1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Distance Learning

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Eric Rolen, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Eric Rolen

Eric Rolen New Member

What are your opinions on Liberty U Distance learning program Undergraduate studies? What are some other good Distance learning bible colleges?

2. Brice

Brice New Member

In it right now and it's great. They have 2 different formats a 16 week and a 8 week. Feel free to ask any questions.

3. Eric Rolen

Eric Rolen New Member

di you feel your getting a good bible education? SO every 8 weeks you finish a course? Im going to be using my veterans benefits and was wondering is it fairly affordable? How much time do you put into it a week on avg

4. Brice

Brice New Member

As far as the education goes it is very relative. You can get a great deal out of it if you are self motivated. If you want a good education, you can get one or you can choose to just do enough work to pass. The Prof. that teaches the class (on the video) is Dr. Elmer Towns. He is the co-founder of LU and a fairly popular author. I took him for N.T. as a resident student and he was great. You will have a different Prof. that oversees the actual class. The 8 week format can be tough because you are packing the whole semester into 8 weeks. That is a lot of class work to finish in 8 weeks, even if you are doing it on the internet. The 8 week format is done online and the 16 week format is done through video and mail (the tests require a proctor). As far as price goes, it's around 210 a credit hour. They also offer financial aid packages. Here is the DLP link from LU - http://www.liberty.edu/distancelearning/index.cfm?PID=166. I would say that after being a resident student and a DLP student from LU that being a DLP student takes more discipline. I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem for you, so I wouldn't be too concerned. The biggest thing to consider is accreditation. I my opinion it is VERY important that the colleges you consider are accredited by a governmental accrediting agency (SACS, Tracs, etc). LU is accredited, so it is a great option for many. Hopefully that helps and feel free to ask anymore questions.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I did my MA/Religion at Liberty through their distance learning program. I was impressed with the solid teaching I recieved at Liberty. I am sure you will learn alot in your studies there. God bless!

Martin.

6. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Southern Evangelical has a distance learning program, both at the college and seminary level. 4 month limit per class, rigorous, conservative, solid.

7. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    West Coast Baptist College now has the first year available as online studies.

Just thought ya might like to know.... ;)