1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Anti-Calvinists Believe God is a Robot?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by KenH, Oct 27, 2002.

1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

shilo, you seem to think God is limited to the passage of time as we perceive it. Given that assumption, nothing anyone says to you about predestination is going to make any sense.

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's a bad analogy period when assessing the "fairness" issue. No, we can't fathom how God interacts in time and with foreknowledge. If we take "wheat" and "tares" to be solid unchangeable groups of specific individuals, than you have Satan as the creator of the non-elect (God didn't "sow" them at all). And as shilo is getting at, the elect were never lost. The reason we can't know who the tares are is because we can't see into people's hearts to tell which professing "Christians" are really fake, and who now in rebellion will eventually repent, or will never repent. (That's why I wonder why sometimes I see speculation of up to 80% of SBC's being lost and the Calvinists take this and say "why are we making these tares feel good?" as someone recently posted or posted a link elsewhere on the BB. How do we know they're tares?)

Sorry if you had trouble reading it. It was copied from my page, and I didn't add spaces between the paragraphs to try and not make it any longer than it is.