FOR GOD) and Will NOT be a LOVER of the world or the things in this world. that including { New Age Bible Mumbo Jumbo.} Jesus said in (KJV- Matthew 24:4. And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. )

Yes, Jesus was talking to others in this verse, But The KJV was preserved in the English Language, therefore, Jesus was also talking to us. Think about it.

God Bless,GM

18. Archangel7

Archangel7 New Member

Are you prepared to apply the same standard to the KJV?

Jn. 14:14, NIV: "You may ask ME for anything in my name, and I will do it." The KJV omits the word "me," thus removing clear evidence of Christ's deity, since prayer is to be made to God only. Shall we then reject the KJV for denying Christ's deity?

Ac. 4:25, NIV: "who through the mouth of our father David, your servant, said BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, "' Why did the Gentiles rage, and the peoples plot in vain?" The KJV omits the words "by the Holy Spirit." Shall we then reject the KJV for denying the inspiration of the Holy Spirit?

Rom. 1:4, NIV: "and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead: JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD." The KJV leaves out the words "Jesus Christ our Lord." Shall we then reject the KJV for denying Christ's Lordship?

Jude 25, NIV: "to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power, and authority, THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen." The KJV does not have the words "through Jesus Christ our Lord." Shall we then reject the KJV for robbing Christ of his Messiahship, Lordship, and mediatorship?

Are we "conformed to the world" if this information about the omissions in the KJV don't bother us?

[ October 21, 2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Archangel7 ]

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The problems is that none of that proves that one is perfect and another is not. It only proves that there are differences in translation. No where in the first post is there an attempt made to understand why the differences exist in the first place.

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Oh, please! This is such a myth that's been dispelled countless times. Please tell me how many fifth graders know what "we do you to wit means" (it means, "we make known to you" in old English). While we're at it, ask a fifth grader what "narrow is the way" means (in old english, it means "the way is difficult".

As for your "omission" claims, since the NKJV referrs back to the TR for its updates, there are no omissions. For example, "Hell" is not omitted. It's simply updated, often to "hades" (which is not doctrinally the same as Hell). The KJV erroneously used the word "Hell" when the TR referred to the place of the dead that was not identified as Heaven.

There's been no evidence so far in this thread that shows the KJV to obey God more or less than any other version.

To the point that you worship the Word of God?
    So what does that mean in the Gutenberg Bible (the first plain translation for the common people, which, was in German)? Or for that matter, the Great Bible (in case you forgot, it was the English version authorized by King Henry VII in 1541)?