1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dispensationalism/Covenant Theology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Calvibaptist, Mar 3, 2006.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Don't think much of yourself Me4Him: Thinking you can give new meaning to Scripture. But I suppose dispensationalists have been doing that since Darby/Scofield.:thumbs: :thumbs:

2. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Who does this Israel and Judah represent??

Jer 3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Jer 3:11 And the LORD said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.

Jer 3:12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, (northern tribes) and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.

Jer 3:18 In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel,

Eze 37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel (Gentile Church) his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, (JEWS) and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

Ge 48:19 And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

Ge 48:20 and he set Ephraim before Manasseh.

Do you know anything about "prefigures/foreshadows"????

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Let's see a figure [Physical that is.] causes a shadow so I guess a prefigure causes a foreshadow???:thumbs: :thumbs: :applause: :applause: