1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Diploma mills how do you tell 2?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by revmwc, Jul 13, 2011.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Let's start again!

On several threads going right now I see folks say well this school is good and this is a diploma mill so how do you judge a school a diploma mill.

Does having accredidation from an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or a State Education agency determine your judgement?

If they don't follow a certain curriculum to grant the degree from, does it have to follow normal world acceptable curriculum or state required rules?

Can a school have affiliation with a recognized accrediting agency and not be accredited will that make them a diploma mill?

What determines it for you?

I found a school online that said if I sent them a list of all my work experience and everything I had done and sent the $XXXX.XX that they could grant me a bachelor's and masters in just about any field I wanted. They had an accrediting agency that they could show accredidation from, and life experience is a great education but to me this school is a diploma mill because they had no curriculum at all. They had no work from books or cd messages or online classes to perform. That to me made them a diploma mill, but what is the determining factor to you?