1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Discerning the Kingdom of Light vs the Kingdom of Darkness

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Calypsis4, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Age notwithstanding, I've seen small people toss around much larger people. Even seen young children take down adults. Not to say I'm questioning your pastor's story. Just saying that I've seen physical incidents like that.

I've explained it several times in other threads, but I'll send you a PM instead of risking a full derailment of this thread.

2. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So 'Let everything be established in the mouth of two or three witnesses' means nothing to you. Right?

Six years ago, I brought my witnesses, video recordings, photos of supernatural occurrences besides my own experiences on the Fundamentalist Forum....and the results? Despite the scriptures, the personal testimonies, video recorded acounts and all the evidence that would be required to win in any court of law, 95% of those hard-headed Baptists turned thumbs down on all we said and arbitrarily declared us liars and heretics. I had 14 witnesses, five of whom went on FF to testify but it didn't make one bit of difference to them.

So your attitude is........Oh, what a surprise!:laugh:

#102 Calypsis4, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  3. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I take it then you don't believe that multiple people can create a lie and tell it...is that not something "established in the mouth" of witnesses? If no one else was there, who is to disagree with them.

Right, so if we don't agree with you then we're accusatory and false...Rev was right, you're displaying some nice charismatic arrogance.

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That moment when you wonder how you ended up as a member of a board where the existence of unicorns was being seriously contested.

5. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the EVP recordings, photos, and videos we made of the supernatural in action? Would you suggest we faked them...all 15 of us?

Twenty witnesses from UCLA were there with Dr. Kerry Gaynor to see the supernatural activity in the home of the California woman who was raped by a spirit. Yet when they returned to the campus and reported their experiences the leadership of the college they outright rejected everything they said. It didn't matter to them that there were 20 people who saw the same things together; it was beyond what their minds could handle.Likewise is the same feeling among the skeptics on this thread and a few others where such things have been discussed.

But I can live without their/your approval in such matters. I am not here to convince the critics, because I only wish to help and/or encourge those who have had similar experiences and that they are not the only ones who have such awful things happen to them. Despite the utter rejection from the majority of the posters on the FF in 09, we were in fact able to help a few people.

Truth is truth whether a man believes the truth or not. I told you the truth and if I said anything less then I would be a liar.

Now let's put an end to this.

Best wishes.

P.S. I am not a charismatic. I am anti-charismatic.

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Give us videos of the supernatural, or shut up.

EVP recordings? Just plain stupid.

Will you give full disclosure to the folks here and let them know that you have been posting these stories on Internet forums for years? In an earlier post you say you participated in other forums, but acted as if you didn't bring up these outrageous claims. A simple google search of your screen name shows you've participated all over the place, including "unexplained-mysteries.com".

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And centaurs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

8. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now we've gone from "Scholars," to "a few Greek Scholars," to..."the knowledgeable men on BB."

God bless.

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We're talking about a small girl picking up and throwing a large man. Not a small person throwing a large one.

We also hear about people on certain drugs like PCP having incredible strength. Personally, believing that drug use is a gateway to possession, I would credit demons, not the drugs, with that supernatural strength.

In normal issues of strength, it is foolish to either think small means weak or that large means strong, anyone having done roofing or known roofers' strength understands that.

And I appreciate that, but it is relevant in that MacArthur is one who has witnessed and been part of demon possession.

Incidentally, I remember years ago hearing John Hagee recount that he went to a woman's house by himself to cast out a demon and the only thing I could think of was "Why in the world would you go, alone, to a woman's house." Just seemed improper to me.

God bless.

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People held dragons as mythical beasts yet today we understand that large reptilian creatures did once roam the earth.

Is the existence of a horned horse something so hard to imagine? It could be that at some point a mutated species or specimen gave rise to the creature.

A magical quality, like fire breathing in dragons, is just part of the "mythology," but it's not really known which animal is in view which unicorn is used to describe.

It would seem, from the references, that it was an untamed and powerful beast, not a bullock, and used in a sense of power.

God bless.

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would you suspect he doesn't understand the creation of a lie, and assume that is what he has done?

Think about what you're saying here, lol.

God bless.

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you give a link where you found him on this forum?

And I would be curious as to what authorizes you to dismiss what others believe are evidence of the supernatural, and why you seem to be so opposed to it? You are a scientist?

God bless.

13. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would be willing to do that privately for those who have at least a good attitude about these matters but not for him and several others I've put on ignore. The reason is because they have their minds shut down tightly with fearful prejudice and nothing they are confronted with will change their minds.

I learned a long time ago that if the lies of doctrinal heresy have been accepted with emotional roots to it then there isn't anything that can be revealed to them that will change that....from scripture or otherwise.

The FF I previously referred to is called the Fighting Fundamentalist forum and the discussions took place in 2008 and 2009. But after we were kicked off that website I prayed that the Lord would shut it down because the lies, gossip, and hate that was found there was extremely bad. A short time later the FF came to disuse and it is just hanging there now and largely ignored. The archives of the site however, just might still be in use. The new website that took it's place, the FFF does not have the account that I mentioned. The other time I brought out our testimony is found on Unexplained Mysteries and if I remember correctly it was 2010 or 2011.

Best wishes.

#113 Calypsis4, May 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Send me the link, I would be curious to take a look.

As far as putting people on ignore, I recommend against that. We need to give answers for everything, right? It is true seem to be impossible to get through to, because they will not address the issues, or respond to simple questions and points. But keep at it and let them put you on ignore if necessary. And that's just an opinion, I don't feel comfortable putting people on ignore.

God bless.

15. matt wade

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=145244&st=0

What authorizes me to dismiss it? Common sense.

I'll gladly publicly apologize if he provides the video evidence he is supposed to have.

16. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd be glad to send you a PM after church today.

Best wishes and God.

17. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I only read the first two pages I don't see common sense as a determiner here. What I do see is rejection of the story, which is understandable, but the pictures are no longer available.

I also see the same rejection in some of the members here, which while it lacks the cursing that some of these people throw in, who are Christ rejecting atheists it seems, I would have to actually see the photos myself.

So the point would be that if you are correct in your view that he is making this up, it is strange that his temperament is better than the reaction of several here.

When you see the video, then perhaps you might be able to give an informed opinion.

God bless.

18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Look forward to it.

Have a blessed Lord's Day.

Me, I woke up with a toothache, lol, and have been up since 3:30 or so.

God bless.

19. matt wade

I'll reject his absurdities for whatever reason I wish, thank you. If you believe his stories then you are just as far out in left field as he is.

20. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have at it.

I reserve my judgment until I have something to actually judge.

God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.