1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Disturbing video on so many levels

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Grasshopper, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ===While I don't agree with Hagee on many fronts, and while I don't believe we should support Israel "no matter what", I find that video offensive. The commentator seems to be mocking the second coming of Jesus Christ. Whether he likes it or not Jesus is going to come and all, and I mean all, who have rejected Him will be cast into a burning hell. Don't believe me, believe Jesus (Jn 14:6, Rev 20:11-15, Matt 7:21-23). It may not be "politically correct" or "popular" but it is the Gospel truth.

3. grahame

grahame New Member

As with the first Jews at the very beginning of the gospel, todays Jews will only come to salvation by repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I think there is too much sentimentality attached to the Jews these days. The fact that they are returning to Israel and the fact that the Jewish state was created in 1948 is no sign that they are coming back to God. God's people are those who believe in the Messaiah. Without this there is no salvation. Remember the words of the Apostle Paul? (Rom 2:28-29)
    If you look in the Old testament you will see that every time they returned to their homeland it was always accompanied by repentance from sins and faith towards God. I personally cannot see this happening in the Jews as a nation today. Israel is a thoroughly secular society whose treatment of the Palestinians is disgusting and inhumane.

#3 grahame, Aug 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2007
  4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I must say I grow tired of the false accusations of mistreatment of Palistinians by Israel. It is a lie.

This is a propganda piece edited very cleverly to misrepresent the meeting.

5. dan e.

dan e. New Member

I agree. Hagee has problems...and the biggest problem with him is that he is on a stage speaking to those who listen, and believe him.

6. grahame

grahame New Member

And I grow tired of hearing about the Jews always playing the victims. Guilt has a double edge here I suspect.
    This "end times" theology is not the gospel.

7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

what end times theology are you speaking of specifically?