1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Different Versions of The Bible. ( Whats you're Opinion?)

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by GM, Oct 20, 2003.

1. GM

GM Guest

Scott J,
    I am not worried about offending anyone.
    But ONLY Backing up the Word of God. Not that it NEEDS backing up. But because I am dedicated to God and His Holy and Preserved Word- (The Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls and KJV)
    (Right Now) I would rather offend my brothers and sisters in Christ with the Truth (KJV) And showing the differences between the counterfeit bibles and counterfeit jesus that a lot of preachers preach today, and how they." The New Age Translators" added and took away From Gods Preserved Word, (KJV) when God said Not to in Revelation 22:18-19.
    THEN to see my brothers and sisters in Christ getting balled out by Jesus the KING of The Universe and being Shamed for all eternity.

God Bless,GM

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KJV 1 Chronicles 26
    16 To Shuppim and Hosah the lot came forth westward, with the gate Shallecheth, by the causeway of the going up, ward against ward.
    17 Eastward were six Levites, northward four a day, southward four a day, and toward Asuppim two and two.
    18 At Parbar westward, four at the causeway, and two at Parbar.
    19 These are the divisions of the porters among the sons of Kore, and among the sons of Merari.

KJV 2 Corinthians 6
    11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
    12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
    13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

If you want to offend us with the truth, then please use the truth to do so. You have put forth nothing but false teaching. When you put forth the truth, we will not be offended. We will rejoice. What offends us are these attacks on God's word. When you come to a position of truth, you will cease believing that the KJV is the only word of God. You will realize that there are other faithful translations that are indeed the word of God. AFter all, this is the position of Christ and the apostles. It is our position. We hope that you will make it your position.

4. GM

GM Guest

Those who are offended by the King James Version. are of the new age and are being deceived by satan and willingly want the "feel good things in life.

2 Timothy 3:13, But evil men and sedcers shall wax worse and worse,
    deceiving and being deceived.

now what did Jesus say in: Matthew 24:4. And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Those who are of the new age, want to stick with { The New Age Crowd} and are of the world.

Those who who get offended by Gods Truth (KJV) and puts it down, are of the New Age.

Does anyone have any idea what the New Age really is?

It is satans crowd: (Different bibles, Wanting to fit in, and wanting the "feel good sermons" from preachers, instead of the truth, ( Gods Preserved Wod-KJV). People into the (counterfeit jesus and counterfeit bibles to preach their feel good sermons.) {Etc.} Let me ask those who read the other bibles a question or 3.

1. When was the last time you have or you heard a preacher preaching from other bibles Prech on Hell?

Jesus spoke about Hell in Mark 9:43, And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, then having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

2. Even though its against the law to say anything wrong about things like Homosexuality, How many preachers have you heard preach on How Homosexuality is a SIN Against God?

KJV-Romans 1,26:27 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature.27, And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

3.When was the LAST time you or any one you know went and gave out a tract about Jesus Christ and tried to show someone the way to Jesus Christ?

setting up treures in Heaven.
    Jesus said in Matthew 19:21, Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell thatthou hast,and give it to the poor, and thou shall have tresures in heaven, and come and follow me.

I for 1 am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ.

If you have a problem answering these questions, Or have a problem with these Scriptures Verses then you have a problem with God. ( Period)

God Bless my Brothers and Sisters in Christ,GM

5. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I don't know of anyone here offended by the KJV. I certainly am not. I am offended by false teaching about the KJV and about the word of God.

But you are the one who has been deceived about this. You believe that teh KJV is the only word of God. That is the result of deceit. It is found nowhere in Scripture. God did not teach you that.

I agree. But no one here is doing that. I would say that those who are offended by God's truth (NASB, NIV, ESV) and puts it down are deceived and are deceiving others.

Yes and it has nothing to do with what version you use. You should study up on it.

I hear it a lot and do it myself.

I hear it a lot and do it myself. In fact, I did it just recently. But you have been lied to: It is not against the law to say anything wrong about homosexuality.

I do it all the time.

Neither am I.

