1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

do not recieve nor greet.......

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Because apparently the guy "left" Christianity, from what I understood. He no longer believed in the biblical Jesus:

I think when a Christian gets into a heretical cult, one can consider the person to not be declaring biblical Christianity and he should not be treated as a fellow believer who is sinning.

2. Victorious

Victorious Member

Yes, and this man was a professing believer for over 50 years! That's exactly my point.

Funny, but his wife turned him from the truth. Reminds me of Solomon. :flower:

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree with Marcia. To me, a sign of a false believer would be one who could go so far from the truth so as to embrace complete falsehoods regarding who Jesus is or any of the other essential doctrines of Christianity. I don't think one who is truly indwelt with the Holy Spirit can stray so far as to deny him.