1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do they know what their leaders condone?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by fortytworc, Apr 18, 2012.

1. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

This is 12 years old. The President of the Southern Baptist Convention. I can't toss it aside. IMO this is a very important piece of information.

The above url is not part of any SBC ANYTHING. (official or otherwise).

I am back to where I started only without being anger driven.
    As I see it: The SBC knowingly, willfully, and deliberately go past tolerating domestic violence within their membership, and even leadership; they promote it by encouraging (telling, manipulating?) victims to stay in the same house with business (beatings) as usual and even when it gets worse.Listen again if you will.
    http://archive.org/details/PaigePattersonsbcAdviceToVictimsOfDomesticViolence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFPkN3zKN2s&feature=related

The most recent official statement is from 1979 and says nothing.
    IMO the leadership of the SBC need to apologize to the membership and step down. We jump on Catholics for attending their services without knowing what their church really teaches. To those who are or become true Christians we expect that once they know the truth of the wrong teachings they will leave. I'm not equating Catholicism with Southern Baptists. It's not a perfect example, but the idea of believing and staying in an organization that condones such wrong doctrine is what I'm trying to get at. I would even stop short of saying that all should leave. If one, two, or three Sunday morning services would be boycotted to let them know that you know, and you want it changed.

#21 fortytworc, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2012