I agree. But that has nothign to do with this issue. We are talking about translations and none of this is remotely relevant. The problem with people is not the version they use but their obedience to it.

I would encourage you to use this forum to post on things that are relevant to this discussion. These issues, as important as they may be, have nothing to do with translations.

6. GM

GM Guest

Pastor Larry, My appologies for sounding rude or disrespectful, But you are just another person that has been deceived, and brainwashed by satan, Its Obvoious that you and a few others [didn't] read what I researched or are just ( sharply aggravated) with my work that The Good Lord allowed me to do.

I prefer to walk in the Old Path.

Psalm 119:105, Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Looks like a few people on this website are {All talk and no Scripture.}

Those who are against ( The Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls and KJV) ARE Against God in Heaven. (No if ands or Buts about it.)
    God Bless My Brothers and Sisters in Christ.
    GM

7. GM

GM Guest

Pastor Larry,
    You are wrong Brother,Again,
    The problem is peopole have left Gods Truth KJV and went to Satans Novels, Other bibles because they are more easier to read and understand. What I would like to know is Do you preach on how Gods Preserved Word-KJV has been abanded by MANY christians and how Many christians follow the bibles that took away and added . when God said NOT to in Revelation 22:18-19. ??

If you don't preach against evil, then you're against God and His Preserved Word-KJV.

Brother you need to research and find out for you're self the truth.

God Bless My Brothers and Sisters in Christ. GM

8. GM

GM Guest

Pastor Larry, Brother My Appologies, I have read you're post wrong, As you can see I am quick to defind the KJV. I had a hard day yesterday fighting satan and being on the "front lines" for Jesus. Many people put down the KJV and defile it with a ungodly manner. But I am against other bibles because they teach false teachings and are a decepter.and brainwash people into believing that "the other bibles are ok" and they are Not. I take GREAT Offence to those other bibles, because they are not inspired by God nor written from the Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls Nor are they coming true. Once again Brother, I am sorry. God Bless you. GM

9. GM

GM Guest

Archangel7,

About the NIV, Another corrupt version.
    Christians should watch and be careful in everything they do.

NIV-Matthew 6:13. And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from the evil one.
    Matthew 6:13 says,And lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom,and the power, and the glory forever.A-men.
    NIV-Luke 12:31.
    But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
    Luke 12:31
    But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

NIV-Mark 13:33. Be on guard! Be alert ! You do not know when that time will come.
    King James Version, Written in the color red. Mark13:33, Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is._____________________________________________________
    Prayer and Fastings has been OMITTED from the NIV.
    But you [CAN] find it in the King James Version,
    Matthew 17:21 Written in the color red. (KJV-Matthew 17:21,Howbit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
    Matthew 17:21 Written in the color red. (KJV-Matthew 17:21,Howbit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Jesus' Teaching on Prayer

1One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples."
    2He said to them, "When you pray, say:
    " 'Father,hallowed be your name, your kingdom come.
    3Give us each day our daily bread. 4Forgive us our sins,
    for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
    And lead us not into temptation
    Luke 11:2, And he said unto them, When ye pray,say, Our Father which art in heaven,Hallowed be the name. Thy kingdom come.Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.3. Give us day by day our daily bread.4. nd forgive us our sins for we also forgive everyone that is indebeted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

The NIV has taken God out of this verse. And made Jesus say ask a totally different question in Matthew Chapter 19 verse[17]
    NIV-Matthew 19:17,"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."
    Matthew19:17,
    And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

The NIV has OMITTED Matthew 23:14.
    King James Version Matthew 23:14, Woe unto you, scribs and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour windows houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
    Look at the change in this Scripture. The have OMITTED the name "Christ" and added the word "him". Since they have tooken out Christ and added "him". Makes me wonder Are they addressing satan in their bible as their god? Read below.
    NIV-Philippians 4:13,I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
    King James Version ,Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
    There are many other verses in the NIV that have left out MANY things about God, The Authors & Translators of the NIV have Changed Jesus Word around to suit their own wants and needs. And another fact, one of the Editors of the NIV is Lesbian, and the gay lifestyles go AGAINST God according to His Word, [KJV-Romans 1,26: For this cause God gave them up to vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature. ] The above Scriptures are PROOF . And I'm asking Everyone that reads this to please focus on & Keep with [Gods Preserved Word-KJV] Because going to the NIV& Ect, will ONLY lead you to satans croud and his ways.

