1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do the right thing!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, May 27, 2013.

1. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

SINS OF OMISSION: The importance of “Doing The Right thing”…I was recently tested in this area due to a desperate need. (I could have made $12,000 in 6 months if my house didn't sell) I am proud to say I again passed the test. As many know I have 10 acres…ok, 9, but I’m a little Monkish, so I like to round things off. And from the day I moved back in, I have had many offers to let people “grow medical marijuana”…Legal in Ca and personally to me the “lesser” of all substance abuse, alcohol, pain meds, prescription drugs, anti depressants etc. I mean God did make it....I even talked with a pastor who actually okayed it. These people claimed to be “Christians” etc. anyway, God did send others to talk some sense into me and basically I came away with the conviction to “Do The Right Thing”…..Trust God to provide, even if He doesn’t it is more important to do the right thing for my own conscience.

This is a TRUTH that although not always followed perfectly, is a TRUTH I always go back to. Think about it. How else can we release the burdens and bondage of GUILT, DOUBT, WORRY, BLAME, unless we do the right thing? That is exactly what ‘SINS OF OMISSION” are. That is when someone doesn’t do the right thing, when they know deep down that they should. This is a LIE that Satan uses the most to us human beings, this lie is often marketed by the media, through commercials, TV, movies, magazines etc…with such seducing words as “I Deserve It”….”If It Feels Good Do It”….”What Can I Gain”….”The End Justify The Means”….Basically it is ALL about me.

What do I keep preaching about? Matt 22:37-39…it isn’t about me as much as it is about GOD and OTHERS! Sins of omission probably happen to us more often than we realize throughout our day. I was reminded of this today not only regarding the growing, but in another form after I received 2 phone calls….one yesterday when I got home late and one today, unbeknownst to either of them, they called to see if I had sold my house yet. My thought both times was, WOW, here are two people who ‘I’ve only known in a recent bible study I’m attending for 1 month. And to think that they cared enough about me to call me up and follow through with OUR prayers about my house last Thursday, and to let me know they were still praying. That was VERY ENCOURAGING, to say the least and I told them so. Another bible study I had attended for about a year, never really showed me they cared. It was as if they did the MINIMUM and only when I kept asking for help. Not one of them has called to follow up about the house even though I emailed them the same day. I can honestly say only 2 of the men out of the 8 couples would respond in any way shape or form and even then it wasn’t much. Much different than this new group. I’m very sensitive to others vibes and we shouldn’t think others aren’t as well. I am thankful to God for putting those in my life right now who are “Doing The Right Thing.”…guess God had to REPLACE those who proved UNFAITHFUL, those who rejected their opportunity to ….”Do The Right Thing.”…much like He did with Deborah in the Old Testament.

Why is it so important to “DO THE RIGHT THING,” besides ridding ourselves of the bondage mentioned earlier? Because it shows GOD and OTHERS that we care! It is what God is calling all of us who claim to “KNOW” Him. He wants us to be His tools, His voice, and His body. For by this others will KNOW you are my disciples. John 13:35. By being His tools, we are actively seeking opportunities to minister physically to others, by being His voice; we share the gospel to others, and we share His truth, no matter what and at what cost. By being His body we ENCOURAGE, EDIFY, FORGIVE, REBUKE, be ACCOUNTABLE etc. These are all good things that SATAN HATES!

Satan wants to lie to us and do all he can for us to NOT draw closer to God and others. So what say you, are you going to DO THE RIGHT THING?

#1 Matt22:37-39, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  2. Matt22:37-39

I put this on my blog...so that is why often my posts are a bit personal.

3. Matt22:37-39

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If your pastor approved it....

....why didn't you do it? It seems that this was the sign you were looking for. At least the validation you had hoped for?

Actually, I would have done what you did in the end, and never consider the offer in the first place, let alone take the thought to my pastor. But, if he saw you as a giver, $12,000.00 - dollars is a tithe of $1,200.00 - :smilewinkgrin: (sorry, but I couldn't let that go by without saying it, and I'm sure your pastor never once thought of this).

Some people would have done this without batting an eye, and by people, I mean church folks. I live in Cali too, and while it is legal, so is producing, selling and consuming alcohol. Even so, we all know the ills of drinking, as well as the sin of drinking to excess. This was a great choice on your behalf, morally speaking, because we know that majority of those in Cali, who use marijuana do so for recreational purposes, not medicinal needs.

5. Matt22:37-39

Well, it was tempting that is for sure. Like I said personally I think it is not as bad as other stuff people take such as PILLS (I hate pills since I react differently to most being hyperactive and they are MAN made) where God did make weed for a reason I believe medically. It says in Genesis that all herbs were for our use.

I use to smoke for 8 years before I got saved at 22 and it didn't do anything bad to me, it didn't even make me hungry or lazy like most. But like all things I never abused it. I'm a moderation type person, all things in moderation....well not all of course.

thanks for your input righteous...:)