1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dispensations

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by J. Jump, Jul 9, 2006.

1. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Nope...everyone is saved by grace through faith apart from works. It's just the faith part is different for different dispensations. God told Israel that the blood of animals would suffice. But God tells us that the Blood of Christ is the only thing that will suffice now.

It's still grace through faith for Israel of old.

Ituttut what are you talking about? I haven't changed my tune. This is what I've always stated.

There is only one God, so only one grace that saves. Now if you are saying that the gospel is equated to faith then I would agree that there is more than one gospel there were actually more than two.

But the simple fact of the matter is the statement by grace through faith is the general sense in which everyone throughout history is saved. It is just that the faith part has differed in different dispensations.

I think we have been saying the same thing just using different terminology, but I have never wavered as you suggest.

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by J. Jump
    Israel is the wife of the Father and therefore can not be the bride of Christ.

Now Ituttut why do you, in the first paragraph, say that Israel is the wife of God (Father) and then turn around in the second paragraph and speak of Israel as the wife of the Son?

It's not both in the way Scripture lays matters out. The Father has a wife Israel, and the Son will have a wife in faithful overcoming Christians.

Not directly, but indirectly yes, because the same offer that was open to Israel (which they rejected) is now open to the one new man in Christ, the church.

That was true at that point in time, but the offer of the kingdom was taken away from Israel and offered to a new nation.

Therefore what was said in the Gospel accounts in regard to the kingdom is now relevant to us, if we accept the offer that was made originally to Israel.

But in Christ we are the seed of Abraham. We are the spiritual seed that he was promised and that Israel was supposed to be, but chose not to be.