10. GM

GM Guest

Kidz-,
    By any chance, did you research this information instead of just watching a tape. There are much that is needed to be learned that are Not all on tapes. If one doesn't research for facts and proof and research the Truth Gods Preserved Word -KJV) then they are wasting their time in research.
    God Bless my Brothers and Sisters in Christ. GM

11. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Kidz-4-HIM said:

Parts of the the new version manusrcipts were 'redone' and then slipped into the translaters. The translaters never knew about it.

Your teacher must think his students are idiots.

12. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

KJV 1 Chronicles 26
    16 To Shuppim and Hosah the lot came forth westward, with the gate Shallecheth, by the causeway of the going up, ward against ward.
    17 Eastward were six Levites, northward four a day, southward four a day, and toward Asuppim two and two.
    18 At Parbar westward, four at the causeway, and two at Parbar.
    19 These are the divisions of the porters among the sons of Kore, and among the sons of Merari.

KJV 2 Corinthians 6
    11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
    12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
    13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.
    </font>[/QUOTE]The other versions have archaic words in them also. Funny how someone believes they cannot read the KJB, but have no problem reading Shakespeare. I wonder what would happen if someone try to modernize Shakespeare's writings?

BTW, my little girl is 8 years old and in the 3rd grade and reads the King James Bible by her self. If she has problems with words or the meaning of a sentence, I try to the best of my knowledge to help her. We also pray before we read the Bible to ask God for understanding and wisdom of his word. You should try it, it works. [​IMG]

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible didn't start out that way in "Sheakespearean" English, or its counterpart Classical Greek.

It was written in "Koine" the current language of the common man.

1611-1769 Shakespearean English is not the current language of the common man today.

Has God changed His mind?

HankD

14. GM

GM Guest

I don't think you're talking about the King James Version Bible.

Because the King James Version Holy Bible was being CAREFULLY Translated in 1611 by the scollers that King James CAREFULLY picked out.

The King James Version Holy Bible was Translated , Authorized and Published in 1611. There were a FEW spelling errors (BUT CORRECTED In 1617.)

Like I said in my other post,

" All talk and no Scripture."

God Bless my Brothers and Sisters in Christ.
    GM

The King James Version Holy Bible was Translated from The Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls.

Therefore there Original Language was Hebrew and Greek.

Beings that The Original Hebrew and Greek Scrolls was Translated 392 years ago into the English Language,

The English Language 392 years ago, was proper,and understandable And Educated. Todays English Language is mumbling & uneducated.

Out of LOVE and Concern: Research B4 you post.

God Bless,GM

15. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

if the KJV 1611 was the only true and inspired word of God, then how did seplling errors get introduced?

I personally have no problems with the KJV, and have a parallel Bible which compares the KJV, NASB and NIV... I see no major differences which affect the message or meaning of the passages.

16. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your source for this info is either lying or lazy- equally condemnable offenses.

The KJV actually uses the word "blood" 26 more times than the NKJV. The NKJV uses the word "blood" in three places where it is not found in the KJV.

Of the 26 occasions where the KJV uses "blood" and the NKJV does not, 25 occur in the OT. In these instances, the NKJV uses the word "bloodshed" 22 times where the context indicates violence, "lifeblood" 1 time, and "bloodline" 1 time. In Lev 19:16, the NKJV substitutes the word "life" for blood.

In 2 Chronicles 19:10, the NKJV reads: "Whatever case comes to you from your brethren who dwell in their cities, whether of bloodshed or offenses against law or commandment, against statutes or ordinances, you shall warn them, lest they trespass against the LORD and wrath come upon you and your brethren. Do this, and you will not be guilty." Whereas the KJV reads: "And what cause soever shall come to you of your brethren that dwell in your cities, between blood and blood, between law and commandment, statutes and judgments, ye shall even warn them that they trespass not against the LORD, and so wrath come upon you, and upon your brethren: this do, and ye shall not trespass."

