1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Divine Revelation vs. Human Opinion

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by herbert, May 7, 2016.

1. herbert

herbert Member
    Site Supporter

In another conversation steaver said:

"I have been following these conversations between DHK and Herbert, Adonia, and Utilyan. Dozens of times two questions put to the Catholics has yet to be answered. 1) How does one become born-again? 2) Where is the evidence from the Scriptures that Jesus Christ instituted the RCC? I have read loads of rhetoric given from these three Catholics, yet these two key questions continue to go unanswered...this alone is very telling."

I am starting this new post here for a few reasons. First off, I am not sure that these two questions were presented directly and clearly "dozens" of times over the course of our previous conversation. And if I failed to respond to them, far from being deliberate avoidance on my part, my failure to respond was moreso a reflection of my attending to a number of other assertions, claims, and questions. As I see it, also, the fact that I have did not present some sort of philosophical equation which steaver would accept as "Biblical" wasn't really very "telling" at all. For the only thing it revealed is the fact that I don't buy into steaver's Biblicism. But everybody already knew that.

Also, I don't know exactly how steaver would answer these two questions.

So let's dedicate this new discussion to investigating these two questions:

1) How does one become born-again?
    2) Where is the evidence from the Scriptures that Jesus Christ instituted the RCC?

steaver, since it seems that you have identified these two questions as fundamental to what it means to be a Christian, would you please answer them first? Then, as a Catholic, if my perspective differs from what you have to offer, I will attempt to respond Biblically, rationally, and historically to whatever it is you present.

Fair enough?

Thanks again for the conversation!

Herbert

#1 herbert, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016