1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Distance Learning Degree/Online Recommendations

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by bproulx12, Feb 11, 2007.

1. bproulx12

bproulx12 New Member

Hi, 1st post. I am a 40 something, retired 26 year Navy living in Florida. Have a Family. Do not want to uproot the family to attend a Univeristy/College on Campus. I am looking for a good gnline accredited School to pursue a Undergraduate Degree in Biblical/Theology Studies. Would like to ask for input.

Thanks!

#1 bproulx12, Feb 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2007
  2. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    On line degrees

Hey brother,

Welcome to the Bb.

I am teaching for Liberty on line just now, Church History, and they may have a completely on line degree.

Some of the Bb brothers should be able to let us know if they do or not.

Once again welcome.

sdg!:laugh:

rd

3. mjohnson7

mjohnson7 Member

bproulx12,

As rhetorician mentioned, Liberty University has good online BS in Religion....I could tell you more about Liberty in particular because I am an alumnus. If you have any questions that I could help you with PM me.

However, Liberty is not the only school with a quality distance program in Bible. Moody Bible Institute, Luther Rice University, Southern Evangelical Bible College, and Tennessee Temple University all (I believe) have undergraduate programs in Bible that can be earned through distance education. Some may require a coulple "one week modules" on campus. All of these schools are accredited and have reputable programs.

There are a lot of options for you. God bless you as your pursue the Lord's will for your life.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi!

Along with Rhetorician and Mjohnson I would recommend Liberty University. They have a wonderful distance education program. I know because I earned my MA/Religion through Liberty's distance education program.

You can check out Liberty's Bachelor of Science in Religion degree here
    Admissions information can be found here.

Luther Rice University also has a good program. Luther Rice offers a Bachelor of Arts in Religion degree. Information can be found here. Luther Rice Admissions can be found here.

Hope this helps and may the Lord richly bless your studies!

5. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Distance degree

I can recommend Southern Evangelical Bible College (and seminary, if you want to continue). Check it out at www.ses.edu

I am attending SES via extension, from home. I too am a 40-something, with family and a job, living in Texas, and can't uproot the family. But SES provides a very rigorous program. I'm not sure exactly how the other schools work, but SES video records the class lectures, and sends them out on DVD and MP3 files. Then us external students do the class assignments and send them in to the school. So we get the EXACT SAME class lectures and assignments as the people on campus. Accredited, rigorous, and conservative.

6. Chad Whiteley

Chad Whiteley Member

Central Baptist College will begin a new online degree in Leadership and Ministry in the fall for Christian leaders. They have been offering it on campus through an accelerated degree format, but it is now being offered online. CBC is a great Baptist school, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Also, you can check out my school, Colorado Christian, which offers a great number of online Christian degrees.

Central Baptist College can be found at:
    http://www.cbc.edu

And Colorado Christian University at:
    http://www.ccu.edu