In the one occasion in the NT, the NKJV has "bloodshed" instead of blood.

Once again GM I exhort you to check your sources before believing them. Whoever gave those numbers did a simple word search of the two Bible versions and came up with that "shocking" revelation. About 20 minutes of work on my part using www.biblegateway.com refuted this error completely.

I will get to the rest when I have time.

17. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

You keep saying this and demonstrating it. Notice how absent your posts are of Scripture that is rightly used to prove your point. You have yet to offer one verse of Scripture where God identifies the KJV as his only word. All you have done is shown that translations are different. We already knew that. What we are waiting for is you to give us a scriptural reason why you picked the KJV. In other words, where did God tell us that the KJV is the only word of God?

I wish you would do this. It would keep you from posting this stuff that you are putting forth. Scott did an excellent job of showing how deficient your posting method really is. Research and study ... it prevents being wrong.

18. Askjo

Askjo New Member

You are smarter than me. That's true. I read the KJV because of the KJV superiority and the KJV accuracy. I use it for many, many years. Why did you all complain against the KJV? Is it is hard to understand the KJV? if you answer it, "yes" because it is hard to obey the Word of God!!! I understand it sometimes because no one can understand it FULLY. If you fully understand it very clearly, you would go nut! We are limited to understand what we read it because NO ONE understands God's omniscience!!!! God, our Omniscientist, wrote His book and gave it to you and me. Praise the Lord without complaining against the Bible! Can we understand fully (100%) His Book? Impossible! Modern versions messed up with God's Word -- twist many words -- remove, add and exchange! You are smarter than me to use corrupted Bible versions.

Our intelligence is like ladybug sitting on ONE leaf -- limited intelligence! Our God's omniscience is ALL knowledge that we do not have.

You complain, criticze and disapprove the KJV due to your high intelligence than me. Big deal!

19. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In each of these instances, the NKJV uses a more accurate word than does the KJV. In the OT when context leaves doubt of whether "sheol" should be translated 'hell', 'grave', or 'pit', the NKJV leaves the transliterated "sheol". This is perfectly legitimate and actually more accurate than the KJV.

In the NT, the KJV makes three different Greek words equivalent thus obscuring a distinction made by the NT writers and Jesus Himself. The NKJV accurately leaves the distinction between "Hades" and "Gehenna". Neither translation draws the proper distinction for the single use of "tartaros" in 2 Peter 2:4 which denotes the lowest regions of Hades.

In every case throughout the Bible the NKJV uses a word that is as accurate as the KJV or more so. If either version jeopardizes the doctrines on hell, it would be the KJV by failing to communicate a distinction that God made in the originals.

20. GM

GM Guest

I would like to point out , If someone wants to make a point my quoting me, that ok, But if anyone is going to quote me, please quote my words, and not just half of them.thanks you. I said, And I Quote:

"Words that were LEFT OUT of [The New King James Version, .."NKJV".]
    The Word- Blood is left out 23 times.
    The Word- Hell is left out 22 times.
    The Word- repent is left out 44 times.
    The Word- God is left out51 times.
    The Word- Heaven is left out 50 times."

There is No excuse for people to re-write the bible and make it to their own wants and needs. and that is exactly what the NKJV,NIV,NASB,YTL,NWT,& Etc" has done.
    ( When God said in, Revelation 22: 18 & 19, -18. For I testify unto that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add the plagues that are written in this book: " 19. And if any man shall take away from the words of this book of this prophecy. God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things that are written in this book.)

and beings that there are 66 books in the KJV and have prophecy all through it, I concider the above verse to mean all 66 books. and remember, all 66 book of the KJV were made into (1) BOOK.
    Lord please be with the willingly ignorant and show then your truth and path (KJV), In Jesus Name, Amen.