1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Discerning the Kingdom of Light vs the Kingdom of Darkness

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Calypsis4, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the primary point is...that's about all there is now.

Nobody, I mean nobody...can find any fault with Leave it to Beaver, lol.

Or Andy Griffith, for that matter (a personal hero of mine).

Andy would have locked Harry Callahan up, but would have probably made sure Aunt Bea fed him well and probably would have let him out for the Sunday service.

God bless.

2. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't even go there, friend. I taught English grammar years ago and I know when there is or is not more then one possible meaning to a sentence.

You said, "...you've just lost credibility." So by that statement how can one tell just how much credibility I have lost in your opinion? Such a statement without further information is impossible to discern. You did not make yourself clear.

But I can assume I have at least 1% credibility with you because you are still asking questions. So I will be kind enough to answer.

They are supernaturally transformed from the spirit realm into the physical one just like Satan did when He tried to tempt Jesus. And... just like the angels are sometimes transformed into the physical and appear to men on occasion;

Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Secondly, your reply that the dancing satyrs of Isaiah 13:21 is sort of ridiculous. Why? Well, look at what the rest of the verse in context (vss 19-21) to the subject for it tells us:

¶ And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

Everything in that prophecy has been fufilled to the letter...literally--- historically. Yet because of your personal prejudices contrary to what I have stated you arbitrarily declare that the satyrs are nothing more than shaggy goats AND that the dancing part was a metaphor. By what rule of hermenuetics do you justify taking such a position? Furthermore, why would all the rest of the prophecy be literal but that one point (satyrs) is not literal, but a metaphor? That is terribly inconsistent. You have some explaining to do.

3. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very legitimate questions, Mr. Moderator. It isn't always easy to know just where to draw the line but that is why we need Holy Spirit discernment more than ever and the biggest reason why I started this thread.

4. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. But the context of Isaiah 13:21 demands a literal interpretation for there is no such thing as 'dancing goats'. Furthermore the prophecy of Isaiah 13 in context reveals that every other detail about the fall of Babylon has been literal and historical. So it is not right to arbitrarily declare that just one small part of that prophecy (satyrs dancing) is not literal and therefore a metaphor.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's clear. If I would have meant to say NO credibility I would have said so. What do you want me to say? You've lost SOME credibility? You've lost 37.4% of your credibility?

So far as I know (and I haven't studied it as much as you have) demons always need a vessel to inhabit--a person or an animal--or in another case they left their natural habitat and came to earth but are now enchained (Jude). We see this with the swine that Jesus caused the legion of demons to inhabit and drown in the sea. We see this with people that are possessed. Demons ARE spirits and they need a body to possess. There is no instance in scripture when demons could form a body from their spirit (that I know of).

Yes, Satan can appear as an angel of light. But the Bible never says that Satan was transformed from a spirit to a body in the stories of the temptation of Jesus. So where in scripture do demons take on bodily form?

Read any recent translation besides the KJV. They translate the word as "goat".

And wild goats will caper there. [NKJV]
    there the wild goats will leap about. [NIV]
    and shaggy goats will frolic there.[NASB]
    and there wild goats will dance. [ESV]
    and wild goats will leap about.[HCSB]
    and wild goats will go there to dance. [NLT]

I said the "dancing" was a metaphor. Here's that reading comprehension problem again. I never said the satyr was a metaphor, I said it was a goat. This problem is exacerbated because you yourself said my statement was "the dancing part" was a metaphor, just in your previous post. Goats don't "dance". They leap, caper, romp, gambol, cavort, prance, frolic, hop, jump, or rollick. When you assign an anthropomorphic trait to them, then they can be said to "dance".

6. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That truly would have helped, but you should have stopped right there and leave off the % stuff. But we are going to put an end to this confusion very shortly and I will indeed move on and leave behind this waste of time you created for both of us.

Good grief. I gave you the scriptures and examples from the scriptures and you still don't get it. Well, O.K.

Jesus resurrection body, was a spirit body. Satan did the same thing at the temptation. Your rationalizations aren't helping you a bit.

Dancing goats, right?:thumbsup: Just because you arbitrarily decide that that part of a prophecy that was and is historically fulfilled literally is a metaphor. THAT ONE AND ONLY PART...while all the rest is literal.And you call that logical? Consistent?

Oh, you mean from all those corrupt translations as done by eevan-jelly-cul thee-o-logians:thumbs: who are equally unbelieving on this matter as you are? Why not therefore appeal to the NWT of Jehovah's Witnesses? It is a dishonest conclusion based on fear of the reality that I have presented here. AND, I am by no means alone in that assessment.

You are nit-picking in order to escape the reality of this matter. But neither you nor anyone else will escape it.

