1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do christians have to fear the white throne judgement?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Feb 14, 2008.

?
  1. No, for christians it's only about rewards.

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. Absolutely! It will be awful!

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. I don't know.

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Christians not, but baptists definitely. ;)

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Seems to me the JSOC is a continuing thing until Heaven speaks and say it is finished. The GWTJ is a one event thing for the wicked and Satan.

BBob,

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Then we are essentially in agreement, my good brother. :thumbs:

3. SeekingHisTruth

SeekingHisTruth New Member

One it never ceases to amaze me what folks believe. Now the JSOC is not a literal event, but something that is on going. I'll stop before I get going . . . By the way TCGreek you were right about the amil folks seeing it as one in the same. At least I'm sure it is that way for most folks. Just by the very nature of what they believe in its hard to think they would think otherwise, but I guess when you make Scripture say whateve you want it to folks can come up with all kinds of things :). Or should I say :(.

4. D28guy

D28guy New Member

xdisciplex,

Yes, it is 100% clear that born again people will not be judged at the Great White Throne judgement. That judgement is only for the damned. The lost.

If christians are present we will only be there be watching. Personally, I would love to watch Satan cast into the flame pit. It will be sad watching the lost be thrown there.

Born again people will be judged at the judgement seat of Christ. There will be either the gaining or loss of rewards.

Thats not to mean that God is not pruning us, chastising us, growing us, and rewarding us as we live out our christian life here and now. He certainly is. But we will aslo stand before the future Judgement Seat of Christ, just as the damned will stand before the Great White Throne judgement.

Both the Judgement seat of Christ and the Great White Throne judgement are future events.

God bless,

Mike

#24 D28guy, Feb 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2008
  5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Tell me Seeking; Are the names already enrolled in the Lamb's Book of Life when He leaves Heaven, coming to pass judgement on the world. If so, then how if there is no judging going on now? The eternal reward is future, I believe there are some rewards now, thats why we pray for them. I believe with all my being, He extended my life. The judging takes place in this life, the eternal judgement which is your reward is to come.

Do you actually beleive that God don't know who is saved and who is not, but has to gather us all together and say, did you do that, or why did you not do this? Believe me, the record is being kept every day of our lives.

Luk 21:36Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

To receive your just reward, which is decided as you live now, not after you die.

Jhn 8:21¶Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

How can this be except the Lord judge that you die in your sins. I sure can't and neither can you.

BBob,

#25 Brother Bob, Feb 14, 2008
  6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Do you think the Lord does not know, He already "saved" you, but has to wait until some time in the future to know??

Where is this scripture of the saved being judged in the future. I know they will receive their eternal judgement, which is reward, but where is scripture of them being judged in the future??

I know there is scripture where the wicked will be judged.

BBob,

#26 Brother Bob, Feb 14, 2008
  7. Danny Hurley

Danny Hurley New Member

Great point Bro Bob.

8. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Brother Bob,

You asked...

Here is an excerpt from an on-line study...

Hope this helps,

Mike

http://www.parentalguide.com/Documents/Doctrines/Judgment_seat_and_rewards.htm

#28 D28guy, Feb 14, 2008
  9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Sorry D28guy, but all the scripture you gave talk of the reward for the kind of life we are living now. Except for the one of passing from death unto life in Christ Jesus, and that is when you are "born again". Not one scripture speaks of the saved being judged in the judgement.

If you go to a court of Law. You have the judge, who judges you and then passes down judgement. Same with the Lord.

God Bless,

BBob,

#29 Brother Bob, Feb 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008
  10. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Brother Bob,

Of course. Thats the whole point.

Yes, absolutely. I have never said otherwise.

We live our lives for Christ down here. Serving Him, witnessing, loving others, etc etc. But we...unfortunetly...sometimes fail Him. He blesses us when we need it, and He also chastises and disciplines us when we need it. All in this life.

But when our life is over, because we are in Christ, we have no part in the Great White Throne Judgement. That is for the damned. Our eternal destination is settled and can not be lost. That is not in question. However, we will recieve either rewards, or loss of rewards, based on our service, or lack of, during our life. THAT occures after we die and are with Christ....

THAT has not happened yet, obviously. None of us have yet stood literally before the judgement seat of Christ...literally standing before the resurrected Christ. Our eternal destiny will not be in question...only our rewards or loss of rewards.

That judgement is future, just as the Great White Throne Judgement.

God bless,

Mike

11. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't vote .. none of the answers offered fit.

Is NOTHING for the christian to fear, we are saved by God's grace, it is sufficient for all judgement. Just enjoy being with God:)

Regards
    Bob

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I think we are being judged every day of our lives and when Jesus leavs Heaven with the Lamb's Book of Life, the names will already be enrolled. The Judgement (the receiving of our just reward, is yet to come) I agree, but being judged is going on right now.

