1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do or don't, you can't win!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gina B, Jan 17, 2006.

1. bgoc bryan

bgoc bryan New Member

that may be one of the coolest testimonies I have ever heard. My wife got saved at a bus stop. Thank God and greyhound for that

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Buckster75, that is very interesting!

Did they give you any idea who they were, as in from a church or something?

Was it the first time you ever heard about Christ, and if not, why do you think that time was different?

3. shannonL

shannonL New Member

Gina,

What "moral" message was Steve Saint trying to send by knowingly letting a gay activist play the role of a christian martyr? Is Steve just more loving than the rest of us.
    A guy like Chad Allen who would portray Jesus as a queer in a play gets a lead role in a movie produced by a christian film co.
    You think the powers that be in this world aren't out to capture the minds of our children? Naw I guess not when everywhere you turn it is gay this and gay that its on NBC, we have 2 queer tv channels on satelite now. On and on I could go.
    Now we have Steve Saint giving them another medium to feel comfortable in. Christian films.
    That was often kind of him. Some say: Maybe this will lead Chad to Christ? I doubt it. He has already been made to feel accepted as he is. He might have respected Mr. Saint more if he had explained to him why he would have to turn him down for the role. Might have made him examine himself and the sinful lifestyle he lives full tilt.
    I see that the distorted view of "tolerance" has now found its biggest stage so far.

Half of evangelicalism needs to go have a MRI.
    They need to find out where they're spine went.

4. shannonL

shannonL New Member

BTW, Gina,

See what happens when you give people what they want instead of what they need?
    You get a gay dude in a christian movie.
    You get christian bookstores full of mostly fluff.

Yeah, American Christians need more entertainment

I don't know how the persecuted church makes it with nothing but their Bibles to read. In secret at that.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

shannon, when you direct posts at me personally and say things like
    , it makes me feel as if we cannot have an adult conversation that would be fruitful.

Feel free to change the attitude with which you personally address me, and then I'll be more than willing to have a discussion. [​IMG]

Gina

6. shannonL

shannonL New Member

You didn't have such a pleasant attitude in your opening post now did you? You basically said that those who are making a big deal over this issue need to get a life. I just thought I would respond in like fashion.

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

shannon, I'm sorry that you found that offensive. I was not addressing anyone personally. I was addressing a depressing segment of Christianity that reacts poorly and will rarely if ever see the good in anything. If you are included in that, and by your reaction I'm guessing you are, then I understand your reaction. However, as long as you are addressing me personally and one on one, I do expect to be spoken to in a civilized manner, and if that doesn't happen, you will find that I drop out of the conversation rather quickly.

I try to practice what I preach, although I do have my moments. :D And when I do, I'm usually set in line pretty quickly by posters reacting the same way I do or would...by ignoring my posts, or by telling me their expectations if the conversation will continue.

Anyhow, that's my final answer as far as this part goes.
    Feel free to address the topic itself.