1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do arminians live in constant sin in regards to witnessing?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Daniel David, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fact that you think that I believe that only the Jews are "elect" proves you have still yet to even understand my position. -sigh- </font>[/QUOTE] Oh excuse me. Yes it is just the ones that demonstrate that God chooses from before time and regenerates everyone who will be saved that you drop into this file. The ones that you can explain away by some other method are left to that end.

You have explained it with perfect clarity. It just seems to bother you when someone recognizes the implications and denies the strength of your interpretations.

2. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How long are you guys going to evade these questions?

3. William C

William C New Member

Scott, when you continually misapply and misstate my views why are you surpised that I don't think you understand them. It's like when an Arminian starts making statements about Calvinism that don't apply, what do you guys do? You explain your view. Sometimes you have to do it several times before they will concede that Calvinism doesn't teach what they assume it does. That's what I see going on between you and I. You say you understand my view while completely misrepresenting my views. Don't be surpised if I continue to correct you.

Concerning your question: The bible doesn't tell us how God will judge those who never hear the gospel of faith, just as it really doesn't address infant salvation. We all must make speculations.

And as I stated before there are some passages that seem to indicate that some kind of guilt or responsiblity is placed upon the messenger.

Acts 18:6 
    And when they opposed themselves and blasphemed, he shook out his raiment and said unto them, Your blood [be] upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You broadly apply the idea that it is the Jewish remnant of Romans 11 and/or the Apostles that are actually "elect" in the sense that God specifically chose them. You cited what you think is proof of this idea. You base this on you interpretation that select parts of the NT are written exclusively about the "remnant", the hardened Jews, and the Gentiles. I read it, considered it, and found it unconvincing. Please fill in the blanks of what you think I don't understand and I will be as specific as necessary.

Romans 1 establishes that they are guilty.

Don't waffle. Is it sin or is it "some kind of guilt or responsibility"?

5. William C

William C New Member

I never said those refered to in Rom 1 weren't guilty, I said the Bible doesn't specifically address the issue of how God will judge those who have never heard the good news. Some people argue that "without the law their is no sin" and that these people would be given grace in some measure. I don't think that view is supported, just as I'm not sure that the whole age of accountablity issue is supported. I'm ok trusting that God will deal justly and I leave it at that. I don't think every question needs to be answered but that in some matters we must rely on faith.

Again, I'm not waffling. I'm just not willing to state something as being a fact that I'm not sure the scriptures fully supports. I'm saying that Act 18 does seem to indicate that the "blood" of the hearers can be on the messenger if he fails to deliver the message. I don't pretend to know what all that means, I'm simply saying we should be careful not to jump to the conclusion that we won't be held accountable for our lack of evangelism.