1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Divorce and Re-Marriage

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gerald285, Oct 1, 2007.

1. mommietosadie

mommietosadie New Member

Fear

The only thing that keeps me from leaving is Fear. I am scared to death I will fail. I know I have to pray for discernment Pray that God will show me the right way to live.

2. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

3. skypair

skypair Active Member

We're praying with you.

Honestly, the failing part is past. Think like this: "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:13-14

And I want you to consider this -- many here would not advise you to do this but the Bible says not to separate ourselves from our spouses but for "prayer and fasting"* and that, mommie, is what you need. Not divorce but time to get yourself collected and for God to answer you.

*If you read 1Cor 7:9, you will see another stipulation -- "consent" -- which, if you can get it, would probably let your husband be the man he is supposed to be in helping you.

skypair

4. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

It would be better to stay. Divorce is only for adultery, unless you can forgive them.

Matthew 19:1-9 (KJV)
    1: And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan; 2: And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.
    3: The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
    4: And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
    5: And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
    6: Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
    7: They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
    8: He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
    9: And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Matthew 5:31-32 (KJV)
    31: It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
    32: But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Luke 16:18 (KJV)
    Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Mark 10:11-12 (KJV)
    11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
    12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

5. npetreley

npetreley New Member

You're obviously going to get advice on both sides; stay and go. I'm not going to tell you either. You are a child of God. God loves you, and He will always love you, and He will love you through any decision you make. Lean on Him. He will make your paths straight.

I will pray for you. God bless you and yours with every good blessing in Christ.

6. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

Well stated.

7. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

So, just forget what the scriptures say and go your own way?

I'm not trying to start anything, but the Bible is clear on this subject.

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

If you have a problem with what I said, PM me. Do you know all the details of this situation? Are you going to do whatever is possible to get involved and help make this situation right? No? Then don't add to her burden. I'm sure plenty of people are already making her painfully aware of the scriptures they think should apply to her life, probably knowing as little as we do about the details.

9. youngmom4

youngmom4 New Member