1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Sinners Have Angels?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Oct 16, 2007.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

Maybe angels help the elect before their regeration to insure their regeneration. <G>

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: So would I be correct in assuming that you believe angels are universally granted to all men?

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I was thinking about fallen angels and holy angels as two distinct denominations. Is that not proper?

HP: Well Mr. Ryan, you win the prize. :thumbs: :laugh:
    I have to admit this verse was the inspiration for this thread.

Now that we have arrived at this point, I have several questions, especially for those holding to election as presented in the Calvinistic model.

For what purpose would an angel have beholding the face of God for a wicked baby predestined to eternal torment? Would God be interesting in protecting that which is destined to be destroyed in hell eternity, that is in direct opposition to everything that is good, just, and holy?

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What Scripture was used for your inspiration for creating this thread, HP?

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

Mt 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

6. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I thnk the case can be made that "born of water" is not necessarily referring to natural birth. I think it is a reference to the word of God, as in "washing of water of the word." (Eph 5:26.)

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ding ding ding -- that is a good one!

Anyone who thinks that God does not love those who are "Finally lost" enough to pay the atonement for them or to convict them as he "Convicts the WORLD of sin and righteousness and judgment" or to care for them with His Angels -

.. Good point.

in Christ,

Bob