Rev 22:12¶And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

BBob,

#32 Brother Bob, Feb 15, 2008
  13. SeekingHisTruth

SeekingHisTruth New Member

The future judgment has nothing to do with whether one possesses everlasting life or not. That is decided before a person stands before Christ. The future judgment is based solely on our works, which has NOTHING to do with whether or not we possess everlasting life.

The JSOC is a future event that will take place in the heavens.

14. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I am so amazing, I am the first person to make vote on this poll. I voted for "Absolutely! It will be awful"

Bible teaches us, we all shall fear of the Lord, and every all shall face the judgment. There is only one judgment day, not two judgment days according dispensationalism(premill) teaching.

Christians have the wrong idea about "rewards".

Many claim, we shall suffer loss "reward", not salvation.

Oh come. I have no time to make post, because I have errands to do today. I will make post on this later tonight with scriptures about judgment day.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

15. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: How about some objective truth seeking? Show us your Scriptural evidence for these assertions.

16. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

I personally find the question of the OP to be very vague. Fear carries different connotations. How is ‘fear’ defined in the OP? Is it fear in the sense of a clear understanding of possible impending danger, or is it fear in the sense of paralyzing emotion, or something other than these two?

17. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Romans 14:10 and II Corinthains 5:10 both speak of the judgment seat of Christ being future. That is what "we shall stand" and "must appear" mean. The language is not in the present tense as in "we are standing"; or in the past tense as "we have appeared", but is future.

Exactly what this judgment may entail, is debatable theologically, but the time of being yet future is not.

BTW, salvation is not a 'reward', but a 'gift'.

Ed

#37 EdSutton, Feb 15, 2008
  18. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Early in my Christian life, I used to believe Judgment Seat of Christ is for Christians only, because of what Baptist teaching. But, the Bible didn't saying it.

Early Church believed both "judgment seat of Christ" and "great white throne" are synonymous.

Bible have evidences that there are only one judgment day follow at the second coming.

Probably, Matthew 25:31-46 is the clearest passage of the Bible which mentioned judgment day. Christ tells there will be a general judgment day follow at second coming. It is the clearest passage show of posttribulational, amill, and one judgment day.

Daniel 12:1-3 mentioned very clear of timing of judgment day. Dan. 12:1-3 tells us, people shall be delivered(rapture-gathering together), and followed of resurrection. The book of life is mentioned in Dan. 12:1b- "every one that shall be found written in the BOOK." It is very clear speak of book of life - Rev. 20:14-15.

Dan. 12:2 tells us, many of them shall be resurrected. it is clear support John 6:39,40,44, & 54 - on the "LAST DAY."

Our gathering together shall not be occur till the resurrection must be occured first - 1 Thess. 4:16-17.

Our gathering together shall be follow at the LAST trump blown in 1 Cor. 15:52. Which it is support or refer with Revelation 11:15 - "And the SEVENTH angel sounded." As the context of verse 15 follows verse 18 says, "And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the TIME of the dead(resurrection), that they should be JUDGED, and that thou shouyldest give reward unto your servants the prophets, and to the SAINTS, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth."

The great white throne shall be follow at the seventh(last) trump, Christ shall come and to gathering all nations("harvest"), to judge the world.

Both Matt. 25:31-46 and Rev. 11:15-18 are mentioned future one final judgment day at the coming of the Lord.

Bible doesn't give any hint that there are two or three separated or different of "judgment day" according as what Dispensationalism teaching.

Dispensationalism, itself give much complex and confusion to people, because it emphasis that there is different program for "Israel" and "Church". Actual, Bible teaching us, God only have ONE people according to Ephesians 2:11-22. We were strangers and alien, but now we are RECONCILED became together with Jews become ONE by through Calvary.

Same with Romans 11:25-26, God already grafted Gentiles in the tree joined with believing Jews, SO(result of), 'All Israel shall be Saved'.

Later today, I will show scriptures why we must fear of the Lord at the Judgment Day.

To be continued...

In Christ

19. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Do both Romans 14:10 & 2 Cor. 5:10 saying it will be occurred seven year prior second advent?

In Christ

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You telling me a gift is not a reward?

Show me the scripture saying the righteous will be judged, not be in the judgement of rewards.

You think the Lord don't know who He saved and who He did not, before He leaves Heaven? I thought the Lord knows all. But thats just me.

BBob,

Waiting for a scripture saying the righteous will be judged, not be in the judgement of rewards.

Rev 22:12¶And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (This is the judgement, and He will bringing the rewards). Show me where he will judge us here, before giving us our reward?

2 Corth:
    10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Do you accept scripture or not? When did you do the things in the body, while you were living now and if He is bringing your reward, you think He does not know and already judged what you shall receive.

BBob,

#40 Brother Bob, Feb 15, 2008