1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Discipling people

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jun 16, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This one guy in church I have come to like and help. He is kinda unique but he loves God, desires to serve him and such. I got him a book and some tracts to help him evangelize. He did not come from a IFB background and has an open mind. Discipling someone takes two parties but he may be a good candidate for this. Perhaps I should go to lunch with him. Got any suggestions? I will pay for lunch and just be concerned about him. More suggestions?

Have you read multiply by Francis Chan?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No need for more books Evan - just go and be with this man. Ask him where he's at in his walk with the Lord and how you can help him. Maybe read a book of the Bible together. Memorize Scripture together. Pray together. It's a wonderful ministry to pour into someone else's life!

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I plan to do this. Yes correct I have too many books and won't be buying anymore unless required of a church class or until I finish books.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember that we are called to make disciples of Jesus, not ourselves!

have him seek out his gifts, his might n ot been in evangelism!

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Put Mt. 28:19, 20 into practice. ". . .teaching them to observe all that I commanded you . . ." Jesus did not just give words but came along His disciples and helped them to follow Him.