1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dispensational Bible church

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by andy, Dec 22, 2003.

1. andy

andy New Member

If a person is a graduate of dallas theological seminary, and is the pastor of a dispensational bible church, does that mean that he cannot post on the baptist board? The Bible Church Pastor has pretty much the same statement of faith as the fundamental baptist. The Bible church pastor believes that Christ died for all men, eternal security, pretrib, premill, pentecostal gifts not for today, believers baptism etc. This "you have to be a baptist" to post on the board is ridiculous. I spent every sunday from the age of 13 to 23 in a fundamental baptist church. You would think that my 10 LONG years in fundamental baptist circles would be recognized. Let us say that a person trusts christ as her saviour. She has never even seen a Bible before but joins a baptist church. This all took place last week. She is allowed to post on the baptist board as a baby christian. I spent 5 years in fundamental baptist junior and senior high schools, am a graduate of a christian college and have 800 theology books in my library. I am not allowed to post because I am not a member of a baptist church at the present time!!This "current Baptist only" rule is nonsense.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

If he is not a Baptist, then yes, that is what it means. It seems pretty self-explanatory doesn't it??

Then he ought to be a Baptist.

I don't think there is anything stopping you from starting your own board where you can set up the rules as you wish. However, since this is not your board, what you think is ridiculous or nonsense doesn't matter. It is the Webmaster's board and it is appropriate for you to take up your disagreements with him, not here in the public forum.

3. aefting

aefting New Member

You are allowed to post, just not in the "Baptist Only" sections. Go to the "All Christians" forums and have at it! Maybe you could start a thread about why you are now a Luthern even though you grew up in IFB circles.

Andy

4. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about Dr. Bob? Didn't he preach at an Evangelical Free church for awhile? Still? I know he considers himself a Baptist, but he still did not attend or even pastor a Baptist church, correct?

Jason

5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually Andy, you pose a good question.

Many churches are choosing to drop the "Baptist" portion of their name in favor of a more culturally acceptable "Bible Church or Community Church" designation. They are "Baptistic" in their beliefs while not actually being called a Baptist Church.

If it looks Baptist, sounds Baptist, tastes Baptist, is it Baptist?

I'm not sure what the moderators would say about that.

Rob

6. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "We are just like baptist, we just don't use the term"
    I hate that statement, if your baptist in theology, be baptist in name, is that such a HUGE leap!!?!
    For the record, you don't have to be dispensational to be baptist, many are not

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As it has been previously noted, this thread has been started by a member not authorized to post in this forum. I am therefore closing this thread.