1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Angels play a part in our everyday life?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Plain Old Bill, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Is there such a thing as a gaurdian angel?What do angels do?

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Our pastor was talking about this just the other day. It was his opinion, based on the NT, that angels were mentioned less and less after Pentecost. He felt that since the indwelling of the Holy Spirit takes place upon salvation that maybe the need for angels (especially angelic messengers) is not as important as it was in earlier days.

This is NOT to say that we do not have angels around us or protecting us. I do not know the answer to that, but his statement seemed to make some sense.

3. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Matt 18:10
    See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.
    NAS

4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt. 18:10 doesn't necessarily promote the idea of guardian angels for each child.
    It could also be interpreted as meaning that young children (in general) have special angelic protection or advocates before the Father.

Rob

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe in one-on-one guardian angels. I have never read that principle in the Bible. The Bible never states or implies that when we are born that God assigns one specific angel to protect us from harm for the rest of our lives.

I do believe that angels are "ministering" creatures. [​IMG]

They do alot of things in our lives that we aren't even aware of.

But they act on God's behalf for His glory. Whatever they do for us and however they minister in our lives, it is for the sake of God's exaltation not necessarily for our safe-keeping only.

[​IMG] Peace-

YSIC
    Scarlett O. [​IMG]
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

6. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What? Haven't you ever seen, "It's a Wonderful Life"? Surely that teaches Scriptural truth.

7. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Pastor Greg you are a funny guy.Gromackie would be in agreement with Scarlett O. though.