1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do christians have to fear the white throne judgement?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Feb 14, 2008.

?
  1. No, for christians it's only about rewards.

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. Absolutely! It will be awful!

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. I don't know.

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Christians not, but baptists definitely. ;)

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dan 7:21 "JUDGMENT was passed in favor of the saints"???
    2Cor 5:8-10 "WE MUST ALL stand before the JUDGMENT seat of Christ"???
    Rom 2:13-16 "On the day when according to my GOSPEL God will JUDGE ALL men"??

Oh no -- wait -- I am sure those WERE not the texts you wanted to discuss.

Rather I think you wanted to discuss texts where the "context for judgment" was "condemnation".

But as we can see above - there is no question that the SAINTS will be vindicated not "condemned" in that JUDGMENT - the problem is that as a church member you can not "predict the future" HENCE God's WARNING messages.

"but YOU should fear for you stand only by your faith ... if God did not spare THEM neither will He spare YOU" Rom 11.

"next"...

in Christ,

Bob

(BTW if your soltuion to endurance, warning and perseverance texts it so simply ignore them -- I can be contented with simply quoting and explaining those texts "all day long")

2. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I listened to a sermon from Paul Washer about the white throne and this sermon was really scary! I never had imagined it like this but when you think about it then it's really awful. Imagine how this has to be when you stand before Jesus and the bible says the earth flees from Him! :eek:
    This really scared me. What if it will also be totally shocking for christians when they stand before Jesus? After all John also fainted when he saw the glorified Jesus. What if He looks so scary that you can't even look at Him?

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1. According to Dan 7:21-22 the saints are judged before the great white throne period of Rev 20 (the GWTJ takes place after the 1000 years). Since judgment is "already passed in favor of the saints" prior to that period of time - they are not subject to it's decrees regarding the second death.

2. Christ confirms that when He appears at the 2nd coming "His reward IS WITH HIM" because the judgment regarding the saints has already been completed.

3. In Rev 14 John tells us that while mankind is still on earth the announcement is made "Fear God and Give glory to Him for the hour of His Judgment HAS COME" -- it happens while humans are on earth - as the final event just before the 2nd coming.

So the visible terrifying event you will see at the end of the 1000 years as described in Rev 20 is not something that the saints are subject to except "as witnesses" for it is THEIR friends and family who are not saved that are the subjects of that judgment..

in Christ,

Bob

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But somehow this sermon still scared me. I mean it's hard to have a "normal" relationship with a person (Jesus) which has so much power and which is so scary in this sense. I mean when Jesus is so powerful and holy and totally consumed by holy fire and so on then can we, christians, even watch him or stand next to Him without fainting or falling on our faces? This is what I ask myself.
    When Jesus was on earth the disciples were close to Him and most likely they were like friends but when John sees Jesus after the resurrection he falls on his face. This means that Jesus looks pretty different now and I don't know what the consequences of this are.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the OT the question is asked "WHO can LIVE with the consuming fire"??

in Hebrews Paul makes it clear "Our God is a Consuming FIRE"

He is perfect, He is Holy, He is King, His Law is not to be ignored.... And He is Love.

in Christ,

Bob