1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Divisonal picks

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Jan 9, 2006.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Ok, wild card weekend is over, now its time for the divionsal games. What are your picks?

Here are mine:

Seahawks over Redskins
    Patriots over Denver
    Colts over Steelers
    Carolina over Chicago

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I shouldn't have picked against New England, and won't this week.

New England over Denver

Seattle over Washington

Skins won't win unless they play better on offense.

Indianapolis over Pittsburgh

Don't see any reason why this game will be any different than the first game.

Chicago over Carolina

I'm very concerned about the Bears ability to beat them again. I have to think that the Bears D-line won't have quite the field day against the Panthers that they did in the first game. My coin flip system says that the Panthers will win, but my heart has to go with the Bears.

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

New England over Denver
    Indianapolis over Pittsburgh
    Carolina over Chicago
    Redskins over Seattle

I was at the game in Tampa, we knew we were facing the #1 Defense going into the game, Gibbs played very conservative after getting a 14-0 lead from our defense. I would have loved to see a better offense from the Skins, but we didn't need our offense to beat Tampa. We are not facing as tough of a D in Seattle, we beat Seattle the last time we met this year, I think we can beat them again.

They're 13-3, but eight of their wins came against the Cards (twice), the Rams (twice), the 49ers (twice), the Texans, and the Titans. I'm impressed. :rolleyes: Their only "quality" wins were over the Falcons (21-18), the Cowboys (13-10), the Giants (24-21), the Eagles (42-0), and the Colts (28-13). (the Colts were playing without Dungy and had already secured home field advantage.)

Seattle played 11 teams with losing record.

Skins played 11 teams with winning record.

I think we can take them!

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

New England over Denver
    Indy over Pitts
    Chicago over Carolina
    Seattle over Redskins

5. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Same picks as 4HisGlory. Here is my confidence level of each winning in order from most confident to least confident:

Indy
    Seattle
    New England
    Carolina

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I'm pretty much with everyone else on this one...
    Pats over Broncs
    Colts over Steelers
    Panthers over Da Bears
    Seahawks over Skins

From that point...who knows, but i wouldn't count out the Pats at this point in the game.

7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

If the Colts loose, I think the Pats will win another Superbowl and more power to them for it. But I don't think the Colts will loose, and I do think they will ultimatly win everything. This is their year.

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I thought last year was supposed to be the Colts year. Does anybody else remember all the TD's that Manning threw last year, breaking Marino's record? I think they set a record for points scored too. The Colts went into the AFC Championship Game as the favorites, though the game was at Foxboro. The Patriots had a rather inferior secondary last year, but the Patriots simply wanted it more and won the game.

I think the Colts will win as well, but let's do away with the notion that it's anybody's year. If the Colts win the Super Bowl, it will be because they worked harder and played better than everybody else.