1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Discerning the Kingdom of Light vs the Kingdom of Darkness

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Calypsis4, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

2. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Inspector:

Like I suggested: you, sir are obssessed with correcting others. Especially pastors like me....

never mind the fact that the Bible says, ¶ Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren.

You've done the exact opposite.

Bye. We're done here.:thumbsup:

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And with this little comment, the Skeptical Flag is raised.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep:thumbsup:

5. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, yes, we need to be skeptical about one who uselessly criticizes someone who is only trying to be a help to others. Thank the Lord there have been a few here.:)

#25 Calypsis4, May 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whooow who is it that asked you to come here and be "a help"?

7. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Pretty soon you aren't going to have anyone left to talk to!

:thumbsup:

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I question your authenticity because you played the "Pastor Card".

9. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Calypsis4;

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. matt wade

I'm glad someone else finds his absurdities as funny as I do!

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Inspector Javert;

:laugh:

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::eek::rolleyes::laugh:

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbsup::wavey::thumbsup:

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh:the skin on their faces and arms began to be supernaturally stretched towards each other as if they had just become human magnets

:laugh::laugh:this is rich! GOOD THING HE IS HELPING US

15. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Someone has been taking Daniel Peretti's fiction series, Piercing the Darkness a little to seriously and also needs to toss out the Neil Anderson books.

16. matt wade

This guy is straight up living in an exorcist movie!

"A few years later I was sitting in the living room with my family here at home and suddenly my youngest (13 yr old) daughter started acting strangely. Soon she was making faces at me and that was disturbing, but not nearly as disturbing as it was when her face transformed before me: her bottom lip went clear down to her chin and her upper lip was touching her nose and I could see every tooth in her head. She started mocking me and when I demanded to know what spirit had control of her the evil spirit spoke through her and said, "Neverending Story...does that tell you anything?" That night I had to cast a number of devils out of my girls life. I was surprised by the number of them but each of them was related to one of the characters in that movie. I was stunned when one of the devils shouted at me, "We've been in her a long time, preacher, and you didn't even know it!""

17. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

18. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another useless comment by yet another poster who is trying to derail the topic of this thread. The subject here is not Calypsis4's obsession; the subject is discerning the Kingdom of Light from the Kingdom of Darkness and I am only willing to discuss such things with those who are truly curious about such matters. The rest will be ignored.

P.S. Who pray tell is 'Daniel Peretti'? I have never read Neil Anderson.

Proverbs 18:13 ¶ He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

Now, moving on...

19. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Peretti is a charismatic author of numerous books where demons are caricaturized. I read some of his work when I first got saved, because I was an avid reader and tried to stick with books by Christian authors. Some of it is kind of hokey, though he has a few that are more serious.

Personally I don't get too involved in researching the demonic. I prefer to go on the offensive against them through a doctrinal path, as I believe they (demons) are precisely our enemies when dealing with false doctrine. While demons are a reality ridiculed by many today, I have a pretty simple "formula" for dealing with every issue: focus on the genuine. Demonology is an important subject, but we have to concentrate on what is genuine before addressing what is not, the case here being holy as opposed to unholy. So I focus mainly on Christology and Soteriology and most subjects fall under these, even demons.

I did watch that movie about the cop in New York, I think it was. It interests me when things like that are supposed to be based on real events. I have no doubts that there are those that interact with demons as it was presented in the movie. The trend today is to dismiss everything as not being supernatural, but there are those that have seen things most will not, and even if they did, would not discern what they were witnessing due to unbelief.

God bless.

#39 Darrell C, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  20. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Concerning J.R.R. Tolkien who wrote 'The Lord of the Rings' he was a member of a small coffee shop group called The Inklings. They met regularly at the Eagle & the Child and spent countless hours discussing literature and philosophy from the early 1930' to late 1949.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e8/Birdandbaby.jpg/220px-Birdandbaby.jpg

The group included Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Owen Barfield, and Charles Williams. Tolkein (a mystic Catholic) was friends with Lewis (a protestant) and they influenced each other in their ideas about life, good vs evil, and theology. It was from this gathering at the Eagle and the Child that the ideas for such classic fiction/fantasy novels like The Lord of the Rings & The Chronicles of Narnia were born. The problem is that there was an unnoticed evil influence in the group and that influence profoundly affected them as is seen in how the writers mixed good with evil (i.e. the use of magic to battle evil and the use of demonic characters who were looked upon as good).

[​IMG]

The evil influence in the group found its source in Charles Williams, a man whom C.S. Lewis adored. What they did not know through all those years was the fact that Williams was a member of the Rosicrucians, a mystical group that practiced astral projection. He was also a member of the Golden Dawn, the same group that Aliester Crowley ('the great beast 666' as he called himself) was a member of. Williams was involved in black magic and he had a
    profound influence on Lewis in particular.

