1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dirty Underwear?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 8, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When it comes to death: Are you ready? Are you ever really ready??

Since no one has control over when and where we will take our last breath on earth and stand before Him in heaven, we need to live as though today could be our homecoming!

The Bible supports this with the teaching about the "Thief in the night!" which I believe has as much to do with His second return as it does to His return for us individually.

So how are you living your life? Is it a life that is more than ready for Him to take you at any minute, or are you living in a state of reckless abandonment? My mama always said, "Paul, be sure to wear clean under shorts, because you never know if you'll end up the day in a hospital ER!"

I'm not advocating that we walk around with the thought of dying on our mind, 24/7, as that would be depressing. However, I do suggest that, spiritually speaking, you don't leave the house wearing dirty underwear! :smilewinkgrin:

So what do you do to keep your mind focused on righteous living and righteous thoughts?

#1 righteousdude2, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Physically speaking, a solution to that problem is just don't wear any.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Wouldn't want any spiritual "skid marks" to be seen. :)

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

I predict this thread will appear in Funny Thread Titles.

6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Just an FYI, you probably don't want to know. All of us leave skid marks when death claims our body and muscles relax.

Now.... what do I do? Better phrased, what do I try to do each day? And, no, I'm not always successful.

Stay aware of the Holy Spirit in my life. Both listen and ask for help/guidance in rough situations. Being thankful for both blessing and challenges that help me grow in my faith and understanding. BTW, there have been some eye-opening challenges recently.

Perhaps, an easy way to sum it up is:
    Thank you Lord, for another day. (At both sunrise and the following sunset.) It's so easy to take for granted that each day we'll see another revolution of the earth tomorrow. Somewhere along the line I realized that I've probably already seen 75-95% of those allotted to my lifetime. (Perhaps even 99.99%.)I'd better make the best of whatever percentage, if any, that remains to serve our Lord.

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

My thought is that I do not want to be caught doing something I shouldn't when the Lord calls me home.

8. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I remember very well as a young man my mother asking me when I left the house, "Did you put on clean underwear? You can never tell when you may have to go to the hospital." Well I have been in the hospital numerous times and no one yet has checked my drawers to see if they were clean or not.

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Berean-----if you have a nappy pair of underwear on going into the ER----the nurses there ain't gonna tell YOU "OHHH--you got on some nasty drawers!! Why you ain't changed before you come in here???"

They won't say nothing to YOU about it----but it WILL make good "Cannon Fodder" for when the nurses take a break and start chit chattin' in their lounge!!!

:laugh::laugh:

10. Pleasant_Bill

Pleasant_Bill New Member

There's only one way to ensure no 'sketchy' marks in your drawers...........Scotch Guard.

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Well YUCK! What adult gets those in their undies anywhere? WIPE, people! It's called having good hygiene.

However, what's the difference if there's an accident? You're probably gonna be so stressed that you'll mess 'em up anyhow.

Spiritually speaking, we'll never be perfect and that's depressing, but knowing that we're perfected in Christ is a giant relief. I don't think that when looking at us through Jesus, we'll be seen as imperfect or dirty at all. If so, what was the point of the cross?