I am going to remind you one last time that I have personally seen females attacked by demonic spirits.....sexually. One woman I helped bounced up and down off her bed repeatedly and involuntarily just as what was portrayed in that demonic movieThe Exorcist. She was forced into wild sexual gyrations right in front of myself, her husband, and one of my fellow counselors. It was among the ugliest and most horrendous things I have ever seen. So......I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU nor any other critic of this position. But the Bible is clear enough and it is clear you don't really like what it says...hence, the rationalizations.

We are done on this issue.

7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I would not be dogmatic and reject an interpretation that demons are referenced here, I would point out that we see the word translated as "dance" used here:

Psalm 29:5-6

King James Version (KJV)

5 The voice of the Lord breaketh the cedars; yea, the Lord breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.

6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.

Not so much a metaphor or figurative speech, simply maintaining a context that the land is uninhabited by people.

We see a similar statement here which parallels, I believe, what is in view in Isaiah:

Revelation 18:2

King James Version (KJV)

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

And there is no mistaking the intention of this verse.

God bless.

8. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks again. You make your points well.

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I appreciate that. We often feel that every discussion has to be adversarial, when in truth open discussion is a great way for us to draw from the ministry of the Spirit of God in our brethren. Because we are each unique and likely led in various ways and methods of study, when we compile that which God has shown us we become stronger and as a unified front we can go out there and kick in the Gates of Hell, lol.

Do you visit many forums, if you don't mind me asking?

God bless.

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Show me where Satan was said to have a spirit body. Chapter and verse.

Once again you are having trouble reading. The satyrs in Isaiah 13 are goats, literal goats, shaggy goats, alive and kicking. Their motions are described as being dancing, which is not literal. That's a human property being assigned to their actions.

Oh boy. KJV-only?

No. So in the instance of this woman being raped, did the demon have a body, one that was visible?

#70 InTheLight, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  11. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am currently a member of Online Baptist and Evolution Fairytale Fourm where I have regularly posted since 2009. What is so interesting is that if the critics here had known what I have been posting in the last few years they could just as easily conclude that I am 'obsessed' with the creation vs evolution issue or the Pre-trib, Pre-mill issue.

Oh, well. That goes with the territory I suppose.:godisgood:

Best wishes and God bless you.

12. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't I tell you that we were finished with this? You apparently don't respect the wishes of those who differ with your prejudices, do you? I must have touched a sensitive nerve or something, but I assure you this is the last you have heard from me on this subject.

I erased what I had posted for it is useless to try to convince someone who doesn't want the real truth to begin with.

#72 Calypsis4, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typical Charismatic non sense if you do not agree with them or sit at their feet to learn they dismiss you.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In order to have a body he must possess it.
    In the NT he entered into Judas and then used Judas for his own devious means.
    In the future he will enter into that man who will be the Antichrist.

The man in the Gadarenes was called "Legion" for he had many demons (Mark 5:9).
    When Jesus cast the demons out they went into a nearby heard of swine. The swine went mad and ran headlong off of a cliff. Mark 9:13 says that the number of swine were 2,000. There could have been as many as 2,000 demons. Robertson says that a full legion of soldiers is about 6,000. Either way it was a lot of demons that inhabited that man, and then went and inhabited those swine.

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A simple verse is all I asked. I re-read all 3 instances in the Bible where Jesus was tempted and I didn't see any mention of Satan being a spirit. Maybe those verses have been removed from the newer translations? Dunno...

16. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Just for clarification, when Isaiah wrote about 'satyrs,' he was writing about the demon satyrs, even though other translations describe the same verse using goats or wild goats...

Does that mean that when Isaiah wrote about 'unicorns' that he was writing about the actual mythical creature?

17. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me take that a step further, dear friend. Some people were (and are today) the offspring of devils. Judas was. Evidence:

Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? John 6:70

διάβολος diabolos, dee-ab'-ol-os

from 1225; a traducer; specially, Satan (compare 7854):--false accuser, devil, slanderer.

I would like to know why that statement is anything less than literal in light of the biblical fact that Judas is the only other character in the entire Bible besides the Antichrist himself that is referred to as 'the son of perdition'?

Joh 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2Th 2:3 ¶ Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

I think that Antichrist, being the counterfeit and exact opposite to Jesus Christ will likewise have a miraculous birth; with a human mother but not a human father: Satan. What biblical reason would prevent this from being true?

18. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know that they were mythical creatures?

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you will find that some, since they are not really sure about what it is they believe, take offense when someone presumes to think he does, lol.

Best to keep it doctrinal, and you will see the peanut gallery will eventually run back into the bushes.

Thanks for the tip, I may check those out as a new campaign effort. Many atheists there (primarily Evolution Fairytale Forum)? That name is a goad to be sure to evolutionists, theistic or no.

God bless.

20. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I gave you scripture and you deliberately twisted it and you dissed the classic definition from Strongs. I described to you in some details what I and my fellow counselors have experienced and you don't accept that either.

So why continue to discuss things with someone who rationalizes away the truth no matter what? Why waste all the time and effort to persuade anyone who only wishes to deny a reality they don't like?

Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?John 6:70

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.