1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Directory list of Post-Tribulation churches

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DeafPosttrib, Oct 7, 2005.

1. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Hello!

I am aware there are over 95% of baptist churches are pretribulation in America. Difficult to find a baptist church, which teaching posttribulational. I am from Detroit. Do you know any church in Michigan, which teaching on posttribulational?

Do you know any links which have directory list of post-tribulation baptist church? If you know, please give me the list directory of posttrib church, so, I would like to contract with them, and to visit church. Thanks!

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

2. Brother James

Brother James New Member

You might start my friend by going to sermonaudio.com and searching under thier prophecy listing. I know I've listened to a couple of post trib guys on there before but I can't remember thier names. There are lots of post-mill, a-mill and historic pre-mill preachers on there of the Baptist and Presbyterian type.

3. NateT

NateT Member

Just a question as I read this thread. Are you looking for a posttrib because you feel you are unable to attend a church that is not posttrib? If so, is it because those who hold to posttrib most often hold to other doctrines that concern you, or is it just the doctrine of pre/post-trib that you are concerned about?

I don't want to derail the thread, but I am curious about that.

I personally haven't seen any directories of churches based on eschatological views (although that doesn't mean the directories don't exist).

4. natters

natters New Member

5. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

natter,

I already looking at Tim Warner's directory list long time ago. There is none list of church in Michigan.

I know there are two churches are posttribulation in metro area of Detroit. But, I do not accept them, because of practice in speaking tongues and pentacostal.

It's really difficult to find a baptist church in metro area of Detroit, which teach on posttribulation. I am still looking for a church.

In Christ

6. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Deaf,

what if you cannot find one in your area? Personally, I don't think its an issue that would warrant separating from a church if you disagree with the pastor on it.

Could you handle just having the disagreement with the pastor and keeping quiet over this one issue? Or am I not understanding your situation?

7. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DPT,

Personally for me it’s been quite a struggle attending a core pre-trib church and not buying in with that theology. I suppose DPT you’re going through the same things as me. I go to the Baptist church because they are a bible believing and teaching church and I am closer to their beliefs on most things, but some of the traditionalisms and the importance put on the down your throat eschatological pre-trib teachings being at the forefront are hard to ignore. These things are non-essentials, unable to be proven either way; it is non-biblical to have these beliefs forced upon you or your children. They have nothing to do with orthodoxy but it is their system and if you don’t accept it as fact the sad reality is you are probably in line to be set apart as “non-kindred” and shut out from many things at the least.

To me it’s like being caught between a rock and a hard place. In my case I have decided to not allow it to become an issue because of me. Eschatology is not and should not be a dividing factor of the Body. I have decided in order to leave my church it should be for the right reasons and these issues are not a justifiable cause on their own for me to leave or for them to set me apart in my opinion. After a confrontation where we forgot the head gear and padded gloves, I was told by another Pastor-friend that God allows my current pastor to be there, he is in authority, and I must obey or I must leave. For now I just avoid confrontation by politely saying I don’t see it that way if asked and hold my views. I will answer to God for want Ben does and others will answer for what they do. I have some good relationships at my church but sadly if it gets to the point that I feel I should better serve God somewhere else because I am being set apart or held back for being in disagreement, or even a doubting Berean, and for not accepting these manmade issues as fact then I will move on and God be the judge.

Most church people don’t ever get to this point in their walk so it’s not an issue, they believe what they’re told and taught and don’t even look at the deeper sides of things. I can not help to feel that it is wrong to put these things in the elitist category and cause separation in the church. I really didn’t know to begin with that this church I chose would have such a need to teach something as fact that the word says no one fully understands. In my case my pastor was hired to teach his views according to the pre-trib classic dispensational system of belief and takes his job seriously so I find myself pretty much out of tune and cringe when I hear it. I’m not sure where to turn and it weighs heavily. To be honest I think this type of approach sounds more cultic than biblical to me at this point.

8. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Ben,

I was in your shoe before. It was long story what I already been through it.

I would like to share with you of my testimony, I try my best as can to make story into brief.

In 1995, before I attend deaf baptist college, I am not a pretrib, I was pre-wrath(but now I am posttrib), I already know that college is pretribulational. Because I know almost every baptist colleges are pretribulational. I have no choice where college I attend. Also, in that time, there was the only one deaf bible college. I already know few baptist colleges have deaf programs like TTU, Liberty University, Hyles-Anderson, Northstar Bible Institute of First Bible Baptist Church from Rochester, NY. I already know few colleges with deaf programs, but I was not comfortable with them, because I already know their background, and bad reputation of them. I have no choice where college I decide to attend. But I decided to attend deaf bible college in Georgia. Askjo knows of that college well.

I was aware that I was facing risky to attend that college. And I do not want to share with any students, staffs of my real beliefs. In the first of two years at that college, I kept my beliefs secert, no person at college know my real beliefs. At the closing of the spring semester, I gave the report of Prophecy course to the teacher. I wrote the report to show of my real beliefs what I believe with verses from the Bible. The teacher was shocked and shaken. Then, teacher told to the president about me. So, they called me come in president's office. President asked me, that the teacher told him about my beliefs. He wants me go to be with the teacher and he will teaching me about rapture timing during summer time. I agree with him.

But, somehow, I rather not going to see the teacher and discuss or listening to his teaching on rapture timing during summer. Because I want to finish college, and go on the mission field to serve the Lord.

I haven't share with anyone in the next year till April, 1998. In the spring semester of 1998, I took Revelation class teaching by the President. At the beginning of the course, he told us, class' requirment, that we have to do project to make charts of seven seals, seven trumpets, and seven vials, and also, make chart of dispensational too.

So, during spring semester, I spent many hours made a huge chart, put color papers, draw pictures, put verses on it. And make it into chronological order. That chart is familiar almost same as Marvin Rosenthal & Robert Kampen's. When I was done with it. I carried it to president's office. He was little bit shocked, and he was aware of my charts are familiar with Pre-wrath chart.

So, the president told me, he have to call his staffs and will have meeting with me. I told him, sure fine with me. Few days later. I faced with them in the president's office. Presdient asked me to explain to the staffs, why I believe we will go through tribulation. Then, I gave so many verses to the staffs like a machine gun for over a hour with many good points. Then, president told me to stop, and let staffs ask questions to me. They asked me questions, and I easily answered their questions with verses. The President told us, he's struck and out. But he said, he will get a professor from TTU and will challenge me. I told him, sure fine with me. Guess what? The professor never have a chance to come and challenge me, because he was so very busy.

A year later, the president was still trying to covince me that my beliefs of rapture timignwas wrong. Also, deaf bible college added its Statement of Faith. It requires every student to read the Statement of Faith, and to agree with it and to sign it. So, I did read Statement of Faith. I agreed with all, even include coming of Christ. It does not saying, "We believe in pretribulational coming of Christ". It said, "We believe in the coming of Christ"(I cannot remember the exactly sentence what it said, but I know 'pretribulational' was not there). I agreed with Statement of Faith, and I signed it. I was honest with it.

Many staffs were upset with me, that they told to the president that I broke college's statement of faith. I didn't break the statement of faith. It was LONG story. I faced a big staff meeting include ex-professor from TTU about debate on rapture timing. That meeting was took about 3 hours. We were debate on 2 Thess. 2:1-3.

I better send private message to Ben and explain everything, because it was so LONG story.

I did received a Degree from deaf bible college, and graduated it. Then a year later, they mailed to me, and they forced me to return my diploma back to them, because I did not follow the statement of faith.

I have another staff meeting again in 2001. I told to the president, that I want a staff to find my statement of faith form in my file, and show it to prove to the staffs that I didn't break the statement of faith, because it didn't saying, 'pretribulational'. So, he did told his staff to check my statement of faith form from my file in the office. They were struck, and I won it, and they gave diploma back to me.

