1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do christians have to eat kosher butchered meat?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Feb 16, 2007.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    However you are listing the civil laws for the nation - I am talking about the moral laws and the health laws.

The term "Kosher" is not found in the bible and implies a bit more than is found in the Levitical text.

That is true. IF we did not have God telling us "Sacrifices ENDED at the death of Christ" in Heb 10 -- we certainly would have to continue those practices HE established.

My preference is to let God be the one to state when something ends.

If the OT is scripture then when Paul says in 2Tim 3 that ALL scripture IS STILL to be used for doctrine and instruction - we can not simply suppose that in Heb 8 "the OT is the OC". In fact Heb 8 is QUOTING the OT when it affirms the New Covenant since that is the SOURCE for the NC.

The Sermon on the Mount is given precross at at time when by every measure the full law of God is still in place.

The Law of God written on the heart - means "scripture" the Word of God itself -- the Commands of God.

Civil laws apply to a theocracy - we don't have it anymore.

Ceremonial laws are based in the sacrifices that ended according to Heb 10.

The health and moral laws remain as we see in Isaiah 66 where God tells us that even at the end of the age -- God burns in fire those who eat mice and destible things.

In Christ,

Bob

#21 BobRyan, Feb 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2007
  2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I ain't into "meeces", as Snagglepuss or Jinx would say :eek: :laugh:, but I like kosher hot dogs and corned beef and cabbage. Steam it as opposed to boiling it, Scarlett_O, or put in a little sea salt or some definitely non-kosher 'country ham', and you might not hate cabbage so much! :laugh: :laugh:
    The usual cook arround our home is-

Ed

#22 EdSutton, Feb 17, 2007
  3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

C'mon, Bob! Ya' cream chipped beef, not corned beef, and serve it on biscuits or toast! :laugh:

Boile' corn beef and steamed cabbage? Hard to beat!

Same with the Reubens, which BTW, have some of that cabbage in them, in the form of sauerkraut. :thumbsup:

And kosher dills taste better than non- kosher dills, IMO. :applause:

Ed

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Interesting point, billwald. I'd never considered that before. I'll think about that, since the Noahinc covenant is in no way either affected or effected by the Abrahamic covenant or the Mosaic/Sinaitic covenant.

Definitely something to think about.

Ed

#24 EdSutton, Feb 17, 2007
  5. Dustin

Dustin New Member

I like boudin. It's a big thing down here in south Louisiana. It must not be wherever in this great state Scarlett is from, either that or she's picky.

Like the way I can't eat seafood. No fish, no crawfish, no shrimp, but I like a little gator meat, but technically that's not seafood.

I don't like seafood because of the simple fact that it makes me want to vomit, I'm not allergic to it or anything.

Forget the fish, eat a steak.

Soli Deo Gloria,
    Dustin

#25 Dustin, Feb 17, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I'm with you on this, as long as it's considered 'kosher' to say that. :thumbsup: :laugh: :wavey:

Ed

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm from the Monroe area and there are people who make it and eat it, but not in abundance like in South La. I just can't bring myself to develop a taste for it. :(

No catfish?! No grilled shrimp or coconut shrimp?!

Help me.....I feel faint! :laugh:

8. Dustin

Dustin New Member

No ma'am. The fishiest I get is tuna fish sandwhiches. But I consider tuna fish and chicken salad to be one in the same. They taste the same to me. I've eaten catfish before, but my taste buds have found it lacking.

Shrimp smells bad before it's cooked, while it's cooking, and after you throw whatever you don't eat away. I mean, they're almost like little bugs that live in the mud. Shrimp, crawfish, crabs, oysters, all of that makes me stomach turn. I would really have to be starving with nothing else to eat on a desert island before I ate any.

Thank God for beef.

Soli Deo Gloria,
    Dustin

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now we are talking -- God seems to command that we go for the beef steak and corned beef fair rather than eating rats. He says we should choose Tuna and Salmon over eating "water filters". Water filters basically filter out much of the harmful deadly chemicals in the surrounding sea water and concentrate them in their own flesh 10x and 100x times that which is in the water itself. Then when people "eat those filters" they get the "full effect"!!

Our Creator God claims that eating the daintly little sea filters is not "a good thing". Should we believe Him?

In Christ,

Bob

#29 BobRyan, Feb 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2007
  10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Irish rules sir -- not english!

Boiled Corned Beef yes - but then you have to cover them in cream sauce sir!