1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Distance Learning Program

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by bmore4Christ, Jun 6, 2006.

1. bmore4Christ

bmore4Christ New Member

Hello All,

I attended a Baptist Bible College in the mid west during the 1980's and needed at that time 3 credits to get my BA degree.

The last 20 years I have been in professional sales & out of his will. Now, the Lord has burdened my heart to complete my degree and serve HIM.

My major was Biblical/Pastoral Studies.

I have been out of touch with the school over the years and would like to complete my degree as quickly as I can.

I have contacted my former school via email,but would appreciate any recommendations from you.

Thanks
    bmore
    York,PA

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen to Martin!

I agree with Martin on both points.

Finish your degree there, unless the statue of limitations has run out.

Liberty is probably the best and most easily used Master of Arts in Religion that will even help you get into a real doctoral program later on if the Lord were to lead that way.

I was wondering, I am not familiar with that college; does it have regional accreditation? If it does not you may have to go to a place like Liberty and then be on "academic probation" for a semester or two. But, no doubt it can be done if God is calling you back and you have his motivation.

As a "side bar." There are many of us on the BB who have done a meandering educational track such as myself. I personally would be glad to talk to you via PM or "land line" phone and help you with experiential observations and such if you wish.

It is vitally important for you to make the right choices this time in order "to redeem the time!" No judgment intended! just a Praise the Lord that you are back. I think all of those who read your posts on the BB will pray for you and make themselves available to you for council.

Just let me know if I can help!

sdg!

rd

4. bmore4Christ

bmore4Christ New Member

Thank You and I may take you up on your offer. Martins first point is well taken and I have contacted them?

I have emailed Liberty for information on their program.

Thanks to you both.

#4 bmore4Christ, Jun 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2006
  5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    bmore4Christ

bmore4Christ.

As a Liberty alumni (MAR), I would be more than willing to answer any questions you may have about their Master of Arts in Religion program (distance).

6. bmore4Christ

bmore4Christ New Member

Per their website--http://www.baptist.edu The schools accredited by the higher learning commission and a member of the North Central Association. Also, the Association of Bblical Higher Education (ABHE), formerly the accrediting association of bible colleges (AABC).

So this does not look good on the surface.

I will finish my degree there and see what happens.

Thanks!

7. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Academic Credentials & Accreditation

be more 4 Christ,

If I am not mistaken, the North Central Association is part and parcel of the third party accrediting body that is the main body that puts their stamp of approval on all colleges. They are the "gold standard" if you will.

A degree from an RA (regionally accredited, i.e., the North Central Association) should get you in a grad program at major universities (or ATS seminary programs).

I hope this helps? It is always easier to ask what seems to be a "stupid question" on the get go than to have to do an entire degree over again. Yes!?

sdg!

rd