And also, I have another situation with church. My ex-pastor told me, he does not want me to share with any member on rapture. So, I agree with him. I didn't tell to any members for long time. But, I had no choice, my ex-roommate at apt, he was curious and asked me, want to know about my beliefs of rapture timing. Because he already hear rumour on me while he was a student at that college. So, I have to told him everything with verses from the Bible with truth, because I care of him. Difficult for me to shut my mouth, not to share with anyone about rapture. Because pastor was fear if I might share with any member, might lead deaf church into split. I understands him, I respect him well.

Also, I have another situation with candidate for to become missionary at any missionary board. There are about over 95% of baptist missionary are pretribulaitonal in America. I was aware of all missionary board have their own statement of faith, they require every person have to sign and agree with their statement of faith before they become candidate. For example, if suppose I am on the mission field in other country, the board would send a spy to my missionary field, and to check up on me, see what I am teaching. If suppose a spy finds me that, I am teaching posttrib to the people. Then, a spy will report to the board, and they will forced me to resign or fired me.

See?

Also, I have another problem about to becoming teacher or deaf pastor, I would have to looking to find a right church with doctrine and statement of faith. Difficult to find a right church for me to agree with their belief. That why I am not yet become missionary or deaf pastor. Because, most baptist churches have their own statement of faith, even deacons are demand to expecting that a pastor have to agree with church's statement of faith, or deconds will force pastor to leave church, to be fired.

See?

That why, I am thinking of to start own deaf church instead of start deaf ministry at hearing church, because of statement of faith reason. Starting deaf church is more difficult than starting deaf ministry at hearing church. I think Askjo knows about the difference between deaf ministry and deaf church.

Please pray for me that God guides me to find a right church with doctrines that I can agree with it, and more easier for me to teaching or preach at that church with the right doctrines. Thanks.

In Christ

9. SandbergToGrace

SandbergToGrace New Member

I can't remember the last time the topics of pre/post trib, rapture, millenium was raised in any of the churches I have been in. It's probably different where you live, but here a post-tribber would never feel uncomfortable because pre-trib was forced down his throat, since no one dares even mention "end times". No one wants to look like a whack-o. That's ironic since everything that is happening in the world is pointing to the fact that the end times are close if not at the door.

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MARANATHA!!!!!!!!!!

11. bapmom

bapmom New Member

DPT,

I believe you, but I find it so odd that a college and churches would have such a vehement problem with your personal beliefs on pre-trib versus post-trib.

If I were you, if you could not find a Baptist post-trib church to attend, go and talk to the pastor (alone) of the various churches you ARE considering. Let him know your views, but also let him know that if the two of you disagree you will not be undermining the pastor's authority, or talking bad behind his back about this issue.

There are other issues that all of us might not agree with 100% with everyone else in our respective churches. If they aren't necessary, foundational doctrines, than we ought not be made to feel as if we cannot fellowship together with believers whose opinions vary.

I know if you came over here to MIlwaukee and had this sort of meeting with my preacher he'd welcome you with open arms, even though he believes in pre-trib. Its an issue that very rarely comes up, and if you aren't making it an issue behind the scenes, than I don't see why there wouldn't be a pastor who could accept you lovingly.

btw, unfortunately, we don't yet have deaf interpretation, but Im workin' on it!

I hope you find such a place soon........

12. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

13. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

DPT, good luck. I am pre-trib but I don't see anything heretical in your thinking.If I'm right about the timing of the rapture and your wrong I just hope God to hold you to your view and make you wait til later. [​IMG]

14. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I could be wrong, but I have an idea that this particular branch of the Baptist Church is Post Trib, maybe you could contact their webmaster and see if they are aware of anything happening in your state?

http://www.oldregularbaptist.com/