1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dinner With Senator Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 24, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Interesting ploy. Almost makes me want to donate the minimum to have the chance. But while three average Americans may get the chance to dine with Obama, ten times that many Washington insider fat cats will have his ear that day. What would be even more valuable is if Obama, Clinton, or McCain would acutally listen to the voice of real Americans.

It would be intriguing to speak with Obama. I'd love to dine with Bill Clinton - always have wanted to. I love being in the company of smart people.

3. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I would rather choke on a neckbone before I had one bite of a "happy meal" with your racist presidential candidate.

This is soooo open to a dumb racial comment/joke, but I will rise above it and not do it....

AJ

#3 ajg1959, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2008
  4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

The fact that you would have such a though speaks volumes.

5. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Funny you should say that.

Back in the early 80's, I lived in North Little Rock, AR. One night I went to a grocery store around 10'oclock to get some diapers, and Bill Clinton was there with two state policeman looking at record albums. I talked to him for several minutes, as I have several times, and he knew my Mom (who was the accounting director for the Pulaski County YMCA's) and my Dad, who taught Vo-tech at the Little Rock Skill Center and dealt with the Gov many times over funding issues.

Anyway, Old Bill was not only skinny at the time, he was also pretty conservative....being that the Arkansas Democratic Party is not nearly as liberal and th National Party is.

I think he bought the new (at the time) Lover Boy album.......Everybody's working for the weekend)

AJ

#5 ajg1959, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2008
  6. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

What??????

My thoughts speak more than Obama's preacher's sermons?????

I am flattered.

AJ

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, it would be one of the highlights of my life to have dinner with the next president of the United States - Senator Barack Obama. :)

8. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Do you like grilled lion head? Or whatever a person eats who is trying to keep alive the "African" heritage?

AJ

9. Magnetic Poles

WT???? Who opened the door and let the Klan in? This joint is going downhill fast.

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

never mind

#10 dragonfly, Mar 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  11. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I do not want Obama or the Clintons in the White House, but I would personally love to be able to have a meal with them and talk to them in real life.

12. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Let me remind you that I am both black and white...by my heritage is and will always be American/

I dont kow anyone from Africa.....even my ggg grandfather, who was owned by my white grandfather has never never, as far as I know, promoted "African heritage"....I believe this is a new concept brought about by raciast leaders like Louis Farrakan, and Jessie Jackson. If racism dissappeared, then they would not have no job.......They make their living off of people's fears of racism.

So dont say never mind......I am a direct relative of both a slave owner, and a slave.....probably more closely to the slave, because of the negative way we were raised.

I have a right to an opinion...whether it is right or wrong, I earned it by being born into this situation.

Obama was also born into it....but instead of trying to deal with it, he is trying to use it.....he is a liar, and a user.

AJ

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Your man crush on Obama is getting serious, my friend. But don't count on the invite. They won't let stalkers eat with him :laugh:

14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

It was still an inappropriate thing for you to say. You should have more pride in your heritage than to denigrate it the way you did. But, you certainly have that right, if you choose to do so.

15. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I disagree and I don't think "denigrate" is an appropriate thing to say about this. I think maybe sometimes people get so sensitive that we can't even appreciate a bit of humor or frankness. Besides these comments were not made by a "typical white person"!

16. Magnetic Poles

For the rationally thinking people, there will be dinner with Obama.
    For the rest of you, it will be lunch with Soupy Sales!

17. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You disagreeing with me! Who would have thought it.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not. I used up all of my political campaign contributions on Congressman Paul. :)

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

20. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

I LOVE Soupy Sales!!! Man, they've got everything on YouTube, don't they?! I don't ever think about looking all this stuff up to see if it's on there. Thanks for the "consolation prize!"

:wavey: