1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do people in heaven wear Clothes?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Ben W, Feb 4, 2005.

?
  1. Yes.

68.5%
  2. No.

31.5%
  3. Dont Know.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

We will be wearing robes of white because we are all sons too.

I believe are bodies will be whole. No one will be blind, lame, deaf, etc.

Jesus is going to gather the bodies from the grave and I doubt they'll arrive in Heaven in a skeletal state... :eek:

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about "age"? I'm now 68, & my dad died when he was 52. That means that in Heaven (if we keep our "death" ages), I'll be older than my dad!?

Now children could still be children with no problem (YES, NO?) but they may have some ancient parents.

I believe(?) that we'll all be the same apparent age, & I would guess that age to be 33; the age of Jesus at His death.

Regardless, I'm anxiously awaiting this event!!

Second big question, is Heaven going to be another EDEN, sans the devil? :confused:

MARANATHA!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Mt 19:14 But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

I honestly think we'll all be children in heaven. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

God's children. No matter our size or age.

5. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Sylvia Browne say we'll all be 35. She ought to know, she is a psychic.

As for us normal people, we don't know. I don't want to speculate because I might come away with a view that I don't like, or like too much, that is, with my worldly eyes.

I prefer to wait until my spiritual eyes are opened wide at my deathbed to see all of the majesty that God has prepared for us.

Nothing we could think would ever equal what it will be, so wht worry about it? I prefer to look at the stuff scripture does plainly teach us and think about how I can use that to better serve God with the time I have left here on earth.

• Like Like x 1
  6. music4Him

music4Him New Member

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I think 4 is the perfect age.

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I think we will be 33 and PERFECT!

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

No matter our age, we will be perfect, and I don't think age will matter anymore and I really don't expect it to exsist anymore. i don't see anyhting in scripture to make me think I will be anything but my age when I die, if indeed age exsists in heaven.

10. Keith Stokes

Keith Stokes New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on your screen name I hope you'd spare us....

11. Keith Stokes

Keith Stokes New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If people are talking about robes of righteousness I imagine we are 'wearing" them now. If we are talking about literal robes, how do disembodied spirits wear anything? or are we assuming post resurrection clothing here? Reading that poll question again it should stipulate in heaven now or after the resurrection.

12. Keith Stokes

Keith Stokes New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't want to view heaven through an earthly lens. I don't know what the dress code will be, but anything God does is good and that suffices me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 7:9 seems to make it clear that we shall wear clothes in heaven.
    That seems a bit tough on Christian nudists. ;) Perhaps the best thing is to wait until you get there. If you're not happy then, complain and demand to go to the other place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

HankD

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I know my wife is always complaining about her body and always says "WELL SOMEDAY I"M GOING TO HAVE A PERFECT BODY"... Now I don't know about you other brethren but I hear this everyday:rolleyes:... Now according to Revelation 7:9 we all will have robes... Not like Adam and Eve who were running around NAKED!... We all know the story, then God put clothes on them... To regress a little on a comment by you isn't Christian nudist an Oxymoron?... Now I can't speak for others but I know that when my wife gets her perfect body, she not going to want a robe to cover it up:eek:... She is going to want to show it off... So what will we wear if anything in heaven?... The only thing I know is that we will be satisfied... Brother Glen:D

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist