1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Discouraging 2

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Jan 27, 2013.

1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RLBosley recently shared his concerns in a thread entitled "Discouraging" when referring to this forum.

Being a layman, it appears to me that all this upset and anger over Theological Points raised by the various factions who contribute here..., does in fact come across as very "Discouraging".

When a person goes into a court of law usually what happens is the attorneys end up arguing Points of Law while ones innocence or guilt falls by the wayside. Common sense flees the court room and on way too many occasions, juries are left to make a decision without having access to all the facts, available information, etc. Sometimes a good jury will see through all the nonsense but alas, most jury members want to be home by suppertime.

It also appears to me that "Religion" is the following of laws, rules, regulations and customs mandated by that specific "Religious Governing Body".

Christianity on the other hand is "Following The Teachings of Christ".

Quite a distinction, no?

As it is in court, the talking heads on a forum such as this one end up arguing "Points of Theology" which really doesn't amount to a hill of beans when it comes to preaching the Word and Following The Teachings of Christ.

...not to mention all these divisions regarding Theology ends up creating splinter groups under the heading of Baptist..., which to me, is the ground work for "Religion".

Theology is defined by a worldly dictionary as, "the field of study and analysis that treats of God and of God's attributes and relations to the universe; study of divine things or religious truth; divinity."

Focus on Jesus folks. Leave these public "theology" arguments alone and focus specifically on Jesus as to the younger Christians, it's all quite "Discouraging" indeed.

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm all for correct doctrine, but I'm a layman with what could probably called a simpler faith than many here.

Though I can't say that I find them discouraging, I tend to avoid discussions about the various "-isms" in the Theology Section. There seem to be a few there who appear to be less interested in helping others understand concepts than proving a superior knowledge of theology. It's as if all they want to do is argue for its own sake.

3. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Arbo, for those who want to argue the "various "-isms"" perhaps the need to go rent a Hockey Rink for the weekend and let the fight(s) begin.