1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do non-cals have something to be worried about?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Amy.G, Feb 26, 2010.

1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    : )

But I appreciate the correction.

2. olegig

olegig New Member

I bet that's what some of those wild hogs I eliminated yesterday also thought. But hey, that's another thread as well......

Do you think maybe I should go by "Perry Mason", you know the guy that always made the guilty squirm and finally admit the truth?
    Quiet frankly I don't much enjoy the feigning either; but hey, when folks start dancin' I just follow the music.

So then you do agree folks are holding back and need to open up?

Must everyone have a label?
    I am a pogo dispensational premillennialist.

I am new here and for that matter new to these type forums.
    Are there closed threads, open to those with a certain label? Is that why everyone seems to want to label everyone else?

Maybe you could start a site like calvinistboard.com, keep it closed, and have a big back slappin' party.
    Maybe there is already a site like that, maybe you could google it.

Surely you think more of your precious pearls than to feel anyone could trample on anything that is the truth and specially given from the Lord.
    Myself, I like for my beliefs to be tested with FIRE, then after they past the "trample" test I have even more confidence in them.

Ok, lets stop the dance. I did follow your advice and did a little googling. And from that search I came to this conclusion:

The one thing all Calvinist have in common is that by a sovereign, eternal decree, God determined before the foundation of the world who would be saved and who would be lost.

So, my redneck friend, do you agree or disagree with the above?
    As Perry Mason would say: A simple yes or no is fine.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've heard about your all's hog problem there; it's so bad a lot of folks kill 'em and leave 'em layin'. You ever eat those things? KY has just recently in the past few years opened a year round season on them, no limit. We've got a 'wild' (from Vietnamese pigs of all things) herd in my vicinity; or had, I believe some of the boys have been putting a hurt on them. I've a friend in N FL that has hunted them all his life with dogs; they actually catch them, castrate them, and let them go for eating later on!

I think there's a multitude of lurkers, some probably naturally shy, others intelligent enough to keep their mouths shut and just listen, but others that don't post because of the tendency to be mercilessly pounced on by the bigots and religionists for no good apparent reason.

Labels serve a purpose. It's a fact of life.

Heheh, what's pogo?

I'm sorta a new guy too. I don't post anywhere else.

Naw, got no desire, this one takes up enough of my time; I'm limited anyway, Mom is 4th stage Alzheimers, Dad's (who's already had one mild stroke) her full time caregiver and my main focus is to support him as much as is possible, or as much as the cantankerous 'ol hoot will allow! He can be a real porcupine and I dread the day when we're gonna have to take his license and I don't even wanna think about having to take his guns. Lord have mercy on us all. MIL needing more and more attention also. The BB is actually a break from the mundane for me, and I do find some release here.

IME, too much 'testing with fire' takes all the joy out of the Word. Besides, like I said, I am limited for time and like most others I have to pick & choose the threads I want to get involved in.

You distort it to make it sound as horrific as possible.

You asked:

I responded:

.....and as yet, no 'Calvinist' has disagreed with that. :)

#83 kyredneck, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2010
  4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    .......and I Googled pogo; still in the dark..... :)

5. olegig

olegig New Member

They are ruining alot of crops and that's our bread and butter.
    Once I put one in the freezer, then the next day I saw his kin eating on the remains....
    I went home and emptied the freezer.....

Sounds like they need a little lead poisoning.

Awh, the good old days of strong knees and limber backs...

Maybe if we stopped pouncing, they would speak up more.

Remember pogo the comic strip?
    I had studied the Bible a good bit; but had several questions because things seem to conflict each other and just did not add up.
    Then I read a little about dispensationalism and just like old pogo I said:
    "Hey! I are one!!!!"

My heart goes out to you brother. I am in about the same shape except it is my dad who is afflicted. Mom's doing fine and we are lucky enough to have an in-house helper for Dad. Takes a lot of stress off Mom.

Tell him you need to borrow them to take care of your hog problem.:smilewinkgrin:

That's great.

Then, please, rephrase it. But I do think the jest of it gets to the heart of the matter.

Hang in there my friend for someday we will all be drinking the cool running waters with our Moms under the tree of life.

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for your concern. Something I wanted to add after reading this is that there is no way under heaven that an in-house caregiver could be brought into this picture right now, and frankly it's not needed. He takes immaculate care of Mom, he dotes over her and spoils her and the fact is it is not possible for her to have better care than she has now, BUT, we have to watch him for not taking care of himself. His left hand started swelling about six weeks ago, me, my btother, sis-in-law were all on him to go to the doctor, which he finally did last week; at first they suspected a coronary blockage but after the tests they now believe it's arthritis. Anyway, my Dad's a rock. Period. I've never ever known him to fail in or shirk his duty. He's always gone over and beyond, and he's still doing it.

I just got off the phone with him; taking him a pot of chicken soup and pone of cornbreead I made today.

7. olegig

olegig New Member

I'll bring the molasses.