1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Digger Party Question

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Rolfe, May 13, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mrs. Rolf made me watch the Duggers last night. One of the kids is having a baby. They decided to have a "Gender Reveal Party". Never heard of such a thing. Is that a trend now, or (as I suspect) probably a stunt for the cameras?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nope, it's a "thing" nowadays. I know couples who have gotten the doctor to write it on a piece of paper and then put it into an envelope and seal it. Then they give it to a bakery and the bakery makes a cake where the inside will reveal the gender for the party. I guess if couples want to do this, it's OK but to me it's kind of silly.

I wished I was able to know the gender of my babies but with #1, the doctor wouldn't do it since his ultrasound machine was older and not accurate with the gender, with #2 he got a new machine and baby was so uncooperative (should have known what a tough child she'd be back then!) that he couldn't get a shot of that area, #3 was clearly a girl even on the advanced ultrasound at a lab and my very much a boy was born a few months later so when they told me #4 was a girl and even showed me uterus and ovaries, I didn't believe them. LOL That one was right.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Annsni.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just realised that I misspelled Dugger. Stupid autocorrect...

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm old fashion !

I don't want to know until the "big slap"!

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that I would agree.

8. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Actually when I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about the Donner party.

Regardless, with the Dugger bunch they must spend alot of their time planning and attending these parties.

My wife is expecting and we will not be finding out the gender until the precious package arrives. We did this with our first child as well. People think we are strange, and it drives everyone crazy. But in a day and age where we can know so much about everything its nice to have a surprise. :smilewinkgrin:

9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOL - There are parties for everything now. It's also apparently now ok for you to throw your own baby shower. I don't' get that.

I do wish I were able to know the gender of my baby before they were born (and be sure of it) because I really get connected with them and it would be fun to know a little more about them before they come. But my son coming out as a boy instead of the predicted girl didn't do much to throw me other than to say "WHAT??" LOL It WAS fun to be surprised but it would have also been wonderful to have been expecting a little boy.