1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dishonest handling of God's Word

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by The Biblicist, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There is a reoccuring habit among many of the posters that contributes to simply dishonest handling of the scriptures. I call it ESCAPISM.
    It is the habit of FLEEING the immediate context of any given text IF the facts of the immediate context condemn their intepretation. This turns into an endless cycle because when you follow them to where they escape they do the exact same thing again when the immediate context condemns their interpretation of the text they fled to.
    Proper exegesis deals and defines a text by its immediate context FIRST and only when the immediate context does not provide SUFFICIENT data to do that, then and only then do we then proceed to a WIDER Biblical context where the same subject matter is discussed.
    If this principle is not followed, then what follows is a never ending JUMP and PIT cycle or what I call ESCAPISM so that no context is fairly dealt with.
    These same posters practice other eisgetical methods such as pitting scripture against scripture, pitting parables/spiritualizations against precepts and principles. These things are the NORM for a few on this forum and they know who they are.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes....we know who they are also:laugh::laugh::laugh:

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Yes, we know Dr. Obvious! (intended humor) :type: :thumbsup: :laugh: :laugh:

4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

[attack snipped]

#4 Robert Snow, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
  5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This thread is funny coming from The Eisegesist.

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

An example please?

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Example where I have done this please?

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can dishonesty not be done deliberately?!

9. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

You mean a Calvinist can't figure out how something can be dishonest and yet determined at the same time? :smilewinkgrin::rolleyes:

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

The doctrine of Calvinism is dishonest when it comes to the Bible, thanks to that gnostic Augustine. Those who fall into it's trap do not do so deliberately. They are usually lured there by well meaning, albeit wrong teachers and preachers.

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Stay with the OP! Again, an example please where I have violated the rule stated in the OP. You did charge that every single one who holds to Calvinism is guilty of violating this rule - example where I have done this please or recant your universal charge.

12. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I will recant nothing!

13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Then stop lying because what you are claiming is a lie which you cannot demonstrate. Either give an example where I have been guilty of your claim or recant your claim because it is a self-evident lie if you can't support it.

14. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Are you unable to read? I stand by what I said.

I will not waste time proving what any student of the Bible should know, Calvinism is grounded in gnosticism introduced by Augustine.

It is obvious that anything I post will not be believed by you or those who agree with you. Therefore, I will not waste my time. If you want to think I am a liar, I really don't care.

15. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Neither I or anyone on this forum quotes Ausgustine or his sources. We quote scripture period and provide unanswerable exegetical based facts. You guys run from my exegetical exposition of Romans 8:7-8. I cannot get any of you to simply deal with EXEGETICAL FACTS of the text. The same is true concerning my thread on Romans 7:15-25. No Augustinian quotations, gnostic sources but PURE UNDEFILED BIBLE GRAMMAR AND CONTEXT. So stop your lying.

16. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You expect too much. Really, though, what should we expect from those who only argue from their indoctrination?

The Archangel

17. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Yeah, but he full well knows he is being dishonest because he can't even supply an example and yet demand a universal application. That is simple dishonesty.

In contrast I give him TWO examples on this forum, TWO THREADS that demonstrate he is lying. No honesty, no objectivity which are both traits of a "seared conscience."

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Then back up your charge with Scripture or bow out of the discussion.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That's like saying all non-Cals have their doctrine based in the doctrine of the Albigenses (some of which is aberrant).
    Prove your case that this is true of today's Calvinists.

20. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Thank You DHK...!!:applause::applause:

Well C'mon RS.... help us out by actually proving what you protest and say that we do. DHK and I clash on several topics and yet he always man's up and makes a scriptural case for his point of view.
    If anything...DHK would probably like to see you succeed in your quest.

if you make a valid case, we might disagree, but you might be surprised to find biblical agreement on more than you think. TRY using some scripture RS it might be good for your soul:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.