Excerpts from*The Inklings: C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Charles Williams and their friends*by
    Humphrey Carpenter

*(Boston: Houghton Mifflin Co., 1979), pages 80-84.

"...a fundamental element in Charles Williams’s character, the thing that he was trying to express when he told a friend: ‘At bottom a darkness has always haunted me.’ What was this darkness? ...
    "...by the time he was in his late twenties he was making some study of the beliefs and practices of that semi-magical branch of Christianity known as*Rosicrucianism.*[An occult system using a blend of Egyptian and Christian symbols]*During this period he read books by the Rosicrucian writer A. E. Waite; he entered into correspondence with Waite, and at Waite’s invitation was initiated (in 1917) into an organization called the*Order of the Golden Dawn....
    "Among its first initiates was a coroner who allegedly performed*necromantic*rites... while another early member was*black magician Aleister Crowley, the self styled Great Beast.... But the*Order of the Golden Dawnalso included persons of less outlandish ways, such as*W. B. Yeats, whom Williams met during the period of his membership, one or two clergy with a taste for the mystical, and A. E. Waite himself....* It was this group that Williams joined.
    "As a neophyte aspiring to be initiated into the Golden Dawn he would apparently have had to declare: ‘My soul... seeking for the Light of Occult Knowledge...*[I chose not to include this oath].’ He also had to take an oath to keep the rites secret, on penalty of a ‘hostile current’ which would be set against him if he broke faith.... Probably they were harmless enough*[they were*not harmless], based as they seem to have been on*Waite’s enthusiasms for freemasonry, vaguely Christian mysticism, and*Rosicrucianism, a system of occult beliefs which combines the symbolism of Christianity with the terminology of*alchemy...."*[This is a demonic counterfeit of Christianity, yet it seems to be influencing the church through the popularity of mysticism, spiritual experience, and postmodern disinterest in God's unchanging Word]
    "Waite’s own explanation of Rosicrucianism comes as near to lucidity as does any account of this opaque subject: ‘The Cross is the sign or symbol... of the*Brotherhood*in its inward dedication, of pure*mystical wisdom. Its red colour represents the mystical and divine blood of Christ.... There is placed in its centre a Rose 'of the colour of Blood' to indicate the work of Sacred and Divine*Alchemy...’"*(A. E. Waite, The Brotherhood of the Rosy Cross (William Rider,1924), pp. 107—8.)...
    "Certainly membership of the Golden Dawn involved the performance of rituals, which*Williams, with his love of rite and ceremony, entered into wholeheartedly...* he had always taken care to*learn by heart the wordsof any Golden Dawn rite.... There does not seem to have been anything in Waite’s ‘temple’ of the Golden Dawn which was opposed to Christianity.*[Everything there opposed Christianity!]**Indeed Waite, who had been brought up a Catholic, believed its practices to be part of what he called the ‘Secret Tradition’ of Christianity, the tradition that besides the overt meaning of Christian doctrine there is also a hidden series of truths revealed only to an elect few. Waite remarked of this*gnostic tradition, and apparently of his ‘temple’... ‘It is not in competition with the external Christian Churches....'* Waite also made a special study of talismans and of the*Tarot cards.... These and other*details of occult knowledge*were to play a major part in Williams’s novels."

http://www.crossroad.to/heaven/Excerpts/books/lewis/inklings-williams.htm

This explains why there is so much confusion in the biblical Christian world as it concerns the boundaries of good vs evil...or even WHAT is actually good vs evil. Lewis portrayed certain characters as 'good' like the Pan character, Mr. Tumnus. Pan, the satyr, however is a symbol of Satan and satyrs are condemned in the Bible.

Isaiah 13:21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there

https://bittenbythelitbug.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/mr-tumnus1.jpg

Hmm, why would God condemn something that doesn't exist? But there are millions of Christians who deny that such creatures exist.

By the way, this is direct scriptural proof that devils can become physical. Pan devils were known to show up at the ancient Greek bachanalia that always featured an orge with music, dancing, and physical unions between the pan devils and humans.

Such things still happen even in our day. Example: The yearly Ballo del Doge in Venice, Italy at the beginning of spring. It is the Italian Mardi Gra and devils combine with humans to tempt them, deceive them, and mate with them.

View this if you think you can stomach it, but be warned it is awful. From the Ballo del Doge 2010 banquet entitled Seven Dreams, Seven Sins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INY0bQ4ozo0

Some of the participants in that recording were actual devils.

#40 Calypsis4, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.