1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Sinners go to hell due to rejection of Christ/Or Their Sin Natures?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, May 5, 2011.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Iconoclast...

Well, of course you say that. Thats one of the classic diversionary tactics that I have noticed consistantly from calvinists when they *oops!* encounter a "problem".

Actually, however, he does in fact understand the quote. And he also understands the verses that you say that he also *dos'nt understand*.

Of course, he just didnt understand the scriptures. :tonofbricks:

2. Alive in Christ

Iconoclast...

Well, of course you say that.

Darn, If only he could have understood the quote.

Thats one of the classic diversionary tactics that I have noticed consistantly from calvinists when they *oops!* encounter a "problem".

Actually, however, he does in fact understand the quote. And he also understands the verses that you say that he also *dos'nt understand*.

Of course, he just didnt understand those verses. :tonofbricks:

#162 Alive in Christ, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
  3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think that ALL of us are born "into Adam" and so are part of the human condition, being that due to the Fall, we are born with sinful natures and estranged from God...
    In the Cross of Christ, God has 'allowed" for the sins of those like babies to be "forbaded/not remitted towards them" until they become personally accountibility to God for them...

IF that is how God also ideals those who have never heard the Gospel message, do not know...

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    AIC,,

Spurgeon says it would be folly....the regenerated person is saved already.

I like how you not only mis-read this with your friend, like Haman
    But you are already out of scriptural bullets to answer the discussion biblically.
    you project your own situation on me or other calvinists.

If you are going to post...bring your a-game my friend;)

5. Alive in Christ

Iconolast...

You see, the problem is that you are a classic calvinist.

Generally speaking, most well indoctrinated calivinists seem to, many times, have a somewhat arrogant, smug, haughty attitude concerning thier theological system.

*WE have all the answers
    *WE have everything figured out accuratly
    *WE have the true gosple (you guys actually say ridiculous things like "calvinism is the gosple"

*Our theological system is so much better than Arminianism.

When the TRUTH is that there are good truths in calvinism...along with some falsehood.

Just like there is some good truth in non/cal theology...along with some falsehood.

But the horrible elitism that is so apparent in the calvinist camp is something that you guys HAVE to get rid of. It is a detriment. It is not good at all.

God bless.

6. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think that also depends on WHEN someone came to believe in calvinism, were they 'raised" in a Church early on in it? Someone like me, saved by the Lord in College, NO Church background...

came with "fresh/cleam mind" to study the Bible and read other theologies and systems...

I came to accept "moderate" calvinism, but SO see their are still "problem passages" within the system, and DO see that Arminians have some valid points also...

I feel that calvinism, at least the TULIP aspect to it explains the Biblical "method" of salvation best, but would not say "only valid one"....

feel that both "camps" preach and teach same Jesus, differing on aspects of the salvation model, but to be honest here...

When we tell others about Jesus, Gospel plan of salvation, doesn't God still save people, regardless if we say they were "the elect" of God, or come to Christ by their "free will?"

After salvation, than can study deeper aspects of the Bible, and develop 'system" to understand its doctrines?

7. Alive in Christ

JesusFan...

EXCELLANT post. Just wonderfull.

I share you attitude, brother.

AiC

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

Do they preach the same Jesus? One believes Jesus wants all men everywhere to be saved, the other believes Jesus only wills that a few elect are saved and that all the rest perish.

Does that sound like the same Jesus to you?

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point exactly.

10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The only problem i see is you calling me names,because you cannot reply to the scripture...then trying to claim equivalence of two opposite views.
    So I or other calvinists must be the problem.
    try to post something that is helpful

11. Alive in Christ

When did I call you names, Iconoclast?

This is what I said....

I never named you at all. I referred to...

And others have noticed the same tendancy in some calvinists.

Iconoclast, people in general get a much better chance of getting a fair hearing from their hearers, when they come across with humility, rather than cold arrogance.

And Christ said some things about those 2 attitudes as well.