1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do all Baptist denominations believe in OSAS?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 3, 2016.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Untrue.

Still untrue.

2. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least your rebuttal actually pertained to the gist of my post

3. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh ho, so the response was disinterest, how interesting.

It's funny how you can deny my response when you admit you didn't even read it.

Everything said was on point, and had you read it you would know that. That you saw "in error" gives rise to the thought that the response was in fact anger.

And that is not only error, it is ignorant.

That you cannot distinguish between Sola Fide and works-based mentalities should be rather embarrassing, lol.

But because you create your own premises, your conclusion can be whatever you want it to be, right?

So how can you say that it was not relevant?

Doesn't equate to OSAS adherents seeing those works as salvific.

That is where your error lies.

There is a difference between how one believs men are made perfect and those who teach men are not made perfect, but have to work towards that perfection.

As I said, you should know that James, unless all your talk about understanding what it means to be made perfect is just parroted argument that is convenient when you want to argue with someone.

You want OSASers to confess something that is reality in your mind only?

Interesting hobby you have there, James.

If I don't agree with you I am in left field. lol

All righty then.

Better than you know, amigo. lol

God bless.

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is it untrue?

Because you say so?

How about stating why it is untrue?

God bless.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the truth is that the BIBLE itself, not Confessions/Creeds/Mt pastor. theologian of the month flavr club...

Makes it quite clear that saving faith will be evidence by some amount of change in a person lifestyle, and while NONE of us will show that in the same way, there will be some works to evidence that has happened!

Believe it was John Calin who stated that we are saved by faith alone, but thew faith that is without works at all is not a saving one!

6. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heck,
    How about YOU state why. All you've done is tell me I'm wrong, I'm ignorant, I'm fabricating, accuse my motives and sincerity, accuse me of being angry, accuse me of not reading your post (when in fact I read that useless drivel no less than 4 times before I compared you to Matthew Henry)...

....now, WHY have you done that? I don't know, and don't care to know. And it would be nice if you would stop trying to discern my thoughts and motives. If you were to actually take up the point and address it.

And disagreeing with me doesn't put you in left field - but talking about everything but the issue does put you in left field. C'mon back to the infield. Let's talk about the issue, not me

7. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If anyone is interested, here's a thread very pertinent to my assertion....

http://www.baptistboard.com/threads/belief-obedience-and-action.97536/

It's a thread started by Martin Marprelate. And in his corner is Iconoclast (who in multiple posts mentioned obedience and endurance as necessary to enter heaven - just like an Arminian).

Also in his corner is Internet Theologian - who incidentally was referred to as "P4T" on page 2, and didn't seem to bat an eyelash.

See if these avowed TULIP adherents don't sound exactly like Arminians when they start talking about the necessity of works.

I also made my assertion in that thread. See if I was just making up what I wanted

#27 JamesL, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  8. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I already have.

I actually agree with him, but feel he should do more than just make the assertions.

God bless.

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And none of this is true?

I addressed your statements and showed why I saw error. As far as being ignorant, not sure I made a direct statement, but rather questioned your lack of understanding concerning the perfecting of the saints in a context of progressive sanctification.

I was pretty specific about the error of confusing salving faith and faith in our walk. And I will say again, you imposing into the beliefs of OSASers that which is not there is only a reality in your mind, there to help you justify your position.

OSAS, Eternal Security, nor Perseverance do not teach license to sin.

You accused yourself:

;)

Yeah...that hurts. To be compared to Henry...

Still, I can only go on what you say...

You call it useless drivel, and irrelevant, yet you do not show why it is irrelevant. This, like the member above, is what is useless...simply making an assertion and thinking that this somehow contributes to the discussion.

BEcause you are in error.

Didn't I say that already?

You are making a false accusation and it is no better than those who say everyone who embraces the Pre-Tribulation Rapture got their views from Darby.

It's a false charge, and shame on you for entertaining such error.

Then why ask?

But, if you are okay with making assertions, and don't care if anyone understands why you make them, fine. Perhaps it may be that is why so few on this board understand what Perfection means. You say you believe the Doctrine of Perfection often, but not sure how you can when you think OSAS teaches works-based salvation. The two are mutually exclusive.

Hey thanks. For the compliment and the honesty.

Been there done that.

;)

The ball is in your field now.

Then it becomes clear...I am still up to bat.

Sorry, just waiting for the right pitch. Look over your shoulder, see that wall way back there...that's where it's going. Over it.

;)

God bless.