1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Any of You Go To 2 Different Churches?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JesusFan, Jan 4, 2012.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

"Mixed" marriage, as in on baptist, another not, or maybe 2 different baptist churches...

Any of you attend 2 seperate churches, maybe taking kids back and forth?

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

I'm currently in this position.

I've been a member of my Baptist church for over a dozen years. Raised my children in that church. But, as each one reached the age of "youth" (teen years) our church fit them less and less. We have a good church except for certain issues within the youth group. Those problems aren't considered problems by the majority of parents within our congregation, so my kids chose not to participate. (each one their own decision) On this one thing I am more conservative than my church.

You need to realize at this point my children are nearly grown and are to the point in they can choose their own place to worship. The boys (my son and Godson) have chosen to attend church with my Godson's father. He attends a conservative, not too charismatic, Church of God (not Armstrong's version!) in the next town over.

My girls through a variety of cirmcumstances now attend our local Episcopalian church. (talk about culture shock!)

So at the moment I'm moving between the girls' church and my own. It's not an ideal situation and eventually I'll have to make a firm decision(and for that matter so will my girls). But for now this is how it is going to be.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Yes.

We both have the same beliefs and we both are members of a Baptist church.

However, we also attend a church that has services on a different day. It doesn't interfere. Some of the kids go with us to that one, some don't. It's their choice. I go because it gives me strength and the freedom to worship, to feel, to trust, which for varied reasons aren't as readily available at the Baptist church.
    Both are Christian and doctrinally accurate and for me, it is never a bad thing to sit under as much spiritual teaching as possible. :thumbs:

4. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Throw in a mountain pass that closes a lot in winter, and we worship all over the place.

But yes, we have our own preference but will take the grands to the church that is a better fit for them.