1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

do I have the right take on art?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by UnchartedSpirit, Nov 27, 2005.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

I belive one the the best physical representations of the image God made us in is our ability to create art. One of the reasons God might have made us is an ultimate form of expression and the best piece of fine art in all his universe. I mean to be able to make something that relates to him yet has its own feeling, action, and expression, he can have this type of interaction with us; yet our art can only be admired by other creations it has no interaction of it own and it serves as an influence to others.
    Its so wonderful, but can I relate God's creation to Art as a justification of his making everything, including art?

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you asking if “everything” about us as an ultimate physical form and expression or fine piece of art can be use as art?

I think all good things we have been given a gift to design and express in some form might be used as art and have found about 50 arts and crafts in the Bible but if someone is saying he is an artist at being a jewel thief or something then no, not everything.

3. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I believe that God is the greatest artist of all time.

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

God is the greatest artist of all time! I love how He paints a sunset every evening, among many other things. [​IMG]

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

While the ability to create art is, imo, from God, the perception of what constitutes art is, in and of itself, man-made and subjective. Still, I wouldn't disagree with relating God's creation to art. I contextually understand what the person is referring to.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Art is indeed beautiful, and is intended to communicate beauty, lovliness and truth, but I don't think it's the best example of how we're made in God's image. I think marriage is the best example of that.