1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ditsy Chicks foul the nest

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by ktn4eg, May 27, 2006.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What a horribly written article!

They're a group that has every right to speak their mind. They continue to do it despite the personal losses they continue to face for doing so.

Americans have the right to express their thoughts. To be a professional writer and stoop to calling them "Ditsy" instead of "Dixie" wasn't cute, it was unprofessional, and accusing them of being unpatriotic and un-American because they do not like President Bush was just appalling. We are fighting this war in part so people will have the freedom to express their thoughts and disagree with their leadership in Iraq. This man, in writing what he did, presents a disturbing conflict by supporting the war to free Iraq, while at the same time expressing disgust for Americans who put into action the freedom we already have in America.

Illogical reasoning, ranting, name-calling, and an extremely biased presentation of an issue makes for bad journalism. Then again, it's the MO of World Net Daily. For the life of me I'll never understand why intelligent or even semi-intelligent people continue to use it as a source of information.

A Christian tabloid. How...odd.

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pat isn't a professional writer.

He doesn't even know the difference between infer and imply.

How can a pun not be intended if it's pointed out as one?

I thought "twice-elected leader of the free world" was a nice touch. I don't remember the world voting on that. But then, maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Man, if the worst demoralization the troops in Iraq — who are dealing with a horrific natural environment, constant rotation in and out of the theater, an insurgency, incipient civil war and sectarian hatred — face is the Chicks, they'd be pretty lucky.

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I have a personal aversion to calling people or groups of people names. Ditsy especially bothers me since my name is Bitsy and they rhyme. I'm afraid they might be put together. They probably have been put together as a I work with 8th graders, and they think it's hilarious to tell spider jokes (the itsy-bitsy kind).

5. whatever

whatever New Member

It's not a great article, but the Dixie Chicks are not free to speak their mind if speaking their mind helps those with whom we are at war. This goes way beyond them not liking the President. It is one thing to oppose a decision made by our government but these girls have gone way beyond that and should be held responsible for what they have said and done.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Didn't Pat Boone stop being relevant in about 1958? Or was it when he did that heavy metal album?

7. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

FREE SPEECH? I'm no fan of Pat Boone however he had every right to say what he did about those ......those....those, well you know what they are. When an impressionable person or group from this country goes into a foreign country and denounces the USA and the leadership....well it used to be called treason. In the "olden" days people that were accused of treason were hung by the neck. Now days no one buys their cd's. GOD BLESS THE USA [​IMG]

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have read where the Dixie Chicks criticized the leadership of our country(haven't we all?) but I have not read where they denounced the United States. Do you have a quote?

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And millions of we Americans were misled by the Bush administration into believing that Iraq had WMDs in March 2003. We now know that Iraq did not. The Bush administration should be held responsible for what it has said and done, as well - which may take place this November if the GOP loses control of the Congress.

10. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

haven't we all?) NO! Just the unamericans!

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you never criticize any of the leaders in Washington or in your state or local government - regardless of what party they belong to or don't belong to - regardless of their political actions? Wow! You are a rare breed indeed. And I compliment you for your consistency. [​IMG]

12. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

WOW! Christian democrats....I guess we have to love em.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Christian Libertarian. I support the Libertarian Party. [​IMG]

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Shiloh, supposably a TON of Iraqis oppose the leadership in their country.

Should we really be trying to free a country full of traitors that are speaking out against their government?

15. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

WHAT KIND OF A PERSON WOULD EQUATE THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WITH THE FORMER PRESIDENT OF IRAQ? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

[​IMG]

I can't help but think that the above was what you looked like as you typed that!

[​IMG] (me laughing at you)

18. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Two people I really detest, communist and democrats. If you two liberals (that's a kind word for democrat) don't like this country why don't you and the DC scum bags move out? [​IMG] That's me waving good by!

19. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Oh I think the band is paying for their comments alright.

Now instead of being able to sing about the wide open spaces, they are going to be expected to sing songs about war all the time. They wont be able to grow and evolve because like that Sheehan woman, this will be all they ever were to most people. How sad.

Oh well.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope you are not including me as a liberal or as a Democrat(can't really tell since you didn't specify). I am a Libertarian which means I am consistently for limited government across the board. The Authoritarian Left wants the government to tell people how to use their money and the Authoritarian Right wants the government to tell people how to live their personal lives. I have no use for either Authoritarian branch of the Demopublican Party regardless of whether they call themselves Democrats, Republicans, or whatever. [​IMG]