1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Ungodly Sinners Have Guardian Angels?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 21, 2012.

1. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

I agree with totally. But the idea here is that some believe that we have a personal guardian angel assigned to us specifically.

I do believe that the angels in Matthew 18:10 intercede for the children to God, but only because that they are not lost yet and donnot realise they need Jesus to intercede for them. When we are adults we have Jesus to intercede for us, and have no need for angelic intercession.

john

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Of course. There is only one man that can come between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Mt 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Acts 1215 And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel.

Heb. 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Ps 34:7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

These texts do not apply to the lost but they do apply to the saved

#43 The Biblicist, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  4. billwald

billwald New Member

>Obviously unsaved people do not have a "guardian angel."
    >They "minister" to the saved.

The rain falls on the just and the unjust.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

But salvation doesn't.

6. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I, too, agree that the bible does not teach that each believer has a particular angel assigned to him/her by God.

What confused me in your post 34 was that in it, you quoted DHK's post 33, which meant that your challenge, "Show me where it says that God assigns us a personal angel to guard us, please," seemed to have been addressed particularly to him.

What you have now written makes it clear that DHK and you and I (and others) agree that the bible says nothing about indiviudual angels being assigned to individual believers.

7. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Mt 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Acts 1215 And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel.

Heb. 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Ps 34:7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

These texts do not apply to the lost but they do apply to the saved.

So you would disagree with Christ in his use of "THEIR" angels and with the early church at Jerusalem their use of "HIS" angel and disagree with David and the writer of Hebrews that angels were "FOR THEM" and "DELIVERETH THEM."

If these personal pronouns do not demand that children of God have angels assigned to them then